2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, tildephoebic said:

Same here. My bio was just for I-485. The status changed Sept 25 stating they reused my I-485 fingerprints for EAD.

Thanks!!! There is hope 😭

Congrats again!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, paulmit said:

Thanks!!! There is hope 😭

Congrats again!!!!!!

You’re welcome. I know right! I gave up on USCIS a long time ago especially when I was following up on my long lost biometric appointment. For sure, yours is gonna be next. Just wait and check your status. 😊

Hello everyone, has anyone had to bring an interpreter to their interview and if so how did it go? My husbands English is so so and my Spanish is sub par and I dont feel too comfortable interpreting the language in his tongue. Can we ask them for an interpreter in advance?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, etapia said:

Hello everyone, has anyone had to bring an interpreter to their interview and if so how did it go? My husbands English is so so and my Spanish is sub par and I dont feel too comfortable interpreting the language in his tongue. Can we ask them for an interpreter in advance?

You need to provide 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, tildephoebic said:

Same here. My bio was just for I-485. The status changed Sept 25 stating they reused my I-485 fingerprints for EAD.

My status never changed.  I just received a letter. Did you guys received a letter as well?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaehanMingukManse said:

My status never changed.  I just received a letter. Did you guys received a letter as well?

My status changed then 2 days after I received the letter in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, DaehanMingukManse said:

Same here. Got a letter and then status changed on I-485

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" over the weekend!  Are there any Boston filers in this group?  Any idea what my wait will look like from here?  PD is May 13.

Hello! Does the new health care policy for immigrants affect the people who are waiting for their green card? I dont have health insurance and getting on my wife's health insurance would be super expensive... I was waiting to get a job and get my own health insurance. Anyone know anything about this? https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/04/us/immigrant-visas-health-care.html

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, vivfran said:

Hello! Does the new health care policy for immigrants affect the people who are waiting for their green card? I dont have health insurance and getting on my wife's health insurance would be super expensive... I was waiting to get a job and get my own health insurance. Anyone know anything about this? https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/04/us/immigrant-visas-health-care.html

from my understanding it applies to people who file after Nov. 3rd

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

15 hours ago, Valmabe said:

Hello guys,

Just wondered, if anyone asigned to Philadelphia field office got an interview date yet? Bios done, status change to ready for..... since august. May filer here. Thanks.

I'm here from King of prussia,  i received an email saying interview was scheduled but waiting for the notice in Mail.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, vivfran said:

I am looking to know the same.

So my case has changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview" as well, finally. Then I went and checked the processing times on USCIS's website.

It's gotten longer. By about 2 years. Now it's saying time span between 11.5 and 40 months!!! Currently processing cases dated June 25th 2016!! Last I checked, that was a 23 month wait and they were processing cases dated September 2017. I don't understand how they've managed to go backwards in time!

Edited by dannosaur

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, Valmabe said:

Hello guys,

Just wondered, if anyone asigned to Philadelphia field office got an interview date yet? Bios done, status change to ready for..... since august. May filer here. Thanks.

Actually, yes! We got notice that our interview has been scheduled. We should have the date in the mailbox when we get home today. We filed at the beginning of May and are in the Philadelphia region. Our status changed stating it was ready to schedule an interview on July 11. So hopefully not too much longer for you. Honestly, it was a lot sooner than I expected since Philly's timeline shows it would be around 11 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.