Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, EYO2019 said:

How can I update my email for NVC?

You can find this information in the first post in this thread. Download the pdf file with detailed instructions, which will answer your question.

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

39 minutes ago, Moman327 said:

so maybe im just not following it but im trying to do the first part on the pdf but dont know what to put here  and do i just fill out two one for my email and one for my fiancee?

1. How do I update my email address with NVC Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy. Enter the petitioner's information as well as the beneficiary's in the "box". Full name, Date of Birth, NOA2 receipt number and WAC number. We have found in some cases that email's are never sent and in other cases this works well. So, your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

32 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

1. How do I update my email address with NVC Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy. Enter the petitioner's information as well as the beneficiary's in the "box". Full name, Date of Birth, NOA2 receipt number and WAC number. We have found in some cases that email's are never sent and in other cases this works well. So, your mileage may vary.

Thank you for this. I updated mine today and wrote the info in the box exactly as advised but added my fiance’s email too. I figure if it just reaches one of us, that’s sufficient. 

If anyone is having trouble with the date of birth formatting saying it is invalid, type it like this and it will work: 

01/January/2019 - just for example 🙂

Im going to give it a couple of weeks before calling! Best of luck to everyone on a mission to get theirs. As eager as I am to get things rolling, I find this process much less stressful by trying to relax and be patient. All good things come to those who wait 🌈💃🏽

2 hours ago, jeka1700 said:

Hello, Anyone know if I need fill out the DS-160 for my fiance and her child one for each person? I guess so! Thanks

I guess so! Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

When my fiance gets her visa i want to go and help her finish out some last things before she comes home and then come back home with her. I'm trying  to give boss a time frame so  that I can go within a couple weeks  of getting the visa. I just want to make sure I'm "guesstamating" right and i am not forgetting things so from what i am reading  there is 30 days till My case gets to the NVC then 2 weeks to process it and send it to Sofia  and until it reaches there roughly another 2-4. is it at that point that she can schedule the appointment for the interview and the medical or does the embassy review it as well. from what I read online that Sofia works really quick and on the state dept it says it takes only a few days for the interview so the harder thing I feel will be the medical appointment but she lives in sofia so it is not hard for her to get things done on her side and  I will guess 1- 2 weeks  to get scheduled for the  medical.So all in all I am thinking 2.5-3 months unless  am I missing any step in there or if things are moving faster. I know this will be a moving target  but just trying so i can go asap when it comes through. Thanks for your help. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Just got out of the phone with NVC they dont have our case yet :( . NOA 2 dated May 2nd. Bummer. 

Same noa2 date, same problem. They seem to be taking 2 weekish to arrive at the nvc from other cases I’ve tracked. 😕 so hopefully soon like Monday or Tuesday they will have it and it will get assigned a case number quickly with enough time to go out on the 28th to embassies. 🤞

34 minutes ago, Mezyan said:

Same noa2 date, same problem. They seem to be taking 2 weekish to arrive at the nvc from other cases I’ve tracked. 😕 so hopefully soon like Monday or Tuesday they will have it and it will get assigned a case number quickly with enough time to go out on the 28th to embassies. 🤞

I thought about that too. I really hope next week is going to be the week. Although I read some pople got theirs in 6 weeks. I hope it won't be our case. ☹️

22 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Gracias por esto. Actualicé el mío hoy y escribí la información en el recuadro exactamente como se lo aconsejé, pero también agregué el correo electrónico de mi prometido. Me imagino que si solo llega a uno de nosotros, eso es suficiente. 

Si alguien tiene problemas con el formato de fecha de nacimiento que dice que no es válido, escríbalo de esta manera y funcionará: 

01 / enero / 2019 - solo por ejemplo 🙂

Voy a darte un par de semanas antes de llamar! Mucha suerte a todos en una misión para conseguir la suya. Tan ansioso como estoy por poner las cosas en marcha, encuentro este proceso mucho menos estresante al tratar de relajarme y ser paciente. Todas las cosas buenas vienen a aquellos que esperan  🌈 💃🏽

I have put the date in different ways and it does not allow me

7 hours ago, Moman327 said:

When my fiance gets her visa i want to go and help her finish out some last things before she comes home and then come back home with her. I'm trying  to give boss a time frame so  that I can go within a couple weeks  of getting the visa. I just want to make sure I'm "guesstamating" right and i am not forgetting things so from what i am reading  there is 30 days till My case gets to the NVC then 2 weeks to process it and send it to Sofia  and until it reaches there roughly another 2-4. is it at that point that she can schedule the appointment for the interview and the medical or does the embassy review it as well. from what I read online that Sofia works really quick and on the state dept it says it takes only a few days for the interview so the harder thing I feel will be the medical appointment but she lives in sofia so it is not hard for her to get things done on her side and  I will guess 1- 2 weeks  to get scheduled for the  medical.So all in all I am thinking 2.5-3 months unless  am I missing any step in there or if things are moving faster. I know this will be a moving target  but just trying so i can go asap when it comes through. Thanks for your help. 

Things are moving faster but no one give even a guesstimate as to the interview is. If your employer what you think it will be and update him/her as you go along.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 4/29/2019 at 7:19 AM, Greenbaum said:

This thread was created for those who are waiting from their NOA2 K-1 to their case assignment from NVC.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post a PDF of them here for you to refer to when it's necessary.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

@A.Na.  start at the beginning of this thread and click on his link. It’ll take you to a PDF and everything is there but follow this thread and keep referring back to this. Message me any Q’s 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.