Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, US&TN said:

It's been 21 days since we get approved . Should I start calling NVC ? I sent an email request but i didn't hear anything from them yet ? 

You can call to ease your mind; however, plan for about 4-6 weeks from approval date for NVC to receive your case.

The first page of this thread goes over what to expect and estimated time frames.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
25 minutes ago, US&TN said:

It's been 21 days since we get approved . Should I start calling NVC ? I sent an email request but i didn't hear anything from them yet ? 

We have the same NOA2 date!  When I called earlier this week they didn't have it yet.  They told me to try again next week.  It wouldn't hurt anything for you to call and ask if you're curious though.  As an fyi it took like 30 minutes on hold to reach a rep.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, calbrecht said:

You can always call, I follow other timeline and try to make a judgement call on when to call.  I just saw Hd1170 who had a date of 5/13 call earlier today and it was received.  Yours could be there wont know unless you call or wait for them to contact you.

Stuck at work so I cant call on mine lol.

I'm gonna tell my fiance to call them tomorrow.  At least we will know it's there or not

49 minutes ago, MisoBlu said:

We have the same NOA2 date!  When I called earlier this week they didn't have it yet.  They told me to try again next week.  It wouldn't hurt anything for you to call and ask if you're curious though.  As an fyi it took like 30 minutes on hold to reach a rep.

We're expecting to be on June 25 shipment anyway so I'm not gonna be surprised if we didn't have it this week 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, HTMW said:

You can call to ease your mind; however, plan for about 4-6 weeks from approval date for NVC to receive your case.

The first page of this thread goes over what to expect and estimated time frames.

Yes ik it can take up to 6 weeks.  But you know I need a piece of mind lol , I'm gonna call them tomorrow 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, US&TN said:

Yes ik it can take up to 6 weeks.  But you know I need a piece of mind lol , I'm gonna call them tomorrow 

Totally, me too! 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Indira/Charlys said:

I just finish filling the DS160...... got that out of the way..... i really doooooo hope to get a case number soon..... keeping finger crossed

I thought u needed the case number to fill out the ds 160?

Also did u see the question about social media on there?

45 minutes ago, TheBs said:

I believe you just need the receipt number from your NOA2 (3 letters followed by a string of numbers).

Yes, since last week social media info is now required. Even the immigration lawyers aren't completely sure how this will end up affecting applications since it's so new. It appears that they need your account name from a selection of social media accounts you've used in the last 5 years (there are other threads specifically about this that you can search for). I hope they enjoy looking through all the cute animal videos I've favourited on Youtube and Reddit just as much as I did! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline
5 minutes ago, futurecoloradogrl said:

I believe you just need the receipt number from your NOA2 (3 letters followed by a string of numbers).

Yes, since last week social media info is now required. Even the immigration lawyers aren't completely sure how this will end up affecting applications since it's so new. It appears that they need your account name from a selection of social media accounts you've used in the last 5 years (there are other threads specifically about this that you can search for). I hope they enjoy looking through all the cute animal videos I've favourited on Youtube and Reddit just as much as I did! 

I was also wondering do they want social media from both petitioner and beneficiary?

3 minutes ago, Hd1170 said:

I was also wondering do they want social media from both petitioner and beneficiary?

Just beneficiary it seems. Also you may want to include unique URLs where necessary - eg. if you're Sarah Jones on Facebook, you don't want them reviewing something alarming that another Sarah Jones posted that has nothing to do with you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some good news today, called NVC and they have received the NOA2 today and I have a case number.  My NOA2 was dated 5/13/2019.  Everyone keep hanging in there.

Since I wanted to be safe I hired an attorney for all this, however after reading everything on here I could have saved that money.  But better safe then sorry.  Now I just need to follow up with the attorney.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

So if I've got my case number and invoice number does that mean my case is in the NVC system? we called Monday but still no mail by Friday or any feedback? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

This might be a really stupid question, but I have an obscene amount of documents, probably close to 150 papers (most of it is supporting evidence for the i-134), how are you guys organizing it all to bring to the interview? I was thinking of putting it all in a binder?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Pinda said:

This might be a really stupid question, but I have an obscene amount of documents, probably close to 150 papers (most of it is supporting evidence for the i-134), how are you guys organizing it all to bring to the interview? I was thinking of putting it all in a binder?

I've got one of those expanding folders. It has lots of different sections and name tags for each section. :)

I-129F Sent : 2019-02-11

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, TheBs said:

you dont need case number for DS160, you need case nmber to book the appoinment.... and yes the social media questions are there....

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.