George & Richelle

DCF filing option closing in Manila (merged)

62 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, JMPM said:

I thought everyone was ejected from the US Embassy to the streets, and Philippines sided with China and has declared war on the United States. 

That funny

Don't forget Duterte was threating war with Canada also over the trash Canada sent over there, I was in Philippines last month and read he was going to declare war on Canada.  I did get a good laugh from that

ChickBoy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, DevilKing said:

where can i find the Philippine thread for K1?

Info for the K-1 process in the Philippines?

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com   (soon)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Duterte has declared that it will be opened in Davao City

That's the Consulate not the USCIS office. Davaoeño ka dhay?

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

My asawa is from Compostela Valley but has family throughout the City and the Region

I am American , who has traveled heavily in Mindanao region especially Davao.  I am rather familiar with Manila area as well, spent a little time in Cebu as well, and been to some of the tourist spots like : Borocay, Palawan, Bohol, Camigiun Island a few times.

I can speak some bisaya, I can't read it :thumbs:

ChickBoy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I heard that if Sarah is elected president that she doesn't want to move to Manila but will relocate the federal capital to her

YMMV

11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I heard that if Sarah is elected president that she doesn't want to move to Manila but will relocate the federal capital to her

I don't follow Philippines politics much, but Davao City is no longer a hidden gem like it used to be. It seems since Duterte was elected President Davao City has turned into a mess.  I really enjoyed him being mayor, but since his election Davao has been ruined.

The traffic is now horrible, I guess a lot of people decided to move to Davao city, Prostitution is the worse I have ever seen it in Davao City,  The beggars are worse than Manila or Cebu, and if you take the pedestrian fly over / bridges that go over the street they are full of beggars and smells like urine. 

Thankfully I was able to enjoy Davao City for many years back when it was a lot more isolated and quite and peaceful.

ChickBoy

2 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

I don't follow Philippines politics much, but Davao City is no longer a hidden gem like it used to be. It seems since Duterte was elected President Davao City has turned into a mess.  I really enjoyed him being mayor, but since his election Davao has been ruined.

The traffic is now horrible, I guess a lot of people decided to move to Davao city, Prostitution is the worse I have ever seen it in Davao City,  The beggars are worse than Manila or Cebu, and if you take the pedestrian fly over / bridges that go over the street they are full of beggars and smells like urine. 

Thankfully I was able to enjoy Davao City for many years back when it was a lot more isolated and quite and peaceful.

This is what I was scared of to be honest. We will be going back next month and it will be the first time since 2015. So we are alittle anxious. 

5 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

This is what I was scared of to be honest. We will be going back next month and it will be the first time since 2015. So we are alittle anxious. 

Sunday is best day to travel around Davao City, the rest of the days is plain frustrating.

Give us report of what you think when you get back from Davao City, and the airport at Davao City is getting ghetto looking, they really need to build a new one there.  Plus is seems super crowded at all times.

ChickBoy

Maybe someone can tell me what’s going on. I just where the US embassy in Manila Philippines is closing. What does this mean for people who will eventually be filling for the k1 fiancé visa? Where will this be done now or will this be done at all? Will they still be doing the visas there or moving the immigration service to another location?  I’m hoping someone can let me know what’s going on.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

Maybe someone can tell me what’s going on. I just where the US embassy in Manila Philippines is closing. What does this mean for people who will eventually be filling for the k1 fiancé visa? Where will this be done now or will this be done at all? Will they still be doing the visas there or moving the immigration service to another location?  I’m hoping someone can let me know what’s going on.

There is a bigger thread on this, you're like 4th person to ask over last couple days.. It isn't the embassy that is closing, just the USCIS field office. So DCF won't be available, but all other petitions will be unaffected. This is happening in a lot of other places also.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

Relax.  

YMMV

28 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

There is a bigger thread on this, you're like 4th person to ask over last couple days.. It isn't the embassy that is closing, just the USCIS field office. So DCF won't be available, but all other petitions will be unaffected. This is happening in a lot of other places also.

More like the 4th person in 2 days. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.