dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2019

1,651 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Schalcon said:

Well clearly NVC is still scheduling interviews, cause we just received ours!

CC 04/22
Interview 06/04
CR1
Vilnius, Lithuania

Super excited!!!

Congrats!! I have same CC date with you but still waiting. Hope they will still schedule in this week. 

IR-1@Nebraska

04/06/2018    MAILED I-130

04/09/2018    RECEIVED I-130

04/09/2018    NOA1

04/24/2018    RECEIVED NOA1 IN MAIL

01/02/2019    RECEIVED RFE EMAIL NOTICE (268 Days)

02/08/2019    MAILED RFE DOCUMENTS

02/13/2019    RFE DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY USCIS

02/22/2019    NOA2 (319 Days)

02/28/2019    RECEIVED NOA2 IN MAIL

02/28/2019    CASE RECEIVED BY NVC

04/01/2019    RECEIVED CASE AND INVOICE # IN EMAIL FROM NVC (357 Days)

04/01/2019    PAID AOS FEE

04/01/2019    PAID IV FEE

04/04/2019    COMPLETED DS-260

04/08/2019    SUBMITTED CIVIL DOCUMENTS

04/15/2019    SUBMITTED AOS DOCUMENTS

04/22/2019    CASE COMPLETED!! (378 Days)

05/05/2019    RECEIVED NVC WELCOME LETTER IN MAIL

05/21/2019    RECEIVED INTERVIEW DATE IN EMAIL AND CEAC STATUS CHANGED TO "IN TRANSIT"

05/24/2019    CASE RECEIVED BY CONSULATE AND CEAC STATUS CHANGED TO "READY"

06/21/2019    INTERVIEW DATE - AP (438 Days)

06/28/2019    ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY CONSULATE

06/28/2019    VISA APPROVED!! (445 Days)

07/03/2019    RECEIVED PASSPORT WITH VISA

08/17/2019    LANDED US!!

Well I finally have my answer as to why we hadn't received and interview date and the rest of the family had. 

Basically, back at the end of March we were asked to provide a Joint Sponsor, more Proof of Domicile and Proof of Employment. We were in the process of gathering and uploading all of these documents when all our documents got approved (on 20 April). I was confused as to what this meant, so I called up NVC and spoke to them and confirmed that this meant we did NOT need to upload anything further, and that all we needed to do was sit back and wait for an interview to be scheduled. I confirmed this multiple times with them on the phone. So we were waiting, trying to be patient when two other family members got their interviews scheduled, my Father in Law only a week after getting CC. I had emailed them after this and was querying why our interview date hadn't been scheduled yet, after waiting a month (yet to receive a response to that email too).

Now, overnight we got a status update email. They asked for Proof of Employment again. I know there have been glitches with other cases so I called them again (over an hour on hold). Asked whether it was a glitch and whether we would still be on track for an interview. She said Oh no, we are waiting for the extra documents we asked for, including proof of employment and a joint sponsor (i had uploaded the proof of domicile already). I asked her then why I was told that all my documents had been accepted and I would be getting the interview scheduled. She said Oh I have no idea, but said thats the wrong information. 

So yep, we've been waiting over a month and a half for something that was never going to happen, because we were told the wrong information and we should have been told to still upload the documents. So now we are delayed by another month - she said it will take at least 3 weeks to review the documents and then who knows how long to schedule the interview. When our family is more than a month ahead in the process than us. Very upset and frustrated at NVC right now, it means that we won't be able to leave with our family.

PS sorry its so long, you kinda need the back story to understand it all...

Questions:

1. Will we receive the instruction and interview letter via email or regular mail?

2. How can I know when my case leaves NVC?

3. How can I know when the consulate receives my case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Questions:

1. Will we receive the instruction and interview letter via email or regular mail?

2. How can I know when my case leaves NVC?

3. How can I know when the consulate receives my case?

All correspondence is by email and your inbox on ceac site 

For those that got their interview approved, what happens after that? I couldn't find too much information about that. 

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
57 minutes ago, IKD said:

Hiii

Anyone from Mumbai embassy 

Got any email when your case left from NVC

or 

Directly got interview date email ?????

Thank you in advance 

You will get an interview email directly. You can then check your case status on ceae website. Initially it will show status as "in transit" untill it reaches Mumbai embassy. 

13 minutes ago, apanch said:

You will get an interview email directly. You can then check your case status on ceae website. Initially it will show status as "in transit" untill it reaches Mumbai embassy. 

Ohhh

Thank you

currently it shows at NVC 

So I have to wait 

😧

Edited by IKD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife is at the embassy (Islamabad, Pakistan) for her interview and the status just turned "Administrative Processing" on CEAC. I'm sooooooo nervous, she hasn't called me yet. Appointment was 7:30 and it's 10:30 right now. 😬😬

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, zeeshan916 said:

My wife is at the embassy (Islamabad, Pakistan) for her interview and the status just turned "Administrative Processing" on CEAC. I'm sooooooo nervous, she hasn't called me yet. Appointment was 7:30 and it's 10:30 right now. 😬😬

So the CO didn't ask too many questions and smiled and said thank you and kept the passport. I don't know why my wife didn't ask if it was an approval 😑😫. I think we're fine since they kept the passport but I'm still so nervous.

Her passport sized pics were slightly blurry so she's getting new ones and dropping them off right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.