TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, Roor.M said:

At your own risk. That's so not recommended. The AP could actually be ongoing and they're not delaying anything for no reason.

It is when things are taking more time out of the ordinary that you will have the writ of mandamus work for you!!

6 months waiting is out of the ordinary time frame......i have seen people file lawsuits and win after waiting 6 months.

5 hours ago, Malik786 said:

I checked my ds260 after a long time. The status on ds260 says re-opened and the summary says to resubmit it because updates are required. What should I do ?

Screenshot_20190925_003145.jpg

My husband case was reopened in June 2019, we emailed the embassy and they told us not to do anything... but it still shows reopened and no updates unless we inquiry. It’s frustrating 

I just checked my husband’s DS 260 application that has been reopened since June 2019 and see that the social media questions have been added to it... has anyone filled in the info even after given the DS 5535 after the interview? My husband’s interview was in June 24 2018...  

10 hours ago, mabobine said:

Just to give you some hope, our case was reopened a month before we received email from the embassy to redo medical. So its possible that you will hear from your embassy soon.

I am not sure when it is reopened but till now I didn't receive any email from embassy. Any way I completed it and send email to embassy but didn't reply yet

Edited by JUV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

I just checked my husband’s DS 260 application that has been reopened since June 2019 and see that the social media questions have been added to it... has anyone filled in the info even after given the DS 5535 after the interview? My husband’s interview was in June 24 2018...  

When my husband got the email from the embassy asking for updated medical and passport photos they also said to go online to update his ds-260 since it was first done before his first interview. Most definitely after sending in the ds-5535 AND the updated ds-5535 they requested after the first one.

Did they never notify you or your husband about updating the form?

Hopefully this is a good sign for your hubby!

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

9 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

How can I check my application? How do you do it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, M.Hassan Khan said:

Did anyone else get his case updated on its own on 24th of sepetember 2019 or is it just me only ? 

Kindly tell.

Thanks.

Our last update was 9/11...and it was due to a congressman inquiry.  Last update on its on was July 25th.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hello guys, 

we have an f4 visa type, and one member in the family ( my son 19 years old) was given the ds-5535 form to submit (which he did), after the interview.

the CC told him not to worry, because he told her that his university will start this fall, but she assured him that he defer his entrance to the university until spring

and reassured him not to worry.

my question is ;

1-are all visa types with DS-5535 treated the same since its been 13 years now since we applied

2-when the counselor assured my son about deferring his entrance to university to spring, was she giving us a sign that the AP will be cleared by then.

thankyou in advance for any help on this matter

Edited by mazenkanso

18 hours ago, tiyyo said:

When my husband got the email from the embassy asking for updated medical and passport photos they also said to go online to update his ds-260 since it was first done before his first interview. Most definitely after sending in the ds-5535 AND the updated ds-5535 they requested after the first one.

Did they never notify you or your husband about updating the form?

Hopefully this is a good sign for your hubby!

No we emailed the Embassy back in June when it first appeared as reopened and they told us not to do anything even though it said to update on the site. So we did nothing but wait. 

Today i check again and now it says incomplete...on the DS260. Could it be that now they want him to update it. Since the new application includes social media?

we emailed the embassy but are still awaiting a reply as to why it changed from re-opened to incomplete 

if this happened to anyone on this group please let me know. Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.