ujones

Congressman

32 posts in this topic

While doing google research on contacting congressman/ representative I read somewhere that the CO could get annoyed by that. I’m planning to contact someone once my case pass their suggested timeline of 60 days ( still at the embassy after interview . Recd 221g & all the documents were submitted on 3/12 & passport on 3/22. No updates since ).. Would like to hear from others who has tried this path , please 

Edited by ujones

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am in the same predicament and would like any feedback on this matter! @ujones and I had interviews on March 7th and we're almost certain that we had the same CO

Edited by Tara & Rohit

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ujones said:

While doing google research on contacting congressman/ representative I read somewhere that the CO could get annoyed by that. I’m planning to contact someone once my case pass their suggested timeline of 60 days ( still at the embassy after interview . Recd 221g & all the documents were submitted on 3/12 & passport on 3/22. No updates since ).. Would like to hear from others who has tried this path , please 

so they have your passport currently is my understanding.

AP is a black hole and can take 60-90 days min to complete background checks, there is nothing that can be done to rush this. I can recommend sending an inquiry at 90 days if you still have not heard anything.

my husbands case sat in AP for 48 days issued by day 58.

you just have to be patient some go months and months with no answers some as far as 2 years.

since you are a K1 once the CEAC goes from updating as an immigrant visa to non immigrant this will be a good sign.

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

I am in the same predicament and would like any feedback on this matter! @ujones and I had interviews on the same day and we're almost certain that we had the same CO

same as above if CEAC changes from immigrant to non immigrant this is a good sign, 

did they keep the passport or have they requested it?

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

so they have your passport currently is my understanding.

AP is a black hole and can take 60-90 days min to complete background checks, there is nothing that can be done to rush this. I can recommend sending an inquiry at 90 days if you still have not heard anything.

my husbands case sat in AP for 48 days issued by day 58.

you just have to be patient some go months and months with no answers some as far as 2 years.

since you are a K1 once the CEAC goes from updating as an immigrant visa to non immigrant this will be a good sign.

@Khallaf, 58 days from interview or submission of documents ? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

same as above if CEAC changes from immigrant to non immigrant this is a good sign, 

did they keep the passport or have they requested it?

Yes, they have my fiance's passport and so far our status in Immigrant Ready. The last update was April 15th (just a date change). 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

Timeline
Just now, ujones said:

@Khallaf, 58 days from interview or submission of documents ? 

in my husbands case no other documents were needed they handed my husband a 221G marked AP and handed him back his passport, on day 48 they called him to send the passport to the embassy by day 58 he had it in hand again.

1 minute ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Yes, they have my fiance's passport and so far our status in Immigrant Ready. The last update was April 15th (just a date change). 

were any mother documents requested?

Timeline

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

were any other documents requested?

Both @ujones and I had Proof of Relationship 221gs

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

in my husbands case no other documents were needed they handed my husband a 221G marked AP and handed him back his passport, on day 48 they called him to send the passport to the embassy by day 58 he had it in hand again.

@Khallaf, that’s what I have seen in majority of our fellow VJ members .The trend has been 10-15 days once they request & receive the passport. But that has been completely different in our case. After providing relationship proof as per 221g they requested & received  passport a month ago but still no visa . 

Edited by ujones

Timeline
Just now, ujones said:

@Khallaf, that’s what I have seen in majority of our fellow VJ members .The trend has been 10-15 days once they request & receive the passport. But that has been completely different in our case. After providing relationship proof as per 221g they requested for passport a month ago but still no visa . 

they have 90 days to review the proof you send it, I am sure it is coming just be patient from the last update does it say immigrant or non immigrant

@Tara & Rohit you need to start your own thread hijacking a post is against VJ terms and conditions

Timeline
Just now, ujones said:

Last update was 4/16. Still immigrant 

I am sure that it will be finished soon, they fact they asked for the passport is a great sign, just give them the time to review the documents, embassy's are becoming increasingly more busy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, ujones said:

It doesn't go to the CO directly, each office has a liaison specifically assigned to address senator and congressional inquiries.

I involved one for my Naturalization and lo behold, I had oath scheduled in a month. They never explicitly said because of CO inquiry but from what I gather,  an CO inquiry means "Look at it now, fix it now if reasonable"

Think of it as this way, if you have issue with a product/ company (USCIS/NVC) and CS (calls/letters) is not being helpful, you contact CFPB (CO) and they reach out to company and the company has a team tasked with keeping CFPB happy.

It is very much your right to seek congressional help, the more detailed case you provide, the better.

The 60 days is not a guarantee. As someone already mentioned, AP is open ended.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

1 minute ago, Unlockable said:

The 60 days is not a guarantee. As someone already mentioned, AP is open ended.

Even when I completely agree with you my question was if there’s anything to be worried abt if we  try to find the reason for the delay through another available source. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.