Theodoris92

Medical Results Delayed (Dominican Republic)

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife's medical results have been delayed. She had her interview on April 2nd, and was told that she needed to go back to the consultorio de visa. They had her complete additional urine tests. She originally went to this hospital two weeks prior to the interview, but the results weren't ready. 

- She has used marijuana in the past 30 days, is this something which could further delay processing?

- In the past, she also tested positive for Hepatitis A over a month ago. From what I've read online, it isn't listed as one of the "diseases of public significance" according to the USCIS webiste. Am I right to assume this shouldn't cause a problem? 

Do we have anything to worry about her? Does anyone else have any previous experiences, insight, or knowledge about how the about two scenarios can affect processing? My stepson already had his visa issued, it took only a week after the interview for it to be printed so it  seems they're processing them fast in DR. Right now, the only problem and delay seems to be going on with my wife's tests.

Thanks,

Theodori 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Eddyrhn said:

Can you tell me what happened?

Hey, 

So we were notified of her 1 yr ban on Thursday for drug use (marijuana), followed by the official letter on Friday. The letter basically states that the decision can be overcome in a year with no medical tests showing she's clean. 

Edited by Theodoris92

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Theodoris92 said:

Hey, 

So we were notified of her 1 yr ban on Thursday for drug use (marijuana), followed by the official letter on Friday. The letter basically states that the decision can be overcome in a year with no medical tests showing she's clean. 

Sorry to hear that, so her drugs test was positive for marijuana ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.