clear07

Need Help !!! VISA Packet Opened by mistake !!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

SOS !!!!

Im probably the most saddest and frustrated person here ...! :(

My VISA packet with THE Brown envelope arrived today by post and as i was at work..it was opened by my cousin and guess what...she opened THE brown Packet by mistake !!

I Really do not know what i am i supposed to do now ??? im really tensed. :(

Please provide me your suggestions as to what am i supposed to do now !! :help::help:

WE have waited soooo oooooo long for this moment to come...and see now !!!!

I would appreciate any information or advice . :crying:

Edited by clear07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am not sure what you can do but the only thing I can suggest is to contact the US Embassy, explain the situation to them and see what you can do!

06/02/2006 - filed I-129F

12/16/2006 - Enter States thru Atlanta

01/13/2007 - Marriage

01/19/2007 - Filed AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/06/2007 - NOA that AOS has been forwarded to CSC

02/12/2007 - Fingerprinting in St. Louis

03/28/2007 - email notification that card production ordered!!!! (Day 68)

04/20/2007 - GC in the mail.....no more USCIS for 2 years!!!!!

12/29/08 - Filed I-751 to VSC

01/12/09 - NOA in mail

01/24/09 - received ASC notice

02/06/09 - biometrics appointment in Orlando

02/09/09 - touch

06/01/09 - approval letter in mail

12/11/09 - Filed N-400 to NSC

12/14/09 - Package arrived at NSC

12/26/09 - NOA in mail

01/22/10 - Fingerprinting in Orlando

03/08/10 - Interview in Orlando (passed)

03/12/10 - Oath Ceremony

Matthew Quoc-Minh *11/29/08*

7 lbs 6 oz. (3.35 kg) and 20" (51cm)

01/29/09 (2-month-check-up): 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and 22" (56cm)

03/30/09 (4-month-check-up): 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) and 25" (63cm)

05/29/09 (6-month-check-up): 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg) and 26" (66cm)

12/1/09 (12-month-check-up): 22 lbs (10 kg) and 30.3" (77cm)

06/11/10 (18-month-check-up): 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg) and 33.5" (85cm)

12/13/10 (24-month-check-up): 31.7 lbs (14.4 kg) and 35.8" (91cm)

I do not want to scare you but if you opened the brown envelope you have to contact the embassy and you will start again the visa procedures at the embassy.

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Timeline
I do not want to scare you but if you opened the brown envelope you have to contact the embassy and you will start again the visa procedures at the embassy.

REALLY ............!! Ohh nooo...that will be my nightmare coming true !! :crying:

I really hope they just re-seal it. I tried calling the Embassy and they are closed for Memorial Day . I will be counting every seconds till i call them tomorrow .

Thanks everyone for leaving your words.

I guess i just wait and hope i dont hv to re-start the whole process again. I hv already waited 8 months !!

Edited by clear07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yours is not the first brown envelope to be opened by mistake nor is it likely to be the last. Please disregard MayDayDas comments. For others who have found themselves in your predicaments it meant returning to the Consulate that issued the brown envelope with the envelope and contents and having them reseal it. They do NOT make you start the visa process all over again. You do need to get the envelope properly re-sealed though, so give them a call and ask them the best way to go about getting this done.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Yours is not the first brown envelope to be opened by mistake nor is it likely to be the last. Please disregard MayDayDas comments. For others who have found themselves in your predicaments it meant returning to the Consulate that issued the brown envelope with the envelope and contents and having them reseal it. They do NOT make you start the visa process all over again. You do need to get the envelope properly re-sealed though, so give them a call and ask them the best way to go about getting this done.

:thumbs:

The Consular Section will re-seal it for you.

I have to wonder though, why is someone opening your mail?

I was not talking about the whole k1 process I was talking about the VISA SECTION part. She has to have another appointment, the documents in original to show them again etc.....

Edited by MaydayDas

DCF Frankfurt Germany

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

Living in Maryland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's common in those 3rd world countries for others to open others mail I have heard that.

1/27/2007 Nerissa told me she received a ltr on Friday 26th from USE in Manila telling her they had our petition. I'm sure that's a GREAT thing.

4/16/07 Medical scheduled

4/23/07 Interview 7:30 YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/21/2007 She tells me in Yahoo msngr and then in an email that she DOES NOT want to come to USA because of her family who will suffer if she is not there

She said YES!!!!! We are back in the med/interview schedule. After a few months I realized I couldn't live without her. I wooed her back and now she is coming to USA after interview.

7/1/-19/2007 Medical finished for both

Case Number: mnl20068abcde

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 (7:30:00 AM)

K1 and K2 Approved on 8/1 @ est 10:30

8/3/2007 Delbros has Visas

8/18/2007 Flight booked from MNL to LAS

Timeline

[i have to wonder though, why is someone opening your mail?

I was at work when the envelope arrived ..so i asked my cousin to Open the content to see if the VISA stamp is there on the Passport ( History : After my interview ..the VISA was withheld under Section 221 G , for Steven ( my Fiance) 's Tax return document was required by embassy ) as i was apprehensive if they have sent the VISA afterall.

She didnot check the write on The brown envelope and just opened it , and before i could scream not the brown one ..the damage was done. My mistake :(

Thanks Kathryn and all of you .... thats a big solace to my storming thoughts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was not talking about the whole k1 process I was talking about the VISA SECTION part. She has to have another appointment, the documents in original to show them again etc.....

Very wrong, he does not have to go thru the visa process again. Other people in this same prediction have merely called the embassy and had their envelope resealed. Quit giving out wrong information!!!

Timeline

[it's common in those 3rd world countries for others to open others mail I have heard that.

Im not sure what you meant by "3rd World Countries " ... but one should not generalise everything by lookin at any one instance. It has everything to do with my relation with my cousin then country.

Timeline

It's common in those 3rd world countries for others to open others mail I have heard that.

and i guess the phillipines is a first world country, right? pls don't make comments to affect other people. the cousin was asked to open the mail and thats why it was opened. No one asked you about third world countries and wot not.

Timeline

This is the most ignorant comment ave heard in ages. It shows how you see people from the so-called third world countries and trust me your country isn't any better than the so-called third world countries. FYI India is well developed, so stop chatting #######.

With all the respect for Kathryn41 and Justchillin look what it says on the embassy web site :

"Under no circumstances should you tamper with these documents or open the sealed envelope. Should you do so the visa becomes automatically invalid and must be reissued. In addition, you will be required to pay the visa fees again and possibly also have to obtain updated documents."

Clear07, I really wish you that the embassy will be easy on you and just reseal it :thumbs:

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.