George & Richelle

DCF filing option closing in Manila (merged)

62 posts in this topic

Just now, payxibka said:

I would say today 

What's worse is I am a member of a Visa group on FB made up primarily of pinoys, and this has been coming up over and over and over. Nobody wants to take the time to read or comprehend the actual article.

I was wondering what was going on. Obviously this will not affect other applications like the k1 fiancé visa. The article I read was confusing and it didn’t specify what the actual details were so I was trying to find out what was going on. I didn’t know or realize that this was going to happen with the dcf stuff. It doesn’t affect me but I’m sorry for the ones that are affected.

21 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

I was wondering what was going on. Obviously this will not affect other applications like the k1 fiancé visa. The article I read was confusing and it didn’t specify what the actual details were so I was trying to find out what was going on. I didn’t know or realize that this was going to happen with the dcf stuff. It doesn’t affect me but I’m sorry for the ones that are affected.

Yeah they are closing the USCIS offices abroad to supposedly bring them back to the USA and help with asylum processing. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah they are closing the USCIS offices abroad to supposedly bring them back to the USA and help with asylum processing. 

While there are more than a million legal I-130s pending in the system......smh

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 minutes ago, missileman said:

While there are more than a million legal I-130s pending in the system......smh

You know the hot ticket in the press are the so called "asylum seekers" all the while nobody gives a hoot about actual legal residents or people going through the process to stay legal. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

What's worse is I am a member of a Visa group on FB made up primarily of pinoys, and this has been coming up over and over and over. Nobody wants to take the time to read or comprehend the actual article.

I'm just glad we got our visa before it happened.   Ufda.   :)

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

I'm just glad we got our visa before it happened.   Ufda.   :)

Why? It doesn't affect them at all or are you talking about how it will probably cause everything to slow down?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why? It doesn't affect them at all or are you talking about how it will probably cause everything to slow down?

No.  I'm talking about the relocation to Davao when the capital gets moved.   

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

No.  I'm talking about the relocation to Davao when the capital gets moved.   

I might move to Manila if that were the case. 

• Ontarkie changed the title to DCF filing option closing in Manila (merged)
  • Ontarkie locked this topic

Not sure how the rumor of the embassy in Manila was closing. Crazy....Embassy does not equal USCIS. Two different purposes and the jobs they do are way different. Embassy is the political liaison between two countries which allow various political agreements, treaties, trade agreements and such to come to fruition. USCIS deals with the processing of US citizenship and other types of visa applications, but they do not make the final determination as that lies with the Consular section which is an extension of the embassy. While the embassy deals with the political partnership between two countries, the consular section deals with everyday citizen and visa processing/approval affairs. USCIS is the start of the immigrant process, while the consular is the final. If I am wrong in my explanation I am sure someone will clarify better than me :)

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Consular is actually the middle not the end of the immigration process. The consular section is the one that will give the approval for a visa or not. If the visa is denied, then it ends that process, if it is approved, then the process continues, but once in the USA, the USCIS takes over the process again. I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong ;)

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am confused about the closure. Is it the US embassy closing in the philippines? Is it going to affect the future petition of I-130? Where Is the interview going to be held for the beneficiary then?

1 minute ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

I am confused about the closure. Is it the US embassy closing in the philippines? Is it going to affect the future petition of I-130? Where Is the interview going to be held for the beneficiary then?

Does not effect future I-130 petitions. Only effects the DCF option. Nothing else will be effected. Embassy and Consulate will still be there performing their duties. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Nothing changes for normal I-130 visa processing (like with your mom).    Embassy process isn't changing.

DCF was a USCIS process for those living in the Philippines, allowed them to file at the USCIS office at the embassy instead of having to send the I-130 petition to a USCIS lockbox like is normal for those in the USA.  The USCIS offices will be closed in the embassy.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.