TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/11/2019 at 11:46 PM, Insha said:

Oh I see. I guess I will still see the second date change as something positive since my ceac date has never changed on its own unless we made an inquiry. I see that your interview was in late 2017, Im beginning to wonder if our AP's are already done and their just sitting on our cases making us wait for no reason 🤔

Same thing happened to my inquiry it updated back to back and they replied to the congressman right away actually in less than 24 hours. It will be a month since that next week and no updates yet. 

Update on my husband's case. After 19 (almost 20) months after contacting my senator's office to make an inquiry we got an email requesting my husband to come in for fingerprinting and oath late next month. Thing is, its been over 19 months since he had his medical and they didn't request a new one. I already updated the DS260 few months ago on my own but they didn't directly ask me to update that either. Just said to come in for the fingerprinting etc. Is this common? Im going to ask them to specify if they need these things to be re done. But just thought I'd share with you guys

7 hours ago, Insha said:

Update on my husband's case. After 19 (almost 20) months after contacting my senator's office to make an inquiry we got an email requesting my husband to come in for fingerprinting and oath late next month. Thing is, its been over 19 months since he had his medical and they didn't request a new one. I already updated the DS260 few months ago on my own but they didn't directly ask me to update that either. Just said to come in for the fingerprinting etc. Is this common? Im going to ask them to specify if they need these things to be re done. But just thought I'd share with you guys

I hope you’ll get your good news soon! 🤲🏻

We emailed our embassy and asked them if we should update our ds260 but they replied back to us saying not to at the moment. But it shows as incomplete... I’m wondering if we should go ahead and submit it again... what do you suggest? 

3 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

I hope you’ll get your good news soon! 🤲🏻

We emailed our embassy and asked them if we should update our ds260 but they replied back to us saying not to at the moment. But it shows as incomplete... I’m wondering if we should go ahead and submit it again... what do you suggest? 

If their saying not too I wouldn't do it. I only updated mine because someone told me to. It doesn't effect your case if you do but I would just do what they say

Hi guys how is an updated medical exam report suppose to be sent to Islamabad embassy? Does the approved medical facility email the report to embassy or do we mail it? 

My husband is asked to send the updated medical report and passport size photos to embassy. But doesn’t say if it should be mailed or emailed. 

Thank you. 

On 10/2/2019 at 7:37 AM, msa1234 said:

I was asked to resubmit medical and photos end of July. I mailed those docs to embassy mid August. Sent them a few emails after that but have not received any reply. My passport which is with them has expired and my status online shows 'expiring soon'. So just wondering what's happening. My interview was in September 2018 and I got the DS form in Jan 2019.

Hi any update on your case? My husband was just asked to resubmit medical and photos. The embassy didn’t specify if it needs to be mailed or email or how to send those reports. Any idea? We’re u told to mail it in? 

Also my husband’s passport is expired and they did not ask for passport renewal yet. They have his expired passport since interview which was November 2018. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, MIra3 said:

Hi any update on your case? My husband was just asked to resubmit medical and photos. The embassy didn’t specify if it needs to be mailed or email or how to send those reports. Any idea? We’re u told to mail it in? 

Also my husband’s passport is expired and they did not ask for passport renewal yet. They have his expired passport since interview which was November 2018. 

Hi,

You need to mail it. Once you get your medical report, take that along with a copy of your husband's passport and printout of email from embassy to AEG. You'll need to create an account with ustraveldocs if your husband never did - ppl at AEG can guide you on that. I was unable to create my account initially because my passport had expired so I was told to enter a wrong expiry date.

After submitting my medical I emailed the embassy but never received any response. Only last week I got a call that they are sending my expired passport back and that I should send them the new one. I am still waiting for them to send me an email before I can submit my new passport as AEG doesnt take your documents unless you have a written email.

