lananhlananh

Help! Greencard for mother since July 2017

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I applied green card for my mom when she was here in the US on 7/2017. 

- 2/2018: asked for another biometric 

- 6/2018: asked for another health check up

- 7/2018: asked for more evidence: my mom's marriage certificate and my marriage certificate and divorce decree, my mom's police clearance record from her hometown

- 12/2018: after a long wait, i called in to check the status, they said they never received it, deadline to submit was on 11/7/2018, i sent the same requested documents along with tracking label as proof of my first package delivery to USCIS before deadline

- 2/2019: i called in to check the status again, nothing happened, they helped me to file an e requested and said that i should hear something back from them by 3/25/2019

- Today 4/18/2019: i called in again, still nothing happened, system still shows the request for documents to submit by 11/7/2018 ( which i submitted twice so far), another e request was filed today

The customer service lady said normally if they don't receive the requested docs by deadline, they will close the case. But my case still shows pending, it means they may have the requested docs but did not review it yet. Is it true?

Also, in the last letter they sent for more requested docs in 7/2018, it also said it was for final review before granting the greencard, no need to interview.

And what should i do now? Should i reach out some immigration attorney for help since it is way over processing time for I 485, will be 2 years this july.

Any advise?

Thanks

P.S: i forgot to say that i applied I130 and 485 at the same time when my mom was here , and the I 130 was approved

Edited by lananhlananh

I’d go the congressman or senator’s immigration liaison way over getting an immigration attorney. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Did your mom leave the US for vietnam after the i485 was filed? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

1 minute ago, WeGuyGal said:

Did your mom leave the US for vietnam after the i485 was filed? 

yes, she did and she came back with her reentry permit, some how the officer at the airport did not return the reentry permit to her and since she did not know anything, so she left without asking him to return it :( 

2 hours ago, lananhlananh said:

yes, she did and she came back with her reentry permit, some how the officer at the airport did not return the reentry permit to her and since she did not know anything, so she left without asking him to return it :( 

You mean advance parole? A re-entry permit is for someone who already has a green card.

6 minutes ago, lananhlananh said:

You can apply I 130, I 485, I 131, I 766 at the same time for your parents/spouse as the same time when they are in the US, and also USCIS only charge you the fee for I130 and 485 only.

You can apply for anything you want, but only advance parole works to leave and re-enter the US while an AOS petition is pending.i presume your mom had an approved AP before she left.

Edited by SusieQQQ

3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

You can apply for anything you want, but only advance parole works to leave and re-enter the US while an AOS petition is pending.i presume your mom had an approved AP before she left.

Yes, but when she came back, the officer at airport stamped her passport but did not return that paper.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.