Diachka

Tax extension

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing great! 

My husband couldn't file his taxes 2018 by the deadline since he didn't have all the necessary documents to do it. Instead, he filed an extension. I have my interview next week. Now we are wondering if we need to upload the extension form to CEAC or just bring it with me to the interview? At the NVC stage, the extension wasn't filed yet, so at that point we uploaded a letter explaining why taxes 2018 weren't filed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Diachka said:

My husband couldn't file his taxes 2018 by the deadline since he didn't have all the necessary documents to do it. Instead, he filed an extension. I have my interview next week. Now we are wondering if we need to upload the extension form to CEAC or just bring it with me to the interview? At the NVC stage, the extension wasn't filed yet, so at that point we uploaded a letter explaining why taxes 2018 weren't filed. 

I think you should take it with you to the interview, if they ask for it you can show it to them, they might not even ask for it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would take it to the interview........but be prepared for a 221g requesting the transcripts after filing.........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

But my husband won't be able to file taxes at least until June - July. Will they put me on AP for that? The thing is that partially my husband's income comes from his family's business. He needs some document from the company to file his taxes. He can get it only in June if not later after the company audit... He always fully files his taxes closer to October because of these circumstances. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Diachka said:

But my husband won't be able to file taxes at least until June - July. Will they put me on AP for that? The thing is that partially my husband's income comes from his family's business. He needs some document from the company to file his taxes. He can get it only in June if not later after the company audit... He always fully files his taxes closer to October because of these circumstances. 

They usually ask for most recent year......and I have seen at least one case in which they have delayed visas......maybe you will get lucky....

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, missileman said:

They usually ask for most recent year......and I have seen instances in which they have delayed visas......maybe you will get lucky....

Yeah, I hope we will get lucky. We provided NVC with W2's 2018 that meet the financial requirements. I also have a draft of tax return 2018, but as I mentioned earlier my husband can't file it with IRS yet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Diachka said:

Yeah, I hope we will get lucky. We provided NVC with W2's 2018 that meet the financial requirements. I also have a draft of tax return 2018, but as I mentioned earlier my husband can't file it with IRS yet. 

I had my interview this month, and I was not asked for the 2018 tax transcripts even though i had it at the time, and the most recent tax transcripts uploaded to CEAC was 2017. Hopefully, you get lucky and they dont ask you at the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

There have been a few people put into AP until they submit their transcripts..Dont mess with CEAC anymore...bring the letter with you to the interview...you should just be ok with 2017

6 hours ago, Diachka said:

Hello I am on the same situation as you, and this is what they say about tax extensions on the Travel state webpage instructions (step 4). So I don't think it would go to AP if you provide proof of extension, just take it to the interview, they will not review it on ceac.

Let me know how your interview goes, mine is on May 3rd. Good luck!!!

20190418_184941.thumb.jpg.072c4efbb89c8be02a8a4dfbe3ecb6a7.jpg

Edited by Beverlyr
Typo mistake

🕙Removal of conditions Timeline🕑

FEB/09/21   - Pkg sent from my location: Florida.

FEB/10/21   - Pkg Rcvd at Phoenix, AZ PO.BOX.

MAR/16/21 - Credit card charged $680.

MAR/20/21 - SMS with case number received.  Service center: MSC

MAR/22/21 - I-797 (18 months) Received on the mail

JUL/06/21 - Biometrics appointment rcvd on the mail.

JUL/20/21 - Fingerprints taken

NOV/10/21 - Case Is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

DEC/06/21 - Interview scheduled for Jan/18/22

JAN/18/22 - Interview / Permanent green card approved

JAN/19/22 - New card being produced

JAN/24/21 - 10 year green card received on the mail

🕙Citizenship Timeline🕑

MAR/01/22 -Applied for naturalization online

MAR/02/22- NOA received

MAR/05/22- Biometrics scheduled

APR/01/22- Biometrics taken/Case is being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

MAY/30/22- Received interview appointment 

JUL/13/22-Interview- Approved

JUL/15/22- Naturalization ceremony.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Diachka said:

They don't care about "can't" or "why".  However, if his income has consistently been well over the required amount, they may go ahead and issue the visa without seeing the 2018 transcript.  All you can do is all you can do.  It will be what it will be.  They are going to make a judgment call based on what they have in the file and what they decide to consider from what you bring with you.   Don't expect "sympathy" to be a part of their consideration.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
9 hours ago, DamilolaA said:

I had my interview this month, and I was not asked for the 2018 tax transcripts even though i had it at the time, and the most recent tax transcripts uploaded to CEAC was 2017. Hopefully, you get lucky and they dont ask you at the interview.

Thank you! I hope so too. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

There have been a few people put into AP until they submit their transcripts..Dont mess with CEAC anymore...bring the letter with you to the interview...you should just be ok with 2017

Thank you for the advise! I also saw some cases put on AP but not due to the extension. Seems like some people provided tax return forms, but CO wanted the transcript. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Beverlyr said:

Hello I am on the same situation as you, and this is what they say about tax extensions on the Travel state webpage instructions (step 4). So I don't think it would go to AP if you provide proof of extension, just take it to the interview, they will not review it on ceac.

Let me know how your interview goes, mine is on May 3rd. Good luck!!!

20190418_184941.thumb.jpg.072c4efbb89c8be02a8a4dfbe3ecb6a7.jpg

Thank you so much! I will let you know. Good luck to you too! ☺️

Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

They don't care about "can't" or "why".  However, if his income has consistently been well over the required amount, they may go ahead and issue the visa without seeing the 2018 transcript.  All you can do is all you can do.  It will be what it will be.  They are going to make a judgment call based on what they have in the file and what they decide to consider from what you bring with you.   Don't expect "sympathy" to be a part of their consideration.

You are right, it is what it is. There's nothing we can do now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.