10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi All,

So before I decided to post this, I did a research here on the same topic and found some but they were dated 2017 or earlier. So that we stay current Im posting my question so I can get timelines and answers from people and see what they experienced from the same email for this year 2019. After placing an inquiry online on 4/4 with USCIS after 6 months of waiting for my NOA2,  I got this email today: 

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

I just want to get a poll from others and see how long before they got a notice of action (no matter what the decision was) after placing the same inquiry with USCIS.

Thanks!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I noticed that if you try to send an electronic "processing taking too long" type of inquiry for a particular USCIS case and USCIS via the electronic system says that the processing time is within normal processing time, the electronic system will not let you make the "processing taking too long" inquiry.  It says to just wait. 

Since you were able to make such an inquiry means your case was taking longer than normal to process.

For the two times that I have been able to make the "processing taking too long" inquiry, I got a relatively quick response like you got and sure enough it didn't take but a few more weeks I got the completed notice in one case and the name change on my green card in my other case.

So it appears that if you are allowed to make a electronic "processing taking too long" inquiry, USCIS does take action relatively quickly.  So it appears they have created a good system here to quicly address longer than normal processing cases.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Juniper said:

I noticed that if you try to send an electronic "processing taking too long" type of inquiry for a particular USCIS case and USCIS via the electronic system says that the processing time is within normal processing time, the electronic system will not let you make the "processing taking too long" inquiry.  It says to just wait. 

Since you were able to make such an inquiry means your case was taking longer than normal to process.

For the two times that I have been able to make the "processing taking too long" inquiry, I got a relatively quick response like you got and sure enough it didn't take but a few more weeks I got the completed notice in one case and the name change on my green card in my other case.

So it appears that if you are allowed to make a electronic "processing taking too long" inquiry, USCIS does take action relatively quickly.  So it appears they have created a good system here to quicly address longer than normal processing cases.

Actually what I sent was I did not receive my approval notice. I didnt see a better option for me and felt it was due. So 5 days later they send me that email. Its possible it triggered them to pull off the dusty shelf, assign to an officer and start the servicing. My fingers are crossed I hear wayyyy before 45 days! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Actually what I sent was I did not receive my approval notice. I didnt see a better option for me and felt it was due. So 5 days later they send me that email. Its possible it triggered them to pull off the dusty shelf, assign to an officer and start the servicing. My fingers are crossed I hear wayyyy before 45 days! 

My experience of two enquires like this was that it was a standard reply that resulted in a canned reply at 44 days .. “your case requires further investigation . Please wait a further  60 days “ 

This buys them more time. The assigning of the enquiry to an agent is not the same as actually moving forward on processing the application . Hope your experience is different , but I wouldn’t expect much. There would be internal agency metrics keeping track of the service enquires and requiring the closure of each enquire within 45 days ..., but the closing of an enquiry does not mean they must actually do something with the application.. just have responded to the service request. 

Timeline
On 4/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, Lil bear said:

My experience of two enquires like this was that it was a standard reply that resulted in a canned reply at 44 days .. “your case requires further investigation . Please wait a further  60 days “ 

This buys them more time. The assigning of the enquiry to an agent is not the same as actually moving forward on processing the application . Hope your experience is different , but I wouldn’t expect much. There would be internal agency metrics keeping track of the service enquires and requiring the closure of each enquire within 45 days ..., but the closing of an enquiry does not mean they must actually do something with the application.. just have responded to the service request. 

It was assigned to an officer per USCIS last Friday. It was assigned as soon as my sent my inquiry. So my fingers are crossed! Thank you for answering!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

On 4/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, SJordanS said:

Hi All,

So before I decided to post this, I did a research here on the same topic and found some but they were dated 2017 or earlier. So that we stay current Im posting my question so I can get timelines and answers from people and see what they experienced from the same email for this year 2019. After placing an inquiry online on 4/4 with USCIS after 6 months of waiting for my NOA2,  I got this email today: 

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

I just want to get a poll from others and see how long before they got a notice of action (no matter what the decision was) after placing the same inquiry with USCIS.

Thanks!

The response you got from USCIS was a standard response I got that same response from my first inquiry which took them about two weeks to answer needless to say the 45 days came and went. My second inquiry was answered within 30 minutes and they told me after telling me in the first response that my case was in adjudication that they could not tell me when my case would be adjudicated and there was no time frame and I had to continue to wait which I did for 299 days!!!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/11/2019 at 10:02 PM, SJordanS said:

Hi All,

Thanks!

