TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SABB said:

Yes... But I don't know why they are asking again nothing changed my answer would be the same as i have mentioned in ds260 and i have never travelled outside of my country but they are asking for travel history. 

Yes there is an Email. 

I think I would have to copy the Email and answer those question and then I have to send it to given email address... right? 

Not everyone gets asked for these additional questions but many do it means they want to look more into your situation.   

You can copy the questions edit and send to the email link provided in the email.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/2/2019 at 7:37 PM, msa1234 said:

I was asked to resubmit medical and photos end of July. I mailed those docs to embassy mid August. Sent them a few emails after that but have not received any reply. My passport which is with them has expired and my status online shows 'expiring soon'. So just wondering what's happening. My interview was in September 2018 and I got the DS form in Jan 2019.

13th September embassy sent back my expired passport and sent  mail that we have reviewed your immigration visa case and to move forward we need your valid passport and mail also said once we receive passport we will then schedule you for fingerprint and Oath, which I sent on 30th September, But my medical also expired but didn't mention anything about medical, any info... 

Timeline
On 10/2/2019 at 9:44 PM, msa1234 said:

Unfortunately, since they have my expired passport, I can't renew my passport. I suspect they'd need a new passport before they proceed further. Do they ask everyone for new fingerprints?

Mine wasn't expired only validity left 3 months so mid Sept they sent me mail I past the exact they sent me and I did send my Fresh passport last week, anyone gone through with similar/or have any info like how long they will take to call for fingerprint and Oath, plus mine medical has expired as well. 

Screenshot_20191003-214000.png

5 hours ago, Comanutd33 said:

Unfortunately I am now joining this dreaded 
"black hole" with you all. Interview 9/8 DS5535 sent 9/10

Kabul

Welcome to the black hole. We’ve been in it for 15 months now

Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 10:53 PM, Rashid patras said:

13th September embassy sent back my expired passport and sent  mail that we have reviewed your immigration visa case and to move forward we need your valid passport and mail also said once we receive passport we will then schedule you for fingerprint and Oath, which I sent on 30th September, But my medical also expired but didn't mention anything about medical, any info... 

Doesn't make sense to me why they would not ask for all the needed documents at the same time. From your email attachment I can see that they make it clear that the next step is fingerprints/oath and hence the background security checks are complete. I don't like to think that people in US embassy would by mistake miss out details like expired medical reports. Maybe they plan to call you to embassy at a date which will give you ample time to get medical done again (eg they might tell you to come for fingerprints/oath 30 days from now - enough time to get medical again).

For my case its the opposite - they asked for new medical but did not ask for new passport. They did not even mention fingerprints/oath etc. Now for me if they don't ask for my renewed passport before my medical expires I'll have to get medical done once again.

So on the bright you won't have to worry about that at least :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, msa1234 said:

Doesn't make sense to me why they would not ask for all the needed documents at the same time. From your email attachment I can see that they make it clear that the next step is fingerprints/oath and hence the background security checks are complete. I don't like to think that people in US embassy would by mistake miss out details like expired medical reports. Maybe they plan to call you to embassy at a date which will give you ample time to get medical done again (eg they might tell you to come for fingerprints/oath 30 days from now - enough time to get medical again).

For my case its the opposite - they asked for new medical but did not ask for new passport. They did not even mention fingerprints/oath etc. Now for me if they don't ask for my renewed passport before my medical expires I'll have to get medical done once again.

So on the bright you won't have to worry about that at least :)

Don't really know why they do this all, what on earth stopping them to ask all required doc's to complete the application, their whole Immigrant visa system is shitty and sickening, I can imagine people in Ap for more than year and two still the situation is black and white for them, all we can do pray to God to take us out of this. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, kshaheen said:

Has anyone’s case been stuck since late 2017? 

I applied for my husband in February 2017 our first interview was December of 2017 second interview October of 2018 where we were given the ds5535 and we are still waiting.   I

Timeline
7 hours ago, Malik786 said:

Can anyone help me understand why there is written INCOMPLETE in my DS260 status

Nothing to worry open your ds260 and refill if your address phone number if its changed and plus they add social media info/handles like Twitter, YouTube and email address, there's a whole list, if you don't use write N/A

8 hours ago, Rashid patras said:

Nothing to worry open your ds260 and refill if your address phone number if its changed and plus they add social media info/handles like Twitter, YouTube and email address, there's a whole list, if you don't use write N/A

Our case also says incomplete but our embassy told us not to do anything to theds 260. So you might want to contact your Embassy first.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:46 PM, kshaheen said:

Has anyone’s case been stuck since late 2017? 

I applied for my husband January 31, 2017. His interview was in May 2018. He is still in AP. Our case is at the Kabul Embassy in Afghanistan. I hope all of us get good news soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.