Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

doing the ds-160 tomorrow and paying visa fee.  how long are the appointment in manila backlogged for?  will it take 2 weeks for the appointment or 2 months?

Why not jump over to the Philippines subforum where you'll receive a more targeted response. I doubt ppl from Germany. Spain or Jamaica will have your answer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

11 hours ago, Daisyduartte said:

I filled It before getting my case number.

And your point is?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

And your point is?

If I have to start a New form. I Hear a lot in this fórum that we have to wait until we get the case number to start filing DS-160. I don't understand why. 

Thank you for answering my questions, @Greenbaum 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, _Layne said:

Anyone else excited for Tuesday/Wednesday? Lol

I am! Even though I only  have a slight chance to have my case to Embassy on tuesday!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Daisyduartte said:

I am! Even though I only  have a slight chance to have my case to Embassy on tuesday!

When was your case assigned? Mine was 6/4 and it didn't make the 6/11 shipping. So here's to hoping.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, _Layne said:

When was your case assigned? Mine was 6/4 and it didn't make the 6/11 shipping. So here's to hoping.

My case was assigned on June, 19th! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
3 hours ago, _Layne said:

Anyone else excited for Tuesday/Wednesday? Lol

I am!!!! 

I’m excited for Tuesday/Wednesday because the NVC received my case on Friday and I’m hoping that a case number will be assigned. 

Im praying that we can make the July 9 shipment and schedule an interview for 7/31/19.  God willing, Claudia will be in the U.S. before Labor Day. 

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 6/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, AliJose said:

Super helpful so thank you for sharing! When in the process were you able to pay the fees and schedule the interview? My fiancé submitted the DS-160 but CEAC says at NVC and he wasn’t able to schedule the interview yet. 

@Greenbaum - Can you help? I posted a question over a week ago in the Latin American forum but no one responded. My fiancé received a message stating his interview isn’t ready to be scheduled yet. We’re assuming our file had to leave NVC first.  Neither of us has received any email or letter from NVC. The only information we have gotten has been from this forum so it’s been super helpful including the PDF that you compiled. We just don’t want to slow anything down by not paying the fees yet but haven’t found any way to do so yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

And your point is?

completing the DS160 takes quite some time, especially when children are involved in the K1/(K2) process.

it might seem a good idea to save time and have this completed in advance, save and only come back to fill out the missing few boxes once a case number is assigned.

I had the same initial idea, however as it was mentioned before the case retrieve function often fails and all the invested time to complete and save the application will be lost.

Therefore my conclusion after losing the first application due to not being able to retrieve my saved information is that wait till the case number is assigned and complete fully the application from beginning till the end without saving it and leaving it incomplete.

I hope this helps

Edited by Zoltan K

10 hours ago, Daisyduartte said:

If I have to start a New form. I Hear a lot in this fórum that we have to wait until we get the case number to start filing DS-160. I don't understand why. 

Thank you for answering my questions, @Greenbaum 

Because you need the case number to start the DS-160. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Zoltan K said:

completing the DS160 takes quite some time, especially when children are involved in the K1/(K2) process.

it might seem a good idea to save time and have this completed in advance, save and only come back to fill out the missing few boxes once a case number is assigned.

I had the same initial idea, however as it was mentioned before the case retrieve function often fails and all the invested time to complete and save the application will be lost.

Therefore my conclusion after losing the first application due to not being able to retrieve my saved information is that wait till the case number is assigned and complete fully the application from beginning till the end without saving it and leaving it incomplete.

I hope this helps

Well you're preaching to the choir as i have advocated your last paragraph as the best approach.  Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, AliJose said:

@Greenbaum - Can you help? I posted a question over a week ago in the Latin American forum but no one responded. My fiancé received a message stating his interview isn’t ready to be scheduled yet. We’re assuming our file had to leave NVC first.  Neither of us has received any email or letter from NVC. The only information we have gotten has been from this forum so it’s been super helpful including the PDF that you compiled. We just don’t want to slow anything down by not paying the fees yet but haven’t found any way to do so yet. 

Get your case number first. Then complete the DS-160.  Go to ceac.state.gov and use your case number and choose immigrant.  Next and if your case is in "ready" condition then pay your interview fee, schedule your interview and complete the medical exam.  Read more from the PDF.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Get your case number first. Then complete the DS-160.  Go to ceac.state.gov and use your case number and choose immigrant.  Next and if your case is in "ready" condition then pay your interview fee, schedule your interview and complete the medical exam.  Read more from the PDF.

@Greenbaum Thanks so much!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 6/22/2019 at 1:06 AM, AliJose said:

Super helpful so thank you for sharing! When in the process were you able to pay the fees and schedule the interview? My fiancé submitted the DS-160 but CEAC says at NVC and he wasn’t able to schedule the interview yet. 

Unable to pay currently. I tried to pay through ustravel but there is a mandatory field Priority Date that I didn't find anywhere, so in my case, I have to wait for the next step from consulate. :D Maybe difference lies in different countries. You can ask your fiance try if it works in your country. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.