TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Visajourneyguy said:

Just want to share that we got our visa only after applying for writ of mandamus. so if anyone is waiting for more than 6 months, file for it. There were people waiting as long as 22 months and we had waited 14 months before applying, but someone also applied as soon as 5 months and got the visa. 

Congratulations!! How long did you wait before filing? And how long until after you filed the lawsuit, did you guys get approved for the Visa? 

I also hired James Hacking recently and I’m hoping that everything works out. 

On 11/21/2019 at 11:08 PM, Visajourneyguy said:

Just want to share that we got our visa only after applying for writ of mandamus. so if anyone is waiting for more than 6 months, file for it. There were people waiting as long as 22 months and we had waited 14 months before applying, but someone also applied as soon as 5 months and got the visa. 

Congrats, please tell me your lawyer? 

My lawyer advised me to go for it after 18 months of interview 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Malik786 said:

Congrats, please tell me your lawyer? 

My lawyer advised me to go for it after 18 months of interview 

James Hacking Law Practice is the name of the law firm.

What if I applied for an internship for instance and now the administrative processing is taking so long that I most likely cannot do the internship anymore since I spent most my time waiting? What if my legal sponsor or me decide to pull back or cancel the process of getting the visa because we/I do not need it anymore?

Will it have ny negative consequences for me? What is their system gonna save about me? 

Has anyone had the experience of them pulling out in the midst of an AP because they don't have the job offer or the internship offer anymore?

On 11/30/2019 at 5:49 AM, Cashorino said:

Nobody? What happens if I pull out of the visa process and say that I don't want a visa anymore?

Try posting your question on the main forum. Because we here are people that have been waiting and waiting on AP. I don’t think any of us has tried or will pull out of the visa process. We are all waiting for loved ones. Good luck 😊

14 minutes ago, Forever5432 said:

My case sat us changed from / to or. How long until the embassy will contact us?

Does it really make a difference if it had a / or an or? I’m just asking out of curiosity 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

Does it really make a difference if it had a / or an or? I’m just asking out of curiosity 

Probably not, but we’re all trying to grab onto any hope we can find at this point. I think it’s more along the lines that If it changed somebody has touched the case which is a good sign. After 17.5 months in AP even if just the font changes I will be happy lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Has anyone been contacted about proving a relationship with a spouse? After a year in AP for my stepmoms case my father got a letter that they need proof. Mind you they’ve been married 23 years and have 2 twins that are 18 years old....any other idea what proof they would need?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

It is said that when the description changes from mailed/available to mailed or available it means AP is complete.   

I have seen it a few times change back to the / after the embassy contacts them.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tory&Taz said:

Probably not, but we’re all trying to grab onto any hope we can find at this point. I think it’s more along the lines that If it changed somebody has touched the case which is a good sign. After 17.5 months in AP even if just the font changes I will be happy lol

You are so right!! I would be happy waking up to something different on my CEAC any day.  lol

Timeline
13 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

Try posting your question on the main forum. Because we here are people that have been waiting and waiting on AP. I don’t think any of us has tried or will pull out of the visa process. We are all waiting for loved ones. Good luck 😊

His case is in AP but not for a family visa. :) I told him to post on here since I have seen others who were also waiting under AP for job/school/internship opportunities. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.