1 hour ago, msa1234 said:

Hi,

You need to mail it. Once you get your medical report, take that along with a copy of your husband's passport and printout of email from embassy to AEG. You'll need to create an account with ustraveldocs if your husband never did - ppl at AEG can guide you on that. I was unable to create my account initially because my passport had expired so I was told to enter a wrong expiry date.

After submitting my medical I emailed the embassy but never received any response. Only last week I got a call that they are sending my expired passport back and that I should send them the new one. I am still waiting for them to send me an email before I can submit my new passport as AEG doesnt take your documents unless you have a written email.

Thank u so much for the reply. This is very helpful. How long did it take after the call to receive your old passport? 

They called my husband initially to resubmit medical and then finally received a written email 2 days later asking of same thing. My husband is also asked to resubmit his Ds 260 form which apparently is still locked and can’t fill out until embassy unlocks it. 

Give it few days for them to send u an email for passport resubmission. It seems like it takes them couple of business days to process things. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MIra3 said:

Thank u so much for the reply. This is very helpful. How long did it take after the call to receive your old passport? 

They called my husband initially to resubmit medical and then finally received a written email 2 days later asking of same thing. My husband is also asked to resubmit his Ds 260 form which apparently is still locked and can’t fill out until embassy unlocks it. 

Give it few days for them to send u an email for passport resubmission. It seems like it takes them couple of business days to process things. 

I got my passport 2 days later. Been more than a week still no email from them.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, msa1234 said:

Hi,

Send them email for your fresh passport to resubmit to AEG, they won't accept your passport until you attach email requesting to submit new passport, last month they sent me my passport to send fresh coz old one is going to expire so they sent me email which I take to AEG on 28th September after that mine case updated twice, waiting for another email which they have to call me for fingerprints and Oath. In your case why they didn't request same time they ask for redo medical. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:27 PM, Rosepetal3333 said:

Hi everyone I would like to share my husband's visa story.

My husband was interviewed in Sept 2018 for his visa. The interview went great, CO was nice. She said she needs more time to process the case and give him 221g slip with administrative processing. Then the next day he got an email with questionnaire 

6 months went by with no progess on the case. I talked with different lawyers that had experience in WOMs. I finally decided to go for a WOM after 6 months. I even payed the lawyer 50 percent of the fees to start the procedure. In between the time period I had sent a 2nd congressional inquiry in which I had not received a response for a week( isb embassy responds pretty fast to congress inquiries). So I got even more worried that they didnt even reply to the congresswoman. But literally one day after I paid the lawyer for a WOM, I got a respond from the congresswoman that the embassy replied and they are requesting for a medical. It was so weird. And btw I only paid the lawyer the WOM fees he didnt do anything on my case yet nor did he make any communication with the embassy. The embassy just decided to move my husband's case on its own. I was in shock and couldn't believe it. Exactly 2 weeks of submitting medical, my husband's visa was "issued". 

So everyone, keep sending congress or senator inquiries. It helps. And for those who have been waiting for a really long time, just do a WOM. There is ntg to be afraid of if you have a valid case. Keeping you all in my prayers. Those 6 months felt like forever. I completely understand your pain.

hi, hope you are good. can you please give me the contact of your lawyer and senator i want to discuss about my case.

Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 10:44 PM, Rashid patras said:

Send them email for your fresh passport to resubmit to AEG, they won't accept your passport until you attach email requesting to submit new passport, last month they sent me my passport to send fresh coz old one is going to expire so they sent me email which I take to AEG on 28th September after that mine case updated twice, waiting for another email which they have to call me for fingerprints and Oath. In your case why they didn't request same time they ask for redo medical. 

I already did email them and it's been more than a week with no response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello all! Our case is no longer in AP and our visa status is now issued. 

My fiancé is based out of Kabul and I am very thankful that the AP process went by quickly. I pray for the best for everyone else! Patience is key 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Comanutd33 said:

Hello all! Our case is no longer in AP and our visa status is now issued. 

My fiancé is based out of Kabul and I am very thankful that the AP process went by quickly. I pray for the best for everyone else! Patience is key 

Congratulations 🎊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.