Usaph

I-134 form - question regarding income and assets

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If I am above the poverty line requirement, can I just fill in annual income on I-134 and leave #4 through #9 blank (balance of checking, stocks, real estate)? I read that elsewhere on this site, but not in the Canada thread where my fiancee is located. I could furnish those but don't want to if it's unnecessary.

And then I just supply my 2018 federal tax return, and a few months of pay stubs?

If this is answered elsewhere, kindly point me to it. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Usaph said:

If I am above the poverty line requirement, can I just fill in annual income on I-134 and leave #4 through #9 blank (balance of checking, stocks, real estate)?

Yes

16 minutes ago, Usaph said:

And then I just supply my 2018 federal tax return, and a few months of pay stubs?

Yes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, better to use the tax transcripts than the actual tax forms. I didn't even send w-2's because I sent transcripts, they seem to like transcripts.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Yes, better to use the tax transcripts than the actual tax forms. I didn't even send w-2's because I sent transcripts, they seem to like transcripts.

Interesting. I never heard of transcripts. This? https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Timeline
14 hours ago, treppenwitz said:

Yes. Select "Tax Return Transcript."

Thanks! You knew what my next question would be.

14 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

Yep u can order them from the IRS and they'll have it to you in about a week or so.

Understood. I'm surprised how easy it was, and free.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, NikLR said:

No w2 are needed with tax return transcripts

So just tax return transcript? And no copies of my recent paystubs, or is that good to have to show I'm still employed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Usaph said:

So just tax return transcript? And no copies of my recent paystubs, or is that good to have to show I'm still employed?

I did send a few paystubs for good measure. They were really current, from the few weeks before the interview, I just included them with the I-134. I tried to keep it fairly thin.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

1 hour ago, Usaph said:

Pay stubs are good to include for ongoing income.  But really you need them for the I-864

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

I did send a few paystubs for good measure. They were really current, from the few weeks before the interview, I just included them with the I-134. I tried to keep it fairly thin.

I'll do the same

1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Pay stubs are good to include for ongoing income.  But really you need them for the I-864

Gotcha. I'll include a few, it's simple enough to include.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

For the Canadian P3 from here

• Signed Affidavit of Support (I-134) with all supporting financial documents.
  • Evidence of petitioner’s domicile in the United States.

What else do I need for evidence of domicile in the US? My tax transcript will have my address. Do I need anything else?

And we can send this to the email address listed as soon as we see Ready in CEAC?

Side question: If she is from Philippines but living/working in Canada (no PR), what should we have listed as our country on our profile here?

Edited by Usaph

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.