TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2019 at 3:14 PM, ZEIN said:

Hello, please can someone tell me what i can do, we are on an F4 family immigration visa, i was placed under AP and handed ds-5535.

90 days have passed now, and i have received 6 updated but still AP. MY MOTHER, FATHER AND SISTER received their visa and will be travelling before the expiry.

which means i will be left behind, is this normal or you think they will issue me a visa?

i am only 19 years and i was asked to submit travel history for the past 15 years.

Hey any updates on your case now?

On 12/7/2019 at 3:14 PM, ZEIN said:

Hello, please can someone tell me what i can do, we are on an F4 family immigration visa, i was placed under AP and handed ds-5535.

90 days have passed now, and i have received 6 updated but still AP. MY MOTHER, FATHER AND SISTER received their visa and will be travelling before the expiry.

which means i will be left behind, is this normal or you think they will issue me a visa?

i am only 19 years and i was asked to submit travel history for the past 15 years.

After how much time other family members got visas?

On 3/20/2020 at 1:22 AM, NilsaNAnil said:

Does anyone know if it’s true they stopped issuing visas because of the coronavirus?

Quick glance at US Embassy Afghanistan website reveals the answer:  All routine consular services, including visas and American Citizens Services (ACS) such as passport renewals and notaries, are suspended at Embassy Kabul as of March 15.  This suspension of routine services will continue until further notice. 

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Quick glance at US Embassy Afghanistan website reveals the answer:  All routine consular services, including visas and American Citizens Services (ACS) such as passport renewals and notaries, are suspended at Embassy Kabul as of March 15.  This suspension of routine services will continue until further notice. 

Thank you. 
I hope this pandemic ends. Stay safe everyone 🤲🏻

Hi everyone, I hope you are well. I have been following this thread since September 2018 and thought it is time for me to post here and give you some positive news. 

I am Not from a banned country, and been living in the UK since the age of 17. 

We have involved our senator and attempted to contact various organisations with no hope. Throughout the AP process there wasn't a single update unless we or the senator inquired. It was only updated twice, once 4 days after my fiancé sent and inquiry (which we didn't know if it was related as it was updated the day he inquired and then 4 days later) and then on February 4th 2020. 

Total waiting time: 1 year 5 months

Here is our timeline: 

Timeline:

November-23-2017: Application submitted

May-13-2018: Petition approval

June-6-2019: NVC notice

September-13-2018: Interview at the embassy, been given the DS-5535 

September-15-2018: Sent the completed DS-5535 via email

January-16-2020: request of passport

February-4-2020: Email requesting new documents after not a single update throughout the AP

February-13-2020: new medical

February-21-2020: fingerprints and re-oath at the embassy

February- 27-2020: received passport

March-15-2020: Arrived and we are finally living the happily ever after we deserve. 

We hope you find this helpful. Stay strong and positive. 

31 minutes ago, NVsilver said:

Timeline:

November-23-2017: Application submitted

May-13-2018: Petition approval

June-6-2019: NVC notice

September-13-2018: Interview at the embassy, been given the DS-5535 

September-15-2018: Sent the completed DS-5535 via email

January-16-2020: we requested our passport back 

February-4-2020: Email from the embassy informing us that AP is over. Also requesting new documents and medical after not a single update throughout the AP

February-13-2020: new medical

February-21-2020: fingerprints and re-oath at the embassy

February- 27-2020: received passport

March-15-2020: Arrived and we are finally living the happily ever after we deserve. 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 3/15/2020 at 3:38 AM, khadijamome said:

Hey any updates on your case now?

no updates

On 3/15/2020 at 5:59 AM, Ehsan2003 said:

After how much time other family members got visas?

after 55 days from AP my family recived the visas

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rami91 said:

if we have the visa in our hands and we still cannot come right now bc of the corona virus, will we face a problem after they open the airlines and any ideas when they’ll open the airlines from Europe?

if you have the visa , i guess you could come through countries other than europe, for example transit in egypt etc. depending what countries the US don't consider corona virus dangerous, search online

3 hours ago, mazenkanso said:

if you have the visa , i guess you could come through countries other than europe, for example transit in egypt etc. depending what countries the US don't consider corona virus dangerous, search online

Mazen your family got visa within 55 days while your son is stuck right? During all this I mean before you all got visa what was the case status on ceac for every member?

Timeline
14 hours ago, khadijamome said:

Mazen your family got visa within 55 days while your son is stuck right? During all this I mean before you all got visa what was the case status on ceac for every member?

my wife is is the main applicant, we are a family of 4 my wife me, my son and my daughter.

both my wife and son received AP, and since we are tied to my wife, we received after 55 days we submit our passports for visa stamping.

my son has since then been under AP, from september 12, 2019.

he is just 19 years old.

we are on an f4 immigration visa, my wive's sister is a US citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.