dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2019

1,651 posts in this topic

Timeline

My financial sponsor lost (he probably threw it away in the trash) the physical i864 that he signed for me in February. 

Is this going to be a problem?  Do they (the embassy at my spouse's visa interview) want to see original of this at the interview? 

On travel.state.gov it says that (see attached photo) a scanned copy will suffice, and i have the scanned version on my computer so that sounds great.

But, in the interview letter we received last week, it said:

"Important Information:

You submitted forms and supporting documents to the NVC in electronic form. You must present the original forms and documents for review by the consular officer during your interview.

Please promptly read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: https://nvc.state.gov/interview."

So uhh, which one is it?   Will a scanned copy be good or am i screwed?

screen-shot-for-visa-journey,-showing-where-it-says-that-orignal-affidavit-of-support-isnt-needed.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Today was the day the ceac said "Ready".

We are supposed to make the interview appointment and I called to verify that we could go onto embassy site and pick a date for the interview.

Well, we can only arrange to get together due to circumstances in the middle of June. My wife has the medical on June 17th and we want to get the interview on June 20th.

The embassy interview site only has open days from May 17 - May 27.

When I spoke with the embassy, the operator said to check back to the site and dates will open up? 

So, I have this question that maybe somebody can answer. When do the dates open up? (US Consulate/ Kyiv, Ukraine)

Thanks to anyone who has an idea or answer. 

14 hours ago, S&L 💕 said:

Feels like this wait bout to be forever! Is it normally about a month after CC for them to send out a letter scheduling your interview?

You finally got your CC, congrats!!

They usually start scheduling interview from about 10th to 18th each month from what I observed for the past few months. So you may still have chance to catch this batch of scheduling. I’m still waiting my date and I have been waiting for 3 weeks. It is really like forever 😞

IR-1@Nebraska

04/06/2018    MAILED I-130

04/09/2018    RECEIVED I-130

04/09/2018    NOA1

04/24/2018    RECEIVED NOA1 IN MAIL

01/02/2019    RECEIVED RFE EMAIL NOTICE (268 Days)

02/08/2019    MAILED RFE DOCUMENTS

02/13/2019    RFE DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY USCIS

02/22/2019    NOA2 (319 Days)

02/28/2019    RECEIVED NOA2 IN MAIL

02/28/2019    CASE RECEIVED BY NVC

04/01/2019    RECEIVED CASE AND INVOICE # IN EMAIL FROM NVC (357 Days)

04/01/2019    PAID AOS FEE

04/01/2019    PAID IV FEE

04/04/2019    COMPLETED DS-260

04/08/2019    SUBMITTED CIVIL DOCUMENTS

04/15/2019    SUBMITTED AOS DOCUMENTS

04/22/2019    CASE COMPLETED!! (378 Days)

05/05/2019    RECEIVED NVC WELCOME LETTER IN MAIL

05/21/2019    RECEIVED INTERVIEW DATE IN EMAIL AND CEAC STATUS CHANGED TO "IN TRANSIT"

05/24/2019    CASE RECEIVED BY CONSULATE AND CEAC STATUS CHANGED TO "READY"

06/21/2019    INTERVIEW DATE - AP (438 Days)

06/28/2019    ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY CONSULATE

06/28/2019    VISA APPROVED!! (445 Days)

07/03/2019    RECEIVED PASSPORT WITH VISA

08/17/2019    LANDED US!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 5/8/2019 at 1:46 PM, Ivie & Eguagie said:

how long does it take to get invoice number ? i already completed forms uploaded passport pic now waiting to pay fees but cant without invoice number 

status says ready to schedule interview not sure what to do now

ou will also need your NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number (located on the NVC Welcome Letter you received from us). Once you obtain this information, log into the Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center and pay your fees. Please note you cannot pay these two fees simultaneously; the online system will ask you to pay them one at a time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, CalaWaheb said:

how long does it take to get invoice number ? i already completed forms uploaded passport pic now waiting to pay fees but cant without invoice number 

status says ready to schedule interview not sure what to do now

ou will also need your NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number (located on the NVC Welcome Letter you received from us). Once you obtain this information, log into the Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center and pay your fees. Please note you cannot pay these two fees simultaneously; the online system will ask you to pay them one at a time.

What's your question exactly? 

Invoice ID and case number are sent together in the same email. 

2 hours ago, CalaWaheb said:

This is what I get in my email i don’t see imvoce number unless I am blind 

or should I be expecting another email? 

5640B01A-A985-4D00-B9CF-345428BE07E7.jpeg

I think K-1s don't get invoice number. You are in the wrong forum, the K-1 forum can give you better answer on this.

NOA1: Feb 13 2018

NOA2: Feb 15 2019

NVC Case Number assigned: Apr 3 2019

NVC IV Fees paid: Apr 5 2019

DS-260 filled: Apr 10 2019

IV Docs submitted: Apr 12 2019

IV Docs resubmitted: May 1 2019

Case complete: may 3 2019

Expedite requested: May 15 2019

Expedite approved: May 23 2019

Case sent to Consulate: May 24 2018

Case status Ready: May 28 2019

Interview date: June 20 2019

Interview status: Approved

9 hours ago, KJ2 said:

Questions asked today for anyone wondering:

Do you have a police record?
-Have you been to the USA or any other country?
-How did you meet?
-How many times I visited.
-When we decided to get engaged.
-How was our wedding or ceremony.
-How do each of us get along with the other’s family.
-If we wanted kids.
-What we like about each other.

Embassy: San José, CR

Congratulations 🎉 so happy to hear good news and that everything went well with you 

Any idea how long would it take for completing immigration in Abu Dhabi airport for the first time green card Traveller?

Flight (Etihad) lands at 7:40am in Abu Dhabi and the next flight from Abu Dhabi to Chicago is at 10:10am.

Is this time sufficient for my spouse to complete the immigration?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by balaharini

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rasha167 said:

Had the interview today and get approved. 🎊🎉🎉

Questions were asked: 

-what state are you going to? 

-what does your husband works? 

-how much he makes? 

-if i ever traveled before

-if we have children

-how i know to speak english

-what major i study in uni 

-if iam planning to study there 

-asked for 2018 tax returns 

-asked to show pictures 

and then she said that your visa in approved and i can collect it from aramex within a week

good luck for everyone waiting hope this process end soon 

congrats

Called this people today to ask about if they have schedule me for an interview. Spoke with a rude person that told me is batch by batch, I was like which batch has gotten their interview date yet? Non. Mtcheeew. I was like is not me you're talking to.  Some of these nvc staff's are very rude. Let hope today now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.