TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Just now, fakeeh said:

no we got married 2013 years ago then on 2017 we filed. i did my interview last may/2018 till now it is at administrative processing. 

Oh then I understand don't worry hang in there u r almost there like I said for genuine filers with clean records can be tough n long but Insha Allah will get it with k1 u never know so safe to file CR1 in my opinion btw u r lucky in terms of getting a PR right away rather than going for removal of conditions look at the brighter side Allah is merciful :)

32 minutes ago, Aries09 said:

On return I asked them if we have to return our passports the reply was: Return your passports through our approved courier I took the email print and PPs were returned back to embassy 

Oh as per my understanding passports are requested by the embassy once they are ready to issue the visa I may be wrong hope u get ur pps soon Insha Allah 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have a question for everyone that is in Administrative processing. Is it a bad sign if the CO does not take the passport at the end of the interview but gives you a 221g form to fill out a DS 5535 form? This is for a k-1 visa btw... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rose2019 said:

I have a question for everyone that is in Administrative processing. Is it a bad sign if the CO does not take the passport at the end of the interview but gives you a 221g form to fill out a DS 5535 form? This is for a k-1 visa btw... 

It really depends on the embassy.  Some embassies do not keep the passport during long AP but will request when needed.  If you interviewed in Islamabad however it would be a bad sign if they didn't keep it.    Germany I'm not sure.  I would read others stories (who have interviewed in the same embassy and have also been put in AP) to see if keeping the passport is a trend there.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its really complicated to determine if its a bad sign or good .most of the time CO will keep.the passport if they know maybe AP will last no more than 6 months before medical exam expires .but also sometimes they might keep passport to make sure u will not travel somewhere else during AP .for many cases in different locations CO kept passport and then the AP took more than a year and still waiting .

13 hours ago, Rose2019 said:

Stay positive but with K1 I don't see many approvals passport kept or not doesn't matter at all K1 itself is a very unpredictable category as well at times some embassies keep passport and reject the visa at times they ask for the passport later when they want to issue the visa one can certainly travel if they want I don't think there's an issue with that but I'd recommend anyone filing to better get married n file CR1

Just now, paki-guy said:

Respectfully disagreed. Too many K-1 visas issued all around the world. Its all depend upon the country, where an interview took place. For example getting K-1 visa in Philippine is a piece of cake while getting K-1 in Pakistan is like getting a ball from loin's mouth. Lol

Correct I'm a Pakistani n generally I have never heard anyone applying or getting a K1 here some ppl might have but not around me. BTW I'm still waiting to see if ur prediction regarding my case materializes 😛

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.