dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2019

1,651 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys just wanted to know if any F2A applicant having PD after 8th of Jan, Feb, March 2017 has received the interview letter from MUMBAI consulate in India. I think some citizens did get, but I specially wanted to know only if any spouses of legal permanent residents got their IL. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Rasha167 said:

Had the interview today and get approved. 🎊🎉🎉

Questions were asked: 

-what state are you going to? 

-what does your husband works? 

-how much he makes? 

-if i ever traveled before

-if we have children

-how i know to speak english

-what major i study in uni 

-if iam planning to study there 

-asked for 2018 tax returns 

-asked to show pictures 

and then she said that your visa in approved and i can collect it from aramex within a week

good luck for everyone waiting hope this process end soon 

Yay!!!! Congrats to you too!

12 hours ago, catmonkey said:

My financial sponsor lost (he probably threw it away in the trash) the physical i864 that he signed for me in February. 

Is this going to be a problem?  Do they (the embassy at my spouse's visa interview) want to see original of this at the interview? 

On travel.state.gov it says that (see attached photo) a scanned copy will suffice, and i have the scanned version on my computer so that sounds great.

But, in the interview letter we received last week, it said:

"Important Information:

You submitted forms and supporting documents to the NVC in electronic form. You must present the original forms and documents for review by the consular officer during your interview.

Please promptly read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: https://nvc.state.gov/interview."

So uhh, which one is it?   Will a scanned copy be good or am i screwed?

screen-shot-for-visa-journey,-showing-where-it-says-that-orignal-affidavit-of-support-isnt-needed.jpg

Hi! 

In my case, The interview was at Santo Domingo and they only asked  me for my original birth certificate and passport, didn’t  ask for any other documents. They also keep My original birth certificate  😪 I wanted it back 😂 because  it was really hard for me to get it!! But a friend of mine was only  just asked for her original marriage certificate. SO, that varies a lot... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, nicedamsel said:

Called this people today to ask about if they have schedule me for an interview. Spoke with a rude person that told me is batch by batch, I was like which batch has gotten their interview date yet? Non. Mtcheeew. I was like is not me you're talking to.  Some of these nvc staff's are very rude. Let hope today now

Likewise 

smh I hope so as well 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

Just received our case complete from NVC! now at the interview stage waiting for Mumbai embassy. Any idea how long the wait to be notified of a interview date?

Usually about a month from CC. They generally send out interview letters from 10th to 19th. Off course they give out dates at other times as well but it's during this particular time of the month we get interview floods. 

1 hour ago, ShreebhagyaK9 said:

Usually about a month from CC. They generally send out interview letters from 10th to 19th. Off course they give out dates at other times as well but it's during this particular time of the month we get interview floods. 

So since its the 14th. You think its a possibility that we may get a letter with a interview date?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

So since its the 14th. You think its a possibility that we may get a letter with a interview date?

If you are lucky you can. But I don't think you will get it so soon. Since you got CC today, you might get your interview letter in June for an interview in August. This is only a guess from what I have seen here so far. 

Edited by ShreebhagyaK9

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

If my case is complete. When do i go for a medical, my case is going to the Mumbai consulate. Can anyone clarify the next steps? 

You have to wait to get the interview letter. Once you recieve that you can book your medical and biometrics in any city where they have a panel hospital and biometrics office. It's not necessary to get them done in Mumbai. 

Edited by ShreebhagyaK9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, flowing said:

You finally got your CC, congrats!!

They usually start scheduling interview from about 10th to 18th each month from what I observed for the past few months. So you may still have chance to catch this batch of scheduling. I’m still waiting my date and I have been waiting for 3 weeks. It is really like forever 😞

Thank you! I was about to start getting worried if I didn’t 😅 

Looking on the bright side, at least this wait will never be as long as the original i130 wait!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.