TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

We sent a request to retrieve my husband’s passport from the Embassy so we can see each other again. According to the Embassy it won’t stop the process or add more time to it. So In Shaa Allah I will be able to see my hubby soon. It’s been almost 2 years since I last saw him.

may Allah make this journey easy for all of us. Ameen 🤲🏻

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, NilsaNAnil said:

We sent a request to retrieve my husband’s passport from the Embassy so we can see each other again. According to the Embassy it won’t stop the process or add more time to it. So In Shaa Allah I will be able to see my hubby soon. It’s been almost 2 years since I last saw him.

Ameen

9 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

First thank you so much to everyone here. You are all ma sha allah amazing and supportive people. Thank you for your duas and kind words. They are definitely not wasted. 

My fiance and I were really upstet but we are calm and our hearts are at peace. I verified our situation through my senator. Anyone who is stuck in the process or may become stuck and read this, i just want you to know don't lose hope, this is a small hurdle that we will get over. There is a reason behind this denial maybe to save us from a bigger catastrophe down the line concerning adjustment of status etc. Plan is to go to pakistan, get married, and apply for cr1. According to them, my fiance doesn't qualify for k1 visa category, i think we might be too married for them because our relationship although very halal still very out of norms of the Pakistani culture. And they just needed a reason since the current administration has established and upheld severe scrutiny laws. I am glad for this reason because Allah will make it easier for us the rest of the journey and i will pray and continue to pray for all of you my brothers and sisters that you are soon reunited with your loved ones and don't have to face what we faced. Dont let the broken US immigration system define and rule your life. Live your life and always always hope for the best. Because i still have hope and still very determined. 

Remember me in your prayers. ❤❤❤

That is amazing sister I'm so glad to hear such positive words from u remember  Hazrat Ali said An optimist will see opportunities in every difficulty and a pessimist will see difficulty in every opportunity.  I'm pretty sure CR1 will be a piece of cake for you guys get married soon meet each other n leave everything to Allah. May Allah give u happiness n a blissful married life.

Edited by Sagittarius

2 hours ago, Aries09 said:

Last year we had sent an email and got our passports back within a week. On return we returned our passports back. 

This time despite sending several emails there is no response from embassy 😩

That's weird where are you from? I mean no embassy in the world has a right to keep your passport when you need it. It's your property or your country's.

4 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

I salute your patience the longest I have been away from my hubby was 7 months and I ended up severely depressed this is an amazing decision go meet each other have fun :)

47 minutes ago, Aries09 said:

Islamabad embassy 🤬 

We have always sent request through the online portal but this time 😠😠😠😠😠

Somebody here told me they requested back through support-pakistan@ustraveldocs.com if I'm not wrong

I'm gonna request mine by next week Insha Allah as I'm not comfortable leaving it for that long

Edited by Sagittarius

On 5/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, Sagittarius said:

Dearest sister I know it's  a very very difficult time for you guys and nothing would make you feel better but don't give up get married and file CR1 k1 has a relatively low approval rate that way at least you'll be sure that sooner or later you'll end up getting the visa for your partner.

i am on ir1 it is the same shitty process.

13 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

First thank you so much to everyone here. You are all ma sha allah amazing and supportive people. Thank you for your duas and kind words. They are definitely not wasted. 

My fiance and I were really upstet but we are calm and our hearts are at peace. I verified our situation through my senator. Anyone who is stuck in the process or may become stuck and read this, i just want you to know don't lose hope, this is a small hurdle that we will get over. There is a reason behind this denial maybe to save us from a bigger catastrophe down the line concerning adjustment of status etc. Plan is to go to pakistan, get married, and apply for cr1. According to them, my fiance doesn't qualify for k1 visa category, i think we might be too married for them because our relationship although very halal still very out of norms of the Pakistani culture. And they just needed a reason since the current administration has established and upheld severe scrutiny laws. I am glad for this reason because Allah will make it easier for us the rest of the journey and i will pray and continue to pray for all of you my brothers and sisters that you are soon reunited with your loved ones and don't have to face what we faced. Dont let the broken US immigration system define and rule your life. Live your life and always always hope for the best. Because i still have hope and still very determined. 

Remember me in your prayers. ❤❤❤

i am married for 5 years. it is the same process. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.