TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cashorino said:

Out of curiosity: What does the CEAC's text say under the refused status?

"A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV."

20 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

"A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV."

Thanks but I was asking AdamKhattab @AdamKhattab specifically because the text is different in certain cases. That text you just cited for example happens when someone got "refused" but is in reality in AP (they now say that everyone in AP is refused since March or something). A real refusal's message looks different and I was curious what they would say to @AdamKhattabs husband who willfully didn't want to get his visa

Edited by Cashorino

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cashorino said:

By the way do you guys get an email once your visa application gets denied? or what kind of notification does one get?

No email.  What do you mean by denied?  The embassy can only refuse uscis will make the final determination.  If the embassy has completely refused a letter maybe sent with the passport but no email unless you inquire.  

Your ceac message will change to "returned to NVC" and passport will be returned.  The letter is very basic and will not explain the reason for the returned petition. 

6 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

No email.  What do you mean by denied?  The embassy can only refuse uscis will make the final determination.  If the embassy has completely refused a letter maybe sent with the passport but no email unless you inquire.  

Your ceac message will change to "returned to NVC" and passport will be returned.  The letter is very basic and will not explain the reason for the returned petition. 

With denied I mean an actual refusal of the visa. I think since March 2020 all the AP's are now being shown as refused which causes confusion for most people.

I just wanted to know, what the actual process looks like in case one gets actually refused. They have sent back my passport after 6 months of AP with a letter stating that I will be in AP. But nothing more. No other letter saying I got refused. Will they specifically send a letter telling you that you got refused (like actually refused)?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cashorino said:

Anyone?

What country?  

Some return passports for long AP others keep until complete.

No you won't get an email unless you inquire.  If the letter doesn't mention returned to uscis it sounds like just AP.

You should inquire to get a clear answer.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Cashorino said:

Yes you may (there have been cases where no letter was sent) get a letter stating that the case was refused according to INA section and that the petition was being returned to uscis for possible revocation.  It will not give any other details.

40 minutes ago, Cashorino said:

No I was asking this because a lawyer said online they send you a LETTER specifically telling you that you got refused once you actually get refused.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Cashorino said:

Thank you :)

Is anyone here over one year in AP? :(

This thread is full of people in AP over a year.  My husband's case was in AP for one year and almost 10 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.