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one.  If you are within 'normal processing time' anything you do is a total waste of energy.  Don't call the 800 number.  Don't try and connect with a Tier 2 officer like many on this website would suggest (I fell for that gag... T2s are absolutely useless).  Also, don't log into your online uscis account.  Not hourly.  Not daily.  Not weekly.  FORGET YOUR STINKING PASSWORD !!!

Are you listening?  Can you hear me?  All the above is a TOTAL... WASTE... OF... YOUR... FREAKING... TIME !!!  Save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Unfortunately you just have to wait it out.  Hopefully you don't get beyond the normal processing time window without an answer.  If this happens, you can make an online inquiry.  I would also contact your local congressman NOW and have things queued up and ready to go should you need his/her involvement later (i.e. one day after your normal processing time window has passed).  I have a couple of sources that tell me if you are beyond the normal processing time window and your congressman's immigration attorney sends an inquiry on your behalf that usually pushes things along rather quickly.  So I am told.

Throughout this entire process, you need to learn one maxim when it comes to the whole immigration process.  The uscis is the fly in the ointment, the proverbial monkey wrench, the king-sized hemorrhoid in your life.  They have zero transparency and every CSR I have spoken with couldn't be more unhelpful or unfriendly.  Well... except for one young guy... not a T2... who actually thanked me for being so polite if you can believe it.  I am not kind to the uscis here on VJ but I understand you catch more flies with honey so I have been calm, civil and pleasant when I have been on the phone with them.  Apparently this young guy has come across some pretty aggressive characters on the phone.  Regrettably he was of no help to me and the T2 he connected me with told me nothing... nathan... nada.  Hence, my advice you don't frustrate yourself by actually calling these guys.

Good luck.  I hope you hear something favorable soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, GaryK said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one.  If you are within 'normal processing time' anything you do is a total waste of energy.  Don't call the 800 number.  Don't try and connect with a Tier 2 officer like many on this website would suggest (I fell for that gag... T2s are absolutely useless).  Also, don't log into your online uscis account.  Not hourly.  Not daily.  Not weekly.  FORGET YOUR STINKING PASSWORD !!!

Are you listening?  Can you hear me?  All the above is a TOTAL... WASTE... OF... YOUR... FREAKING... TIME !!!  Save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Unfortunately you just have to wait it out.  Hopefully you don't get beyond the normal processing time window without an answer.  If this happens, you can make an online inquiry.  I would also contact your local congressman NOW and have things queued up and ready to go should you need his/her involvement later (i.e. one day after your normal processing time window has passed).  I have a couple of sources that tell me if you are beyond the normal processing time window and your congressman's immigration attorney sends an inquiry on your behalf that usually pushes things along rather quickly.  So I am told.

Throughout this entire process, you need to learn one maxim when it comes to the whole immigration process.  The uscis is the fly in the ointment, the proverbial monkey wrench, the king-sized hemorrhoid in your life.  They have zero transparency and every CSR I have spoken with couldn't be more unhelpful or unfriendly.  Well... except for one young guy... not a T2... who actually thanked me for being so polite if you can believe it.  I am not kind to the uscis here on VJ but I understand you catch more flies with honey so I have been calm, civil and pleasant when I have been on the phone with them.  Apparently this young guy has come across some pretty aggressive characters on the phone.  Regrettably he was of no help to me and the T2 he connected me with told me nothing... nathan... nada.  Hence, my advice you don't frustrate yourself by actually calling these guys.

Good luck.  I hope you hear something favorable soon.

Hey Zoeeeeeee... if you're reading this check out SJordanS's VJ timeline.  He was told his case may be adjudicated back in January.

SJordanS... one other maxim... pay no attention to that VJ timeline.  VJ likes to suggest a date range when your case may (operative word) be adjudicated.  May... may... may.  Your case may be adjudicated between <from date> and <to date>.  And there may be roses blooming in the Arctic Circle.  And I may be as entertaining as Tom Cruise singing Old Time Rock 'n' Roll in Risky Business.

The problem is the VJ timeline's success rate may not be bad if you're a major league hitter but stinks otherwise.

Timeline
On 4/21/2019 at 5:28 PM, GaryK said:

Hey Zoeeeeeee... if you're reading this check out SJordanS's VJ timeline.  He was told his case may be adjudicated back in January.

SJordanS... one other maxim... pay no attention to that VJ timeline.  VJ likes to suggest a date range when your case may (operative word) be adjudicated.  May... may... may.  Your case may be adjudicated between <from date> and <to date>.  And there may be roses blooming in the Arctic Circle.  And I may be as entertaining as Tom Cruise singing Old Time Rock 'n' Roll in Risky Business.

The problem is the VJ timeline's success rate may not be bad if you're a major league hitter but stinks otherwise.

Oh I dont pay attention to VJ timeline at all. I ignored it all together. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.