BSingh

Waiting for an interview date

18 posts in this topic

I have this question out of curiosity that I got that email saying my Case has been documentarily qualified on 1 April,2019. I have been waiting ever since for an interview date. Someone suggested me to look at Visa bulletin for may 2019. Since for April they are processing Visas for 1 March 2017 and my PD is 27 March 2019. In the Visa Bulletin of May 2019. I see they will be processing Visa till May 2017. Which will have my pd under that Visa bulletin.  My Question is :

When Visa Bulletin saying for May 2019 is May 2017  Does that mean that my PD case will be having interview in May? 

Does that mean that they will be scheduling interview in the month of May which will be in June?

I have been waiting and I was wondering may be anyone in Here will have answer.

thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, BSingh said:

I have this question out of curiosity that I got that email saying my Case has been documentarily qualified on 1 April,2019. I have been waiting ever since for an interview date. Someone suggested me to look at Visa bulletin for may 2019. Since for April they are processing Visas for 1 March 2017 and my PD is 27 March 2019. In the Visa Bulletin of May 2019. I see they will be processing Visa till May 2017. Which will have my pd under that Visa bulletin.  My Question is :

When Visa Bulletin saying for May 2019 is May 2017  Does that mean that my PD case will be having interview in May? 

Does that mean that they will be scheduling interview in the month of May which will be in June?

I have been waiting and I was wondering may be anyone in Here will have answer.

thank you

You said "my PD is 27 March 2019".

Did you mean to say that your Priority Date is 27 March 2017 ???

And are we talking about a F2A immigration visa ?

The May 2019 Visa Bulletin for F2A visa has a Final Action Date of PD's earlier than 15 May 2017.

So if you are F2A and your Priority Date is really 27 May 2017 ... then your visa will become available (highly likely) on June 1st based on the June 2019 Visa Bulletin.

In the 3rd week of May (after the June 2019 Visa Bulletin is published), NVC would start scheduling Embassy interviews for the June F2A visas.

It would be helpful if you added your visa timeline. 

Edited by Juniper

According to the visa bulletin, you shall get the interview in May. However, it also depends on your embassy and the queque. Last Friday, a batch of notices for interviews were sent out. It is not sure whether they will send out another batch later this month for May's interviews. All you can do is just wait. It can happen in May or in June most likely.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, BSingh said:

Thanks for replying  and yes my priority date is 27march 2017

Since its said on may 2019 bulletin so should I be expecting my interview in the month of May or June?

I just cannot figure out which month should I be expecting interview date?

If you have any idea?

Thank you

Sorry made an error

Edited by Juniper

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bboorrcchh said:

According to the visa bulletin, you shall get the interview in May. However, it also depends on your embassy and the queque. Last Friday, a batch of notices for interviews were sent out. It is not sure whether they will send out another batch later this month for May's interviews. All you can do is just wait. It can happen in May or in June most likely.

Yes this is correct. I mixed up March and May in my head.  The Visa Bulletin for F2A made a very large 10 week advancement. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

well we all are waiting for he interview letter. my case was completed since feb 28 2019 and our visa category is current, yet i dont have a date yet.  my wife is now citizen and i was told if she upgrades to from LPR to USC  (F2A to IR1) it wont have any effect on my interview process. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/25/2019 at 12:58 PM, BSingh said:

I heard so many people are saying about Interview depend on the Embassy. 

Is there any way we find out what is the waiting time for Bombay embassy for Immigrant Visa interview?

Thanks

I was looking for the same answer, but there is no way you can find out the waiting time for immigrant visas specific to embassy. I also heard that people having PD after Jan 8th are still waiting for an interview even though their cases were completed  and PD got current before 90 days.

Edited by cvpatel92

On 4/26/2019 at 10:28 PM, BSingh said:

Okay And your embassy is Bombay too?

My case was documentarily qualified on April and in may it looks like PD will be current which 27March 2017.

They no more send cases to New Delhi Embassy. I Wonder why!

Prior to April of last year, delhi and mumbai handled immigrant visas. Consolidation and cost-cutting move to process all IVs at mumbai. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.