MaydayDas

Visa approved-Frankfurt

38 posts in this topic

Congratulation my friend!!!! I knew you'd ace that interview!!!!

L.

Thank you my friend, you're interview is coming soon, you'll see, and what a joy in your family :thumbs:

:dance::dance: Congratulations! :dance::dance:

thank you, may the joy and happiness be in your family too :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I am a German citizen marrying an American. We are getting married here in August and already prepare for our move to the States.

Therefore, I was wondering if one of you - who already have experience with DCF - could help me with some questions.

We know that we are eligible for the DCF and are going to file it early August. Here are my questions:

1. While the filing is in process, do you know if I could fly to the states and enter as a tourist for 90 days or will I be denied entry because I filed for DCF (I know that on a K-3 I could travel to the States while the Visa is being processed)?

2. Does my husband (American) have to attend the interview in Frankfurt or can I go by myself (or bring some other support)?

3. I saw that for some Visas the USCIS requires vaccinations ... are there any vaccinations required for the DCF (if so, I would like to get started on that as some vaccinations take several shots and need waiting time in between)?

Thank you for your help!

Crossing my fingers for everybody in the process! :no:

* met at University in WA 2003

* visits back and forth

* he moved to Germany with me Jan 2006

* got married Aug, 3, 2007

* filed for DCF on Aug, 6th

*Aug, 30, medical exam in Dortmund ... everything went well :-)

* Sept. 7th: letter in the mail: INTERVIEWDATE for SEPTEMBER 20th!!! That was wicked fast! :-))

* Sept. 14th: bureaucracy sucks!! Interview appointment cancelled by the consulate due to internal delays!! :-(( New appointment in approximately 4 - 6 weeks. :-((

* Happiness again: new interview appointment letter received; date: OCT 5th!!

* Oct. 5th: Interview appointment SUCCESSFUL!!! :-))

* Interview went super ... received I-551 about 5 days later

* Flew to US Nov 10th

* Jan, 12: Welcome Letter in the Mail :-)

* Jan 17: Permanent Resident Card in the Mail!!! And two more welcome letters! ;-)

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Hello,

I am a German citizen marrying an American. We are getting married here in August and already prepare for our move to the States.

Therefore, I was wondering if one of you - who already have experience with DCF - could help me with some questions.

We know that we are eligible for the DCF and are going to file it early August. Here are my questions:

1. While the filing is in process, do you know if I could fly to the states and enter as a tourist for 90 days or will I be denied entry because I filed for DCF (I know that on a K-3 I could travel to the States while the Visa is being processed)?

2. Does my husband (American) have to attend the interview in Frankfurt or can I go by myself (or bring some other support)?

3. I saw that for some Visas the USCIS requires vaccinations ... are there any vaccinations required for the DCF (if so, I would like to get started on that as some vaccinations take several shots and need waiting time in between)?

Thank you for your help!

1) To be honest, I wouldn't risk it. I know people do it all the time, but we just knew we didn't want to be out 700-1300 bucks if he got turned away. It is not a long time to wait through Frankfurt. Our time was 3.5 months to interview. Could have been shorter (husband kept screwing up), but life, eh?

2) Nope, he doesn't have attend with you.

3) Yep. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are off hand. I am sure the embassy website has a list somewhere.

Come join us over on this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65675

Edited by Wacken

Hello to you,

1. You can travel as long as you can proof that you will return to your country: a job etc ....

2. No need for your husband to be at the interview with you

3. Vaccinations required: TB, MMR and Varicella. If you have your shots record you will be fine, if not, you can go and take your shots all in the same day, like I did.

Good luck to you and, like Wacken said, join us on that thread.

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

DCF Frankfurt Germany

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

Living in Maryland

Thanks for the help!!! I'll keep you posted! :-)) Now we have to wait till August after the wedding ... I wish we could already file now!

:yes:

* met at University in WA 2003

* visits back and forth

* he moved to Germany with me Jan 2006

* got married Aug, 3, 2007

* filed for DCF on Aug, 6th

*Aug, 30, medical exam in Dortmund ... everything went well :-)

* Sept. 7th: letter in the mail: INTERVIEWDATE for SEPTEMBER 20th!!! That was wicked fast! :-))

* Sept. 14th: bureaucracy sucks!! Interview appointment cancelled by the consulate due to internal delays!! :-(( New appointment in approximately 4 - 6 weeks. :-((

* Happiness again: new interview appointment letter received; date: OCT 5th!!

* Oct. 5th: Interview appointment SUCCESSFUL!!! :-))

* Interview went super ... received I-551 about 5 days later

* Flew to US Nov 10th

* Jan, 12: Welcome Letter in the Mail :-)

* Jan 17: Permanent Resident Card in the Mail!!! And two more welcome letters! ;-)

Thanks for the help!!! I'll keep you posted! :-)) Now we have to wait till August after the wedding ... I wish we could already file now!

:yes:

I wish you good luck with planning the wedding and we are waiting for news from you :thumbs:

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

congratulations MayDay :)

I am happy for you

N-400 timeline (under sec. 319 b from overseas)

9/13/2010 - N-400 packet sent to Vermont

9/21/2010 - NOA

3/11/2011-after emailing Faifax Office: biometrics scheduled for 1 Apr, 2011 and interview date 6 Apr 2011

4/6/2011 - interview and oath ceremony

congratulations MayDay :)

I am happy for you

Thank you Agnes, good luck with your process, let us know what is new....

I see the baby is growing fast what a joy must be to know that very soon you'll keep your baby in to your arms. :)

You are welcome anytime on http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...75&start=75 :thumbs:

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.