Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, jeka1700 said:

NVC sent my file today to the embassy! 😁

Great. But, how did you verify that ut was sent? CEAC?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, jeka1700 said:

NVC sent my file today to the embassy! 😁

Congratulations!  Claudia and I were talking about you guys this morning and prayed that you would get good news!

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Victoria85 said:

I have the same NOA 2 date and i called last week. My case still not at nvc. Let me know what you find out. I won't be able to call till Friday. Good luck 

I e-mailed NVC today. Maybe I will call later if we don’t hear anything any soon. Let me know too if you find out something at some point:)

48 minutes ago, _Layne said:

18 days since our NOA2 (receipt date: 5/10) and no emails yet from NVC 😬 just putting out the time here hehe 

Have you called NVC yet, if not by all means call them.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

By all mean yes update your email address with NVC even if you had no changes. They may not have your address. At the same time you can request to be notified once your case in at NVC and also once a case number has been assigned. The email route does not always work (meaning they don't always answer or acknowledge), but at least it's out there. I'm sure most of you will get your case numbers by phone anyway, but yes do update your email address as well as your beneficiaries email address too.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally got through and talked to an agent and they don't have our case yet. She also said it could take up to 8 weeks. 😬 But I'll try again next week. Lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, _Layne said:

18 days since our NOA2 (receipt date: 5/10) and no emails yet from NVC 😬 just putting out the time here hehe 

My NOA2 date was 5/2, it took 3 weeks for the case to arrive at the NVC. Give it a little more time. :)

3 minutes ago, _Layne said:

I finally got through and talked to an agent and they don't have our case yet. She also said it could take up to 8 weeks. 😬 But I'll try again next week. Lol

I'd call way more frequently than that if you can. It usually does not take 8 weeks, that is just their standard answer. I'd call at least every other day or so. It's happened that as soon as you hang up with them your case has "arrived."

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'd call way more frequently than that if you can. It usually does not take 8 weeks, that is just their standard answer. I'd call at least every other day or so. It's happened that as soon as you hang up with them your case has "arrived."

I thought so too. Thank you, I'll keep this in mind. 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So... We never received anything physically in the mail, but today I (US petitioner) got an email

subject: The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Montreal, Canada

and attached is a letter titled (K-1-FTP) dated today 28-May-2019 that says: 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Montreal, Canada. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition. Next steps: Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

it also includes our MTL case number interview location etc.

I know this is probably a very generic question but this is all a bit confusing, what exactly does this mean and what do we do now?

1 hour ago, Rob and Sandy said:

So... We never received anything physically in the mail, but today I (US petitioner) got an email

subject: The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Montreal, Canada

and attached is a letter titled (K-1-FTP) dated today 28-May-2019 that says: 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Montreal, Canada. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition. Next steps: Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

it also includes our MTL case number interview location etc.

I know this is probably a very generic question but this is all a bit confusing, what exactly does this mean and what do we do now?

1. Your case has been assigned a case number beginning with MTL

2. The are forwarding your file to MTL for an interview

3. They want you to prepare for your interview so they gave you a link to some information to begin [we also know this other information forthcoming from MTL once your file is received and they have prepared the necessary information to send to you]

Not much more than that. There is nothing to be concerned about. Just move on down the road toward that interview and visa.

Here is some information I will share with you that you can begin to see what MTL will send you and what your requirements are. It's best that you go over to the thread that is all things Canada. I have post the link below at the arrow.

You can't hurry it along at all. You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actual one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS-160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Packet 3: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf  And Packet 4 for reference also: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

------> For all things dealing with the US Consulate in Canada head on over to the sub-forum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Birth Certificate and Police Certificate information

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aa5iWVtFniXGWavXN0zs-94dewD2Fdfy/view?usp=sharing

Here is some additional information. As was stated in the Canadian sub-forum there is an "emergency order" application in Ontario. You need the birth cert that is CERTIFIED COPY OF BIRTH REGISTRATION that has the parents name. You don't want the "parental cert" that is a wallet sized one with parents names but no place of birth, doctors who attended birth etc. The parental one is for parents travelling with kids to prove custody in an easy to use/travel with format. Hope this clears up your question. CALL the registrar and tell them you need to do an emergency application otherwise you will be waiting 15+ weeks. Absolutely the long form is a required LIVE document needed at the interview or you'll get rejected.  I hope this info is helpful and best of luck.

In case you're doing the medical in Vancouver: Dr. Cheema requires you to schedule the interview first in order to book the medical.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I got GUZ number via phone call with NVC at May.22 after waiting over 40 mins in line then surprised got email from them the next day......

Case still At NVC just finished checking.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, May 23, 2019 at 23:21
Subject: RE: Ask NVC - Inquiry Form
To: @gmail.com>

Dear Sir/Madam:

The correct case number is listed below.

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

The case number for visa petition is: GUZ2019XXXXXX.

National Visa Center 

Written Inquiry Unit 

PAE, Support Contractor

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Important:  DO NOT mail original documents to the National Visa Center.  You will need to bring these to your visa interview at the U.S Embassy or Consulate.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.