18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I sent my 129F on the 8th of may. And I noticed that most people get their first NOA within 10 days. I called USCIS and they said I should call back the 5 of June if I havent heard of anything. Should I be concerned? Should I call them again? Is this unusual?

I'm just freaking out because it seems like everything I do turns astray, and I want to make sure they recieved it so I can send another if they didnt get it or whatnot.

I sent my 129F on the 8th of may. And I noticed that most people get their first NOA within 10 days. I called USCIS and they said I should call back the 5 of June if I havent heard of anything. Should I be concerned? Should I call them again? Is this unusual?

I'm just freaking out because it seems like everything I do turns astray, and I want to make sure they recieved it so I can send another if they didnt get it or whatnot.

Did you send the package with tracking? Are you sure they received it?

It's been about three weeks. Give it another week and call them back.

Timeline

Did you send the package with tracking? Are you sure they received it?

It's been about three weeks. Give it another week and call them back.

no I'm not sure.

Another one of those things that I should've done...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As mentioned the Fed Ex could track it if you registered it. How did you pay? If with a check, has it been cashed yet?

Which office did you go through? west coast is a bit slower in there response times.

wow, we have already recieved our Biometrics appointments. It is only 2 1/2 weeks away.

It seems to be moving rather quickly.

This is great.

Timeline

As mentioned the Fed Ex could track it if you registered it. How did you pay? If with a check, has it been cashed yet?

Which office did you go through? west coast is a bit slower in there response times.

I sent it through USPS, and they were rushing me out the door because it took so long to get my passport photo. I'm from washington and I sent it to Nebraska. I didn't send it ground or anything, but first class so it shouldve got there in 2-3 business days.

I'm just wondering if this is normal, or a cause for concern, because im assuming like everyone else, this is seriously putting a strain on my relationship with my fiance.

Edit* oh yeah, I did write a check, and it hasnt been cashed yet. otherwise I wouldnt be so worried.

Edited by JamesandMaria

hi james and maria

when you posted your petition did you have a receipt given to you from the post office...if you have that receipt from your package you will find a tracking number..you could ring the post office dont know if it would help..

i sent mine with usps and put it in an express post bag..is that what you did too...

hope that helps in anyway...did the person you spoke to at USCIS by any chance tell you your names were in the system?

take care and good luck

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

i think you should wait for 1-2 weeks at most as the USCIS officer told you on the phone.

from my experience, i sent I-129F on April 30, received at CSC on May 2, and got NOA1 date of May 23, received from snail mail on May 26.

so using my reference, if you sent I-129F on May 8, then you should get the NOA1 snail mail between June 8 to 10.

if you still haven't received the NOA1 snail mail by June 10, call the USCIS again to follow up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I would wait until the day they tell you, then call. If you don't have anything, ask them to enter your name. If they've done anything with it, they can give you your receipt number. I was getting pretty frustrated with them because I filed on April 26th and it was received two days later, but I had no notice and nothing had happened with my bank account. I called this morning, and got an officer would was no help and told me to wait another 30 days. I called a few hours later, got someone else, and after explaining to her that all I knew was it was received via USPS, and that I had filed more than 30 days ago, she asked for my name, then verified my birthdate, my fiance's name and birthdate and was able to get me my receipt number, even though the check hasn't cleared my bank and I haven't received anything physical. Now I can at least track it online. Just be persistent, but polite, and don't let them try to give you vague answers so you go away. It takes less than 5 minutes for them to type in your name and look it up.

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I know it's hard, but hang tight. It's the busy season for USCIS and they're slowing down because of the surge of recently filed petitions. Spring and summer are super busy! It's unfair, I know, but hang tight. Your check will be cashed and you'll receive the NOA1.

And equally absurd, don't compare what happens to others to what's going on with your submittal. For no discernable reason, some petitions are processed faster than others. It's not based on merit nor on submittal dates necessarily. The NOA1 will get there.

MM and MS

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Same here. I mailed my K-1 May 3 and called them, they said wait 2 more weeks. They had no record of my K-1.

Aug. 2006 met online

Oct. 2006 first visit to china, met her in Beijing

Feb. 2007 My daughter and I went to China to visit her /daughter

Feb. 2007 proposed to her.

May 4,2007 I-129F Sent

May 29,2007 I-129F NOA1

Aug. 2007 3rd trip to china

Sept. 19,2007 NOA2

Oct. 15,2007 NVC received

Oct. 17,2007 left NVC

Dec. 22,2007 P-3 arrived

Dec. 27,2007 P-3 sent back

Feb. 2008 4th trip to china

Feb. 9, 2008 P-4 arrived

March 11,2008 Interview date, Passed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Seems hit or miss with us May filers. I was a little worried myself until the bank cleared my check which gave me a chance to find everything. Just keep calling until you get some help.

Lots of checks sometimes take a while to get through the system depending on your bank. I just happen to live in Japan and use a US bank that uses new systems for sending check data back within a week. Last bank I had took a month for the check to travel through the system.

I-129F Timeline

2007-05-04 Sent packet via USPS express mail

2007-05-08 TSC received packet; signed by C.S.

