Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

For instructions on the next steps go to the first page, first post of this thread. Download the PDF file and all the items at this stage that one would need to be aware of are contained with in that document.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello, I want to update my email address with NVC. Ihad my NOA2 in 4th may. Im still waiting the hardcopy. There is an different number in the NOA2? I'm reading the PDF in the fist post here and this says: NOA2 receipt number and WAC number.  Are they different numbers? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, jeka1700 said:

Hello, I want to update my email address with NVC. Ihad my NOA2 in 4th may. Im still waiting the hardcopy. There is an different number in the NOA2? I'm reading the PDF in the fist post here and this says: NOA2 receipt number and WAC number.  Are they different numbers? 

Thanks

WAC number is referred to as the receipt number and can be used along the way.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, jeka1700 said:

Thanks

My NOA 2 copy have not come yet as well. My lawyer received a copy but I have not. I see I am not alone. They approved us May 2nd. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
1 minute ago, Victoria85 said:

Mi copia de NOA 2 aún no ha llegado. Mi abogado recibió una copia pero yo no. Veo que no estoy solo. Nos aprobaron el 2 de mayo. 

Uscis told me my case was approved 29 th April and they sent me the response 4th may. I still don't have the hardcopy :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, jeka1700 said:

Uscis told me my case was approved 29 th April and they sent me the response 4th may. I still don't have the hardcopy :(

My NOA2 date is May 02 and hard copy received at home on May.06

You will get it soon

9 hours ago, jeka1700 said:

It takes 2-3 weeks to get your NOA2 hard copy. If you used a lawyer that maybe the only way you'll get a copy. You may have signed over all you correspondence to go to them. So don't sit around waiting. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone, I had an email this morning that my NOA2 was approved yesterday. Now that I'm on the next step, should I go ahead and get documents together for the I-134? I may have totally misread it, but it seems like for Vietnam I would only need tax transcripts, is that accurate? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.

10 minutes ago, Tampa Wildcat said:

Hello everyone, I had an email this morning that my NOA2 was approved yesterday. Now that I'm on the next step, should I go ahead and get documents together for the I-134? I may have totally misread it, but it seems like for Vietnam I would only need tax transcripts, is that accurate? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.

There are more documents required for the interview then just the I-134 with tax transcripts. Second link, scroll down to "All Required Documents for the Interview" and you will see what is required.

Usually you will not receive the P3 letter in the mail. Do an online service request. They will respond typically in 2 -3 days with the instruction (P3). You will need to submit D-160 and pay the visa fee, then schedule the medical afterward. Technically, you will need the P3 to complete the medical exam, although some have gotten by with just the interview confirmation. I wouldn't risk it and would just request that they email it to you via: https://vn.usembassy...a-inquiry-form/  When using the form be sure to add in the comments section the last 4 digits of your SSN or they will email you back asking for it which causes further delays.

Here is some information including the Embassy P3 for you to get a head start

P3 Letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GXiJXlEPZhqwUSFDpkcviyJNbw2BoXDn/view?usp=sharing

https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/K-Instruction-Package.pdf 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

13 hours ago, jeka1700 said:

The quickest way to get a copy of your Case # is by emailing NVC and requesting your case file number.   Below is the process for emailing NVC.

E-mail: 
NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:
You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).
* Petitioner's name and date of birth.
* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.
It’s highly recommend that you email NVC for your Case #, this will give you a correspondence sooner than the hard copy of the letter arriving from NVC with the Case # for future reference.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There are more documents required for the interview then just the I-134 with tax transcripts. Second link, scroll down to "All Required Documents for the Interview" and you will see what is required.

Usually you will not receive the P3 letter in the mail. Do an online service request. They will respond typically in 2 -3 days with the instruction (P3). You will need to submit D-160 and pay the visa fee, then schedule the medical afterward. Technically, you will need the P3 to complete the medical exam, although some have gotten by with just the interview confirmation. I wouldn't risk it and would just request that they email it to you via: https://vn.usembassy...a-inquiry-form/  When using the form be sure to add in the comments section the last 4 digits of your SSN or they will email you back asking for it which causes further delays.

Here is some information including the Embassy P3 for you to get a head start

P3 Letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GXiJXlEPZhqwUSFDpkcviyJNbw2BoXDn/view?usp=sharing

https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/K-Instruction-Package.pdf 

Thank you for the information. Yes, I knew there was more than just the I-134 and tax, I just was just specifically looking for info on what I needed to include with the I-134. I have seen that some required letters from the bank, employer, etc. I just wanted to confirm that I only needed the tax transcripts for this individual part, which based off of what you linked, is all that is required. 

"Evidence of Support (Form I-134): The petitioner may complete an original signed Form I-134, Affidavit of Support for the principal applicant and one copy for each eligible travelling applicant. This form is also available at: www.uscis.gov/i-134. A photocopy of the petitioner’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s, must be included."

Just now, Tampa Wildcat said:

Thank you for the information. Yes, I knew there was more than just the I-134 and tax, I just was just specifically looking for info on what I needed to include with the I-134. I have seen that some required letters from the bank, employer, etc. I just wanted to confirm that I only needed the tax transcripts for this individual part, which based off of what you linked, is all that is required. 

"Evidence of Support (Form I-134): The petitioner may complete an original signed Form I-134, Affidavit of Support for the principal applicant and one copy for each eligible travelling applicant. This form is also available at: www.uscis.gov/i-134. A photocopy of the petitioner’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s, must be included."

To be safe this is what is listed from USCIS that most embassy's use:

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134) K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

Having everything that is contained in the above will certainty cover all your "bases" for your interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

To be safe this is what is listed from USCIS that most embassy's use:

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134) K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

Having everything that is contained in the above will certainty cover all your "bases" for your interview.

W2's are easy enough to include. Thank you again for your help

Edited by Tampa Wildcat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.