homesick_american

I'm so in love with this house.

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Both of those houses are beautiful, love the first one best though.

Dawn.

Dawny(UK) and Tommy(South Carolina) The Journey Begins!!

- January 17, 2007 - Sent I-129F

- January 23, 2007 - I-129F received at TSC!

- January 30, 2007 - NOA1 sent!

- February 1, 2007 - Touched!

- February 2, 2007 - Cheque cashed by CSC!

- February 5, 2007 - Tommy received NOA1 (Hard copy!) Yay!

- April 5, 2007 - Tommy is coming to me for 12 days yay!! :)

- Impatiently waiting!

- April 27, 2007 - NOA2!! :)

- April 28, 2007 - Touched, oh my!

- May 11, 2007 - NVC receives our stuffs :)

- May 15, 2007 - NVC Sends our stuffs to London, yay! :)

- May 29, 2007 - Packet 3 received.

- June 7 , 2007 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

- July 11, 2007 - Received Packet 4.

- August 16, 2007 - Interview at 10AM :)

- March 19, 2008 - Court allows permission to take my daughter to live in the US! :)

- March 31, 2008 - Sent Passports and documents to the Embassy. Waiting for Visas...

- April 10, 2008 - Visas in hand!!! Omgosh!!

- June 23, 2008 - Going home to my man, finally :) POE (ATL)

- 08-08-08 - Wedding :)

- 08-21-10 - 2 year Green Card received! :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Both of those houses are beautiful, love the first one best though.

Dawn.

Me too; arts & crafts is an acquired taste and I don't like the color on the exterior, but that's so easily changed.

I just talked to our estate agent and she says everything is moving forward and is fine; the buyers are still mad keen to get into this house. We're already getting mail for them. :blink:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

BTW Mags, if you liked one you'll probably love this one:

http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1076024376

I LOVED this one. :D

Oooh, I love that one too!

When we first touch down in the States, we'll be living at my parents' house, which is a 1910 Arts and Crafts house in New Haven. So many houses in New Haven are Arts and Crafts or Craftsman, and it is a style I adore and which always reminds me of home.

More houses! More houses! Give us more houses to look at! :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I've only just started looking at areas in Dallas itself; we're restricting our searches to the catchment areas for W.T. White and Woodrow Wilson high schools, but this site won't let you search by schools. I'm having to put in the zip codes where the feeder elementary schools are located and I have to check each individual listing. Unfortunately Dallas's school zones are bizarre so houses on one side of the street go to one school and houses across the street go to another, plus they've shifted a lot of the areas around.

Houses in the Wilson area are generally from 1900-1950, the ones near White are generally 1960s ranches, which are roaring back into style.

I really liked this one; the interior is stunning but I don't like what they've done with the ceilings with all that recessed lighting. It's not in keeping with the style of the house. Plus, the yard is miniscule.

http://homes.realtor.com/Prop/1075757712

This one is in the Bob-O-Links area; 1950s ranch houses are definitely an acquired taste but it's gigantic for a house from that era:

http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1079596422

This one needs a ton of work but just look at that porch. Paradise! It needs renovating so I think it's way overpriced.

http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1069277168

Just for some variety, here's what they're now referring to as a 'mid-century' ranch *snicker*:

http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1079058397

And here's a completely bland and featureless jumbo house in a nearby suburb (that still attends Dallas schools):

http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1075539695

The last one is really what we DON'T want, but realistically we may end up out there if old East Dallas and the White area become priced out of our reach. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The price of that house to a Californian seems like a steal! I'm jealous!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

LOL...move to Texas then! Plenty of Fornicalians have made the trek in the last 20 years.

Just curious, what would property taxes run on houses such as these?

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

LOL...move to Texas then! Plenty of Fornicalians have made the trek in the last 20 years.

Eh...I'm the wrong person to ask, but my parents live in the same city and their house is around the $350k-$400k mark, so probably about the same as theirs. Their property tax bill last year was around $7k, I think.

Property taxes in Texas seem high compared to other places, but you have to remember that there is no state income tax in TX.

Eh...I'm the wrong person to ask, but my parents live in the same city and their house is around the $350k-$400k mark, so probably about the same as theirs. Their property tax bill last year was around $7k, I think.

Property taxes in Texas seem high compared to other places, but you have to remember that there is no state income tax in TX.

I didnt realize TX didnt pay state income tax. Thanks for answering :thumbs:

I dread getting my property tax bill for this year.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How much for climate control, though? ;)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hmm, nice. 2,300 square feet for less than 1/2 of the price of a tiny studio in Manhattan. :whistle:

Yes, I was just going to say that we need to consider relocating. It's a beautiful house, for sure. 400K doesn't go very far around here...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This one needs a ton of work but just look at that porch. Paradise! It needs renovating so I think it's way overpriced.

http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1069277168

That one was GORGEOUS. I loved all the original dark wood. I hope whoever buys it keeps the original features. It didn't need that much done to it really. Painting the outside maybe, new kitchen perhaps. The rest of it looked in pretty good shape.

How much for climate control, though? ;)

I love my central air. *sighs*

Edited by mags

Filed: Other Timeline
Basically, I don't want to end up in treeless McMansion suburban hell with snooty b!tchy neighbors who are all SAHMs who drive Ford Expeditions and pledged some second-rate sorority and got psychology degrees from some sh!t school like Sul Ross State looking down on me. Maybe I'm a snob at heart but what I really REALLY want is to be with my own kind in Dallas proper...y'know, people who read books and don't laugh at fart jokes and don't watch NASCAR, where every third girl on the street ISN'T named some variant of MIKAYLA. Where people won't sarcastically coo "Well la dee DA" when I tell them I have a French degree. Where every neighbor isn't cursed with a gut the size of a beach ball lapping over poorly-fitting belted khaki shorts, showing off legs that look like big giant white funnels stuffed into $150 trainers that aren't used for any kind of athletic activity.

I thought you WANTED to come back to America.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.