2007-05-14 NOA1; transfer to CSC

2007-05-17 Check cashed; receive NOA1 at parent's house

2007-06-13 NOA2

It took them a full month to cash our cheque so I wouldn't worry yet.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I would wait until the day they tell you, then call. If you don't have anything, ask them to enter your name. If they've done anything with it, they can give you your receipt number. I was getting pretty frustrated with them because I filed on April 26th and it was received two days later, but I had no notice and nothing had happened with my bank account. I called this morning, and got an officer would was no help and told me to wait another 30 days. I called a few hours later, got someone else, and after explaining to her that all I knew was it was received via USPS, and that I had filed more than 30 days ago, she asked for my name, then verified my birthdate, my fiance's name and birthdate and was able to get me my receipt number, even though the check hasn't cleared my bank and I haven't received anything physical. Now I can at least track it online. Just be persistent, but polite, and don't let them try to give you vague answers so you go away. It takes less than 5 minutes for them to type in your name and look it up.

I second the part about waiting a short time then calling again. You can tell fairly quickly whether the person that answer the phone "wants" to help you or not.

I usually act very polite, tell them I am deeply concerned, and simply want my to know more. I ask please help. Sometimes the person on the line has been helpful. Other times I get the old "call back in 30 days" speach. Check out my signature and it shows they can and will give information if they want to.

DON'T give up. Visit your fiancee again. Have her visit you. Should be easy from UK. My girl is in Russia and I plan to visit about once every two months until she has her visa. Expensive... but it's much better to be planning your next visit than to stress about the visa.

My fiancee has handled our delays well. She is upset that the lawyer told us one thing... but the USCIS is taking their sweet time considering we are at the VSC.

03/09/2007 - I-129F sent

03/13/2007 - NOA1

03/24/2007 - Touched

04/07/2007 - Touched

04/19/2007 - Called VSC again - was told my petition was on someone's desk waiting for an RFE clerical entry

04/20/2007 - RFE via website stating they mailed via snail mail- no clue what they need or want

04/23/2007 - Touched ??? the monday after RFE? Why?

05/02/2007 - RFE received (10 days to receive RFE in mail! UGH!!!!)

05/14/2007 - Evidence delivered fedex signed for by A.Scott

05/15/2007 - Touched - Evidence received.

05/16/2007 - Touched

05/17/2007 - Touched

05/18/2007 - Touched

06/04/2007 - NOA2 via website. :)

06/05/2007 - Touched

06/06/2007 - NVC Received from USCIS

06/12/2007 - NVC Left! 6 days at nvc - inluding a weekend!

08/21/2007 - Interview Date - Discovered on 06/25/2007 by looking with MOS number on Embassy website

08/22/2007 - Actual Interview date - PASSED (Interview delayed one day due to delay in medical exam results.)

08/30/2007 - Entered USA @ JFK

11/10/2007 - MARRIED!

12/28/2007 - Filed AOS, EAD, and AP

01/07/2008 - NOA1 AOS, AP, EAD

01/25/2008 - Biometrics appointment

02/25/2008 - AOS, EAD approved/received

03/18/2008 - AOS interview - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I sent it through USPS, and they were rushing me out the door because it took so long to get my passport photo. I'm from washington and I sent it to Nebraska. I didn't send it ground or anything, but first class so it shouldve got there in 2-3 business days.

I'm just wondering if this is normal, or a cause for concern, because im assuming like everyone else, this is seriously putting a strain on my relationship with my fiance.

Edit* oh yeah, I did write a check, and it hasnt been cashed yet. otherwise I wouldnt be so worried.

Hi - I'm from Washington too so that meant I had to send my I-129F to Nebraska. It was received there a few days later (I sent it return receipt requested). Upon reading various threads here I learned that my packet was likely gonna be forwarded over to the Califonria Service Center, where it did eventually get to, where it sat in a pile for nearly a month. I just got my chcek cashed a week or so ago (I was checking my bank account online at least 20 times a day) and saw on the back of the check that I had a case number, and yes I HAD been transferred to CSC just like everyone told me I would on here. Then a few days later I got my NOA1 via snail mail.

I know it's difficult but I would wait another week or so before you called. Don't beat yourself up about how you mailed it and such, what's done is done, I am sure it got there ok. I would keep checking your bank statements online to see when they cash your check and also what was very helpful to me was finding 'freinds' who sent off packets around the same time I did as when one of my new friends here got her check cashed and an NOA1 in the mail, I got mine shortly after.

Keep the faith. Best of luck to you, and keep us posted. :thumbs:

Annette

Our Time Line... April 18, 2007 - I-129F mailed to NSC

April 24, 2007 - I-129F received at NSC

May 18, 2007 - I-129F received at CSC

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

September 10, 2007 - NVC RECEIVED! YAY!

September 12, 2007 - Left NVC on it's way to Dublin! WAHOOOO!

September 28, 2007 - Packet 3 Received

November 1, 2007 - Medical

November 8, 2007 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy

December 7, 2007 INTERVIEW!!!

APPROVED!!!!

December 19, 2007 **Alan arrives in Seattle**

WEDDING DATE Valentines day 2008

February 25, 2008 - AOS Packet sent

March 24, 2008 - BIOMETRICS

April 30, 2008 - EAD APPROVED!

October 24 - INTERVIEW!!!!!!

December 11, 2008 - Approved! Green Card being generated. YAY!

December 29, 2008 Greencard Arrives THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY for all your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.