Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

He gave me a case number. I am not sure if though this is a case number has 13 characters. 3 letters and 10 numbers. Thank you I probably will try to call again and talk to someone more knowledgeable. 

Im not sure what the abbreviation of your embassy  is but the first and only 3 letters are the abbreviation of your embassy followed by 2019, then digits. Ask for the date of arrival  at NVC.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Im not sure what the abbreviation of your embassy  is but the first 3 letters are the abbreviation of your embassy followed by 2019 then digits. Ask for the date or arrival  at NVC.

I am trying to call NVC but I cannot go any forward. It doesn't give me the option to wait to speak with a customer service. I am not sure if this is normal or what is going on. Since they said they are open 9-9 mo-fr

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

I am trying to call NVC but I cannot go any forward. It doesn't give me the option to wait to speak with a customer service. I am not sure if this is normal or what is going on. Since they said they are open 9-9 mo-fr

Try calling 603-334-0888. Press 1.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got off the phone with an agent and got my Case Number. I checked on the website case tracker and it says 'At NVC'. 😁

noa2: 5/10

Sarge is right, NOA2 was the bigger obstacle/wait and we have already went past it. Hang in there guys. 

Edited by _Layne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

If they're too busy, you get a recording like "thank you for calling the national visa center.  All of our representatives are busy helping other customers".  If you get that, then just hang up because it doesn't give you any options.

Try calling later and it'll be a different recording that will eventually  say press 1 for English or 2 for spanish.  After that I hit 7 for "other questions"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are all struggling with waiting, please keep in mind this statistically is a shorter wait that our first step.  One thing we all need to keep in mind we also had a holiday last month on a Monday, historically people take extended vacations when a holiday is at the start or end of a week, this will cause some delay.  We all have made it past the first step all we can do is keep the faith and wait a little longer.  Hang in there everyone.  

44 minutes ago, MisoBlu said:

If they're too busy, you get a recording like "thank you for calling the national visa center.  All of our representatives are busy helping other customers".  If you get that, then just hang up because it doesn't give you any options.

Try calling later and it'll be a different recording that will eventually  say press 1 for English or 2 for spanish.  After that I hit 7 for "other questions"

Thank you I will try. 

3 hours ago, HTMW said:

Preach it! Thank you for saying this!

People, people - I get it, the wait is hard; realize that even though this process can feel isolating and you lose hope because you have very little control over any of this, you are not the center if the universe and the world does not revolve around your situation. Have a lot more patience and little more empathy for those who have (and continue) to struggle through this process. 

@Sarge2155  you are appreciated!  @Greenbaum and a truckload of others have their own real life issues happening and take time out of their daily lives and give their energy into assisting a PLETHORA of people here. I can only imagine the people lucky enough to be around them in their daily lives, the world needs more of these people.

For all those waiting at whatever stage, whether it's one month, three months, 2 YEARS - you have to be able to deal with it. You will get through this.

Thank you. You appreciation is my motivation. All the best to you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Im not sure what the abbreviation of your embassy  is but the first and only 3 letters are the abbreviation of your embassy followed by 2019, then digits. Ask for the date of arrival  at NVC.

Here is a listing of the 3 letter abbreviations. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

There is no reason for her to call back. Sarge, never understood why people are always calling and then when the phone is not answered they're the first to complain they can't get through. IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE CALLING TOO MANY TIMES FOR THINGS THAT ARE ANSWERED ON VJ WITH THE HELP OF THEIR MEMBERS IF YOU TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT.

Sorry Sarge, but that person is on my block list for just that reason but I had to opine along with your statement. Also is good with you and I. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'd call again and ask if your case has arrived at NVC and have they assigned  a case number yet. The agent you got  to help you sounds  more confused  than you are. Call again and hope youll get a different  agent. That should clear things up a bit for you.

What she got was her case number. There is no need for her to call back. If she has a 3 letter followed by 10 numerals digits then she has a case number. She now can go to ceac.state.gov and enter "immigrant" then her case number. Oy Vey I can hear the next reply from her, "it says at NVC, why is it still there?" Then I am going to have a face palm to the forehead. :yes:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Hello,

I have a couple questions and if this is not the correct place please move to the appropriate location.  My fiance is from Philippines, and we are still waiting to NOA2 > NVC to get a case number.  I have read some places allow you to set up medical and interview once you have case number, does anyone know if this is possible for Philippines?  If it is possible I am assuming we should wait until it says in transit.  Any steps that anyone has had after they get case number would be helpful.  

Thank you  

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is a listing of the 3 letter abbreviations. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

There is no reason for her to call back. Sarge, never understood why people are always calling and then when the phone is not answered they're the first to complain they can't get through. IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE CALLING TOO MANY TIMES FOR THINGS THAT ARE ANSWERED ON VJ WITH THE HELP OF THEIR MEMBERS IF YOU TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT.

Sorry Sarge, but that person is on my block list for just that reason but I had to opine along with your statement. Also is good with you and I. :thumbs:

@Greenbaum sometimes we are just worried or scared the unknown It's our human nature. After seeing many of your posts I understand your frustration and truly thank you for all the work you do here to help eveyone. 

1 minute ago, calbrecht said:

Hello,

I have a couple questions and if this is not the correct place please move to the appropriate location.  My fiance is from Philippines, and we are still waiting to NOA2 > NVC to get a case number.  I have read some places allow you to set up medical and interview once you have case number, does anyone know if this is possible for Philippines?  If it is possible I am assuming we should wait until it says in transit.  Any steps that anyone has had after they get case number would be helpful.  

Thank you  

Let me share some special links to not only answer your questions but get you started in the correct way for USEM visa processing. The best place is Hank's website. He has step by step instructions, and does answer your question from them post to future questions you will have. His link is below.

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank's website

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Manila US Embassy states that a scanned copy of the signed I-134 is fine, if you don't have the original.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Let me share some special links to not only answer your questions but get you started in the correct way for USEM visa processing. The best place is Hank's website. He has step by step instructions, and does answer your question from them post to future questions you will have. His link is below.

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank's website

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Manila US Embassy states that a scanned copy of the signed I-134 is fine, if you don't have the original.

Thank you for the fast response.

2 minutes ago, sheksahim said:

@Greenbaum sometimes we are just worried or scared the unknown It's our human nature. After seeing many of your posts I understand your frustration and truly thank you for all the work you do here to help eveyone. 

If you find my information not helpful, please let me know. Either my answer to your question is from years of being here or they are factual and I will post the links so that you can verify or continue reading information that my be a little more in depth then what was said in my reply. You know, sometimes "you" just have to trust the system. This visa process is not hard to do. The hardest part you had was finding VJ. After that there are experts and others from your country who have experienced or have the answer to your question. Everything is here.

You know when someone ask a question, normally I have the answer. I cut and paste using OneNote my answer because it has been asked so many times before. I start ever month and the first thing that I post is tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way. What frustrates me is that someone will ask a question that was just asked two or three post before. :girlwerewolf2xn:Or they don't follow the instructions from the post where it is explained. :blush: Or they disrespect me. I get PM's from other veterans here who ask me how I put up with some of the ####### they see from some of the participants in these thread that I work.  So pardon me if I am frustrated at times.

So, yes at times it is frustrating to me because it's usually the same ones who do not do their homework, do not read the thread or sometimes are just to lazy to use google to find their answer. So thank you for noticing but I'll continue to not always sugar coat my answers especially to those who don't do some of the heavy lifting. All the best to you. :thumbs: P.S. Please don't hesitate to ask a question if needed, I will answer if I have the information for you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.