HappyAndIKnowIt

B2 Tourist Visa Extension

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Roel said:

Yeah I wonder if they actually did put that as a reason. Or did they come up with something else and lied. 

Well, they had an attorney prepare it, so ...

Timeline
9 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Seems like your soon to be ex-wife has a plan.  Keep mom around until she can get US citizenship and file to adjust mom's status.

Daddy has plans of his own, which include providing USCIS ample evidence against their extension application.

2 minutes ago, HappyAndIKnowIt said:

Well, they had an attorney prepare it, so ...

Might be a good idea to report that attorney since he should know that they are breaking immigration law.. 

I mean if you're really want to be vicious you can call USCIS and report fraud. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Yeah, this was poor planning. So MIL's ability to be able to travel back to the US is now relying on whether or not the extension is approved. Does she know that if it is denied then your MIL will have accrued overstay of her visa, thus making it possible for her to lose it?

From what she has told me, her attorney promised her it would be approved.  I'm guessing he didn't anticipate my response.

I'm pretty sure if it's denied, she WILL lose the visa.  I think it's automatically voided.  I don't know how much more difficult it will be for her to get another visa, then if she does, to get past USCIS at the PoE.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Roel said:

Might be a good idea to report that attorney since he should know that they are breaking immigration law.. 

Ha. Ha.  Good one.  There's nothing to report the attorney for.  Perfectly legal to help someone file for an extension.  USCIS will be the judge.  

What law did the attorney break?  

3 minutes ago, HappyAndIKnowIt said:

From what she has told me, her attorney promised her it would be approved.  I'm guessing he didn't anticipate my response.

I'm pretty sure if it's denied, she WILL lose the visa.  I think it's automatically voided.  I don't know how much more difficult it will be for her to get another visa, then if she does, to get past USCIS at the PoE.

Let them use that attorney who will file anything for a buck.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Roel said:

Nothing vicious about trying to protect myself and my son from my wife's stupidly signing the affidavit of support.

Incidentally, I visited them about a week ago with some evidence, but since I didn't know which Service Center was processing the application, nor the receipt number at the time, the USCIS rep took the information and gave it to their fraud department.

I can't say for sure that it's fraud because I don't know what they said in the application, but I'm sure USCIS can find out ...

The sad part of this is that I don't want my wife to have screwed up her own immigration situation, as I want our son to have his mother here.  I am banking on it being very unlikely that she won't be able to stay, but she seems to do some really irrational things, especially when it comes to protecting her mother.

1 minute ago, HappyAndIKnowIt said:

Nothing vicious about trying to protect myself and my son from my wife's stupidly signing the affidavit of support. 

As already noted, no such thing is used for a tourist visa. If one was provided, it will not impact the result. It does help a lawyer try to justify their expenses, though....that's my guess as to why one was provided.

An I-134 is not legally enforceable. Nothing that you own is at risk by her signing any such document.

If she sponsors her mother for a green card, then an I-864 comes into play, which is enforceable. Even then, assets listed are not collateral. No lien is made against them either.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

The I-134 is meaningless.  Once the extension is denied, it goes away. 

That is precisely the reason I provided the evidence against.  Application denial and the affidavit of support disappears like a fart in the wind.  Immigration consequences to MIL are not my purpose, but they are certainly acceptable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How would your comments tie up with her application?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

What’s you main problem? Her affidavit of support or her mother’s extension?

Affidavit of support could be i134 or just a statement from your wife on a paper saying she would cover the cost of her mom’s stay for the intended duration.

Reason of extension could simply be her mom wants to spend some more time with her daughter and the grandkid. 

None of the above two reasons would affect you in any way. So what do you get out of it? Just a sweet revenge of getting divorced?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
28 minutes ago, HappyAndIKnowIt said:

That is precisely the reason I provided the evidence against.  Application denial and the affidavit of support disappears like a fart in the wind.  Immigration consequences to MIL are not my purpose, but they are certainly acceptable.

You are wasting time and energy on something that will fail anyways.  You didn't provide evidence.  You provided your version of the story.  

You're spinning your wheels for nothing.

Best of luck.

Adios.  

11 minutes ago, arken said:

Affidavit of support could be i134 or just a statement from your wife on a paper saying she would cover the cost of her mom’s stay for the intended duration. AOS is not part of the i539 afaik

Reason of extension could simply be her mom wants to spend some more time with her daughter and the grandkid. What, 6 months ain't enough? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.