2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Congratulations to everybody.

I understand evey case is different, but is strange to me the big difference in time processing. I'm also a may filler, I finished my process, card in hand, mid november last year. We had a rfe, but apart from that what else do you think can delay the process? 

Yeah we had an RFE in September concerning my affidavit of support form I-684 and just now got around to getting her EAD/AP card. You haven't gotten a interview date yet? That's very strange because as soon as you got your EAD/AP card you should have gotten a letter giving you a interview date by now. What was the RFE for and did you already rectify the issue with USCIS?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

Yeah we had an RFE in September concerning my affidavit of support form I-684 and just now got around to getting her EAD/AP card. You haven't gotten a interview date yet? That's very strange because as soon as you got your EAD/AP card you should have gotten a letter giving you a interview date by now. What was the RFE for and did you already rectify the issue with USCIS?

What I meant is, that even with rfe, for the affidávit too, we finished the process in mid november, meaning I already have my GC.  

®️

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

What I meant is, that even with rfe, for the affidávit too, we finished the process in mid november, meaning I already have my GC.  

Oh okay gotcha, well from my understanding the Trump administration has asked USCIS to take on asylum cases and so that has taken a lot of time to do those and so between all the applications visa's and AOS cases  the asylum cases have been a priority.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

No correlation between EAD/AP card and an interview as it is processed in two different places with differing workloads.  Many local offices are way backed up for interviews 

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

No correlation between EAD/AP card and an interview as it is processed in two different places with differing workloads.  Many local offices are way backed up for interviews 

Well either way it's still a pretty frustrating process. I think 8 to 9 months is the time of completion as it took me almost 8 months to get my fiancee here from the Philippines. Thanks for the correction!! 

Timeline

What were others that already went to their interview for AOS asked for out of curiosity?

Also can you bring cell phones in?

Edited by clw654321

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
15 hours ago, clw654321 said:

Has others completed form I-693 for medical?? If so help me learn... Idk how we missed not doing this already 

For some strange reason, I had to redo my medical (it was still in date). Once you schedule your appointment, you fill out the personal info on the I-693 at the doctors office and the physician takes over and completes the rest 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

For some strange reason, I had to redo my medical (it was still in date). Once you schedule your appointment, you fill out the personal info on the I-693 at the doctors office and the physician takes over and completes the rest 

I found out on another thread that as long as you do everything on time and have your medical certificate from overseas (DS-3025) then you do not have to do it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I finally received the interview letter for AOS. Has anyone here had their schedule also at 7:00 AM? Did it start on time? How long did it last? Also, do we need to submit NEW medical examination results? I am really confused. Thanks for the help. Thank you! 

AOS application date: May 19, 2019

Field Office: Houston TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My family had their interview yesterday (adjusted from K1/K2). It was a pretty smooth one, probably because she is heavily pregnant and I’m deployed in Iraq. Status changed to “initial review” as soon as they left the IO’s office. It just got updated few minutes ago to “card in production”. Thank you everyone and I hope you get your approval if you haven’t already. 

Edited by ashmed246

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 1/21/2020 at 9:55 AM, clw654321 said:

I found out on another thread that as long as you do everything on time and have your medical certificate from overseas (DS-3025) then you do not have to do it.

That’s supposed to be the process, but we got the short end of the stick. Had the medical overseas in March, submitted the DS3025 in May with the AOS and still had to redo it. Our guess is that it was lost. When I redid the medical, the physicians office said that they were seeing it a lot in the last few months-the Nashville office were getting people to redo medicals even though they were in date. We were just unfortunate.
Everything crossed that’s it’s smooth sailing for you guys. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Just got my interview scheduled today!  We got our EAD/AO approved last week as well as moved to be ready to be scheduled (took forever). We accidentally didnt file the AO until end of Dec (lawyer error) and it got approved with the EAD (making it just 3 weeks processing time..).  We were getting frustrated due to everything taking a long time and had our congressperson submit congressional inquiry. Within a week of her office talking to immigration the  EAD/AO was approved and case ready to be scheduled for interview. Who knows if was related but seems very possible and I recommend any May filers who are late like us to try that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Edited not AO but AP (advance parole)

29 minutes ago, newwest said:

Just got my interview scheduled today!  We got our EAD/AO approved last week as well as moved to be ready to be scheduled (took forever). We accidentally didnt file the AO until end of Dec (lawyer error) and it got approved with the EAD (making it just 3 weeks processing time..).  We were getting frustrated due to everything taking a long time and had our congressperson submit congressional inquiry. Within a week of her office talking to immigration the  EAD/AO was approved and case ready to be scheduled for interview. Who knows if was related but seems very possible and I recommend any May filers who are late like us to try that.

Timeline
5 hours ago, newwest said:

Congrats for getting your interview scheduled. When is it? Ours is coming up February 18th so we are just about ready for our interview. You should be getting a letter from USCIS letting you know that your EAD/AP card was mailed and they will provide you a tracking number also. Your almost there to the finished line so hope all goes well for you at your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.