TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Visajourneyguy said:

we got call on the 59th day from them. 60 days is the rule before which they are required to reply.

That isn’t always true. We didn’t get any call past the 60th day after submitting medical and pics

1 minute ago, Roki12 said:

No i am talking about generally.

I am specifically talking about Writ of Mandamus. This is the advantage of Writ of Mandamus that the court/judge requires the embassy to answer in 60 days. 

This is why I am encouraging everyone to apply. Some people applied after 5 months of waiting but most of them applied after 1 yr. 

47 minutes ago, MZe said:

That isn’t always true. We didn’t get any call past the 60th day after submitting medical and pics

I am talking about Writ of Mandamus cases. Generally speaking people have had to wait for 2 yrs after interview with no progress. It is crazy. we filed after 14 months of torture of waiting. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Visajourneyguy said:

I am talking about Writ of Mandamus cases. Generally speaking people have had to wait for 2 yrs after interview with no progress. It is crazy. we filed after 14 months of torture of waiting. 

I see. My posts were inclined towards submitting of remedical and pics and then waiting for the call for oath. We have been waiting for 14 months too from interview date. 

Edited by MZe
Spell check

1 minute ago, MZe said:

I see. My posts were inclined towards submitting of remedical and pics and then waiting for the call for oath. We have been waiting for 14 months too from interview date. 

For all of us who had filed for WOM, we were waiting for the DS5535 process to finish after interview. We were told on the interview that everything else looks good, they just need to finish processing DS5535. 

You can talk to lawyer Jim Hacking and see what they advice. I used Jim Hacking but there are couple of other good lawyers who are doing this. 

6 hours ago, MZe said:

Medical now expires every six months. I would hate for the medical to expire. So if you don’t hear back within the next two weeks ask ur congressman to inquire on your behalf. Was he asked to refill ds260 before his oath and was there any major change in his refilled form ? 

His medical did expire. I didn’t contact a congressman this whole time our case has been in AP 18 months and our case has moved along just fine just Ap factor. Yes after the medical we got an email telling us before the reoath apt we need to fill out the ds260.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, MZR said:

His medical did expire. I didn’t contact a congressman this whole time our case has been in AP 18 months and our case has moved along just fine just Ap factor. Yes after the medical we got an email telling us before the reoath apt we need to fill out the ds260.

Ok so remember this. If you filled the ds260 and retook the oath and his second medical is still valid, 30 days post oath please start reaching out if u don’t hear back or at least a month before his new medical expires, reach out to your congressman office for update. 

Edited by MZe
Edit fix corrections

Timeline

Hi everyone,

My father in law had his iR-5 interview on February 2018. Everything was fine, he was given the 221g and in 3 days emailed the DS 5535. We filled that form and emailed it back within the same week. In March 2019 we received an email from the embassy requesting for a second interview. The second interview was in mid April 2019, again everything was normal, no out of the blue questions. He was told to submit his updated medical and photos so they can issue the visa. By the first week of May, we had submitted the updated medical and pictures. His case is still on AP. We have reached to our congressman and they are not getting any new information than the standard AP email we get from the embassy. We are reaching 24 months of AP since the initial interview in February. I have noticed some cases take long, but almost 2 years of JUST AP seems way too long for a genuine IR-5.

Thoughts? Comments?

We are patiently waiting, but always question what the issue could be.

Timeline
1 minute ago, sabrina2011 said:

Hi everyone,

My father in law had his iR-5 interview on February 2018. Everything was fine, he was given the 221g and in 3 days emailed the DS 5535. We filled that form and emailed it back within the same week. In March 2019 we received an email from the embassy requesting for a second interview. The second interview was in mid April 2019, again everything was normal, no out of the blue questions. He was told to submit his updated medical and photos so they can issue the visa. By the first week of May, we had submitted the updated medical and pictures. His case is still on AP. We have reached to our congressman and they are not getting any new information than the standard AP email we get from the embassy. We are reaching 24 months of AP since the initial interview in February. I have noticed some cases take long, but almost 2 years of JUST AP seems way too long for a genuine IR-5.

Thoughts? Comments?

We are patiently waiting, but always question what the issue could be.

Does he have travel history ?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MZe said:

Does he have travel history ?

Yes. He has traveled to many middle east countries (Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia) for shia pilgrimage.I know thats a potential red flag which could possibly cause delay, but 2 years of AP 😯 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We were under AP for 55 days, after submitting DS-5535, the embassy called us to submit passports for visa to be issued, but my 19 year son is still under AP,

we are on an F4 immigration visa. BEIRUT/LEBANON

our interview was on september 12

my wife and son were initially asked for the ds-5535, but after 55 days my wife received the visa but 82 days have passed and my son is still AP.

Both me and daughter were under "ready" and when my wife received the visa we did too, since she is the main applicant.

we should be travelling in february before our visa expires, and we are worried about leaving our son behind.

does anyone have any advice what shold be done?

he received 6 updates, the last one was november 12 without inquiries. 

12 september     (when interview was over and was asked to submit ds-5535)

1    october

8    october

29  october

6    november

12  november

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.