TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
7 hours ago, JUV said:

Yes

Yes

Yeah so most of us who interviewed back late 2017 and 2018 got their cases reopened. Just complete it and let it be. When they're ready for you they're going to ask you to submit it and send you a confirmation page again. 

Hopefully this is a step forward in your case.

Best of luck.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Le212 said:

I’m having the same problem so it must be a glitch!!

No glitch. It’s a known outage. If you are on Twitter, you can follow state.gov for updates. They have acknowledged the site is down. I checked the response the page gets when you click submit and it seems that the server it reaches out to is not responding. 

On 9/22/2019 at 12:07 AM, Rashid patras said:

Hi guy's, A little update in my case wants to share as most of you know I had Interviewed on 2nd April 2019 Islamabad Consulate and right away they put me on AP and sent Ds5535 and some missing doc's which I sent on 22nd April, after that my case updates 20,21 & 22nd May on its own then updates in August 22nd and then 11 and 13 September and on 13 they sent my passport back which I got and later 17srptrmber I have received email from embassy which I am posting exact. 

Dear Applicant,

We have recently reviewed your immigrant visa case.  To move forward, please provide us with the following:

·         Your new valid passport. (Previous one is expired)

Once submitted, please send us a confirmation email at https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/.  We will then schedule you for an oath and fingerprints.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy, Islamabad

Well it seems to me my AP journey has finished but Confuse about re fingerprints and Oath once again anyone has gone through or having any idea coming week I will be getting my new passport and will submit. 

Is the old expired passport required in order to make a new passport? My husband (case in Islamabad) has an expired passport which the embassy still has after the interview. I’m wondering if my husband should make his new passport and have it ready for when embassy requests for it or wait until they request renewal... 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
57 minutes ago, MIra3 said:

Is the old expired passport required in order to make a new passport? My husband (case in Islamabad) has an expired passport which the embassy still has after the interview. I’m wondering if my husband should make his new passport and have it ready for when embassy requests for it or wait until they request renewal... 

Hi mira3 well in my case last week they update my case and sent my passport coz passport left only 4 months to complete flat, well same thing what you asking had in my mind and thought of making new so without wasting time can send new once embassy ask for it. When did your husband had his interview and did he fill questionnaire Ds5535 and yes passport office do ask for expired passport you have to have with you when you go for renewal, but if you know someone in passport office it's not a big deal, but you should have copy of your passport. 

1 hour ago, mabobine said:

Just to give you some hope, our case was reopened a month before we received email from the embassy to redo medical. So its possible that you will hear from your embassy soon.

I checked my ds260 after a long time. The status on ds260 says re-opened and the summary says to resubmit it because updates are required. What should I do ?

Screenshot_20190925_003145.jpg

On 9/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, Jorgedig said:

No, it does not.  A writ forces a yes/no decision to be made.  If the data from the background checks is inadequate to approve, the default decision will be a denial.

This is not true. This is the kind of misinformation that keeps people away from their basic right to file a lawsuit. I have seen this "your case will get denied if security checks are still pending" on visa journey so many times. And this is not true. A lawsuit forces the embassy to complete their work. It doesnt matter where the case is at. If its pending security checks then this lawsuit makes them complete that security check. They will never deny you because something is "pending". They will only deny you if they find something bad in that security check or your case overall. A lawsuit will never "cause" a case to get denied. Only a finding that is not in your favor will get you denied. A lawsuit only speeds up your visa process. That is the whole point of the lawsuit. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.