TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/18/2020 at 4:25 AM, 2019 said:

I guess it maybe just a security measure and you’ll be issued a visa as soon as possible 

They called me today and said I will be getting my passport back in mail. And will request to back via mail. I don’t get this why i am getting my passport back next week 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

They called me today and said I will be getting my passport back in mail. And will request to back via mail. I don’t get this why i am getting my passport back next week 

I don’t get that either. From what I have read the embassy always keeps the passport with them, even with people undergoing prolonged AP.

17 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

I hope you get the passport back with the visa in it!

Timeline
On 5/16/2019 at 11:08 AM, AKKHAN said:

@paki-guy 

Beneficiary's interview was on Feb 12, 2018. DS5535 was requested the same day. DS-5535 was sent to Islamabad embassy on Feb 13, 2018. 
Contacted senator and sent inquiries to Islamabad embassy but always get the same generic reply. 

Let me know what info you need before you can tell when beneficiary will get visa? I have tried to message you but I am receiving the following error: Paki-guy cannot receive message. 
Please message me so that I can send you the details in the message. 

Hello what’s your case status now?

Timeline
On 2/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, Ali6826 said:

Hi,

I have been in AP since Sep-2018.

Category: Cr1

Anyone else in similar situation waiting for 18 months ? Just trying to see  how long it will take. 

Any update?

Hello everyone. 

How many days in general it take to get passport & visa  back from embassy after resubmitting it for pending 221g ?

Here is my timeline

I have submitted at Mumbai VAC

Visa - IR1 immigration (petitioner USC)

IN AP - 01-02-2018 (30 months)

01-05-2020 Had filled a mandamus and court released orders and gave 2 months for the embassy to reply.

01-07-2020  After 2 months got a reply from embassy that they are ready to go ahead with pending IR1 visa and asked to Dropbox  passport along with medical and pcc police Certificate.

21-09-2020 Submitted passport, photographs, pcc, medical at VAC mumbai.

Timeline
8 hours ago, SKazi said:

Hello everyone. 

How many days in general it take to get passport & visa  back from embassy after resubmitting it for pending 221g ?

Here is my timeline

I have submitted at Mumbai VAC

Visa - IR1 immigration (petitioner USC)

IN AP - 01-02-2018 (30 months)

01-05-2020 Had filled a mandamus and court released orders and gave 2 months for the embassy to reply.

01-07-2020  After 2 months got a reply from embassy that they are ready to go ahead with pending IR1 visa and asked to Dropbox  passport along with medical and pcc police Certificate.

21-09-2020 Submitted passport, photographs, pcc, medical at VAC mumbai.

basically you are getting visa because of WOM? 

how did that process go? Why were you In AP?

3 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

basically you are getting visa because of WOM? 

how did that process go? Why were you In AP?

Yes I was in AP for 30 months . Name check and just one family visit to oman. Spouse and 2 kids are USC. Finally filled mandamus at federal court. Court gave 2 months to Consulate for reply. Then I got a letter from Consulate that AP is over and to go further with pending IR1 visa asked me to submit  passport , new ppc, medical  at vac dropbox. 

Submitted it and now waiting for passport with visa inshallah. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone, CR1 visa - I am the petitioner and U.S citizen. Its been 2 months since we sent DS5535 and no update at all. What are the reasons that they request this form? I know name check, travel history are some of them. My husband from Tunisia and only had 2 short trips. How long will this wait take? any ideas?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Visajourneyguy said:

Just file for writ of mandamus, not worth just waiting for ds5535. I did the same that only then was able to move to the next steps.

how long did you wait before filing wom ? I was reading posts about it and they say below 1 year is not good to file

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.