Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, Ajt3 said:

Really sad to hear that. Did u apply for citizenship yet? And about your ROC try calling the service center and ask what's going on. I heard MSC was faster. But Now seems like it is not 😒

Yeah I did apply for the citizenship last Nov 2019 and haven't heard anything on that as well after my biometrics in the Dec 2019. Hoping to get something moving soon.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, jd2502 said:

Yeah I did apply for the citizenship last Nov 2019 and haven't heard anything on that as well after my biometrics in the Dec 2019. Hoping to get something moving soon.

That's like 8months already. I guess becoz of Covid and stuffs things getting delayed.Hang in there. Hopefully something soon ✌️ or you can always call and find out what's going on with your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My receipt number starting MSC. What to expect? I see someone said MSC cases are more likely to have interview. Is it true? Thanks.

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Timeline
22 hours ago, Ajt3 said:

That's like 8months already. I guess becoz of Covid and stuffs things getting delayed.Hang in there. Hopefully something soon ✌️ or you can always call and find out what's going on with your case.

Yeah been hanging in there for quite a long time now. I dont know what they are looking to get out this delays. Seems like its not moving at all in some cases. I don't think ROC file will even move from the reviews I have seen here in other forums. Until your Citizenship interview is scheduled and then they see that 751 is pending so they clear at that point only. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jd2502 said:

Yeah been hanging in there for quite a long time now. I dont know what they are looking to get out this delays. Seems like its not moving at all in some cases. I don't think ROC file will even move from the reviews I have seen here in other forums. Until your Citizenship interview is scheduled and then they see that 751 is pending so they clear at that point only

I agree. I think since last couple years I 751 started taking a long time. I checked forums, before even in 2017 it used to take like 6-7 months to get it done. But now eternity. All we can do is wait😒

1 hour ago, jd2502 said:

Yeah been hanging in there for quite a long time now. I dont know what they are looking to get out this delays. Seems like its not moving at all in some cases. I don't think ROC file will even move from the reviews I have seen here in other forums. Until your Citizenship interview is scheduled and then they see that 751 is pending so they clear at that point only. 

Btw Have u travelled outside the country with extension letter?

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

I agree. I think since last couple years I 751 started taking a long time. I checked forums, before even in 2017 it used to take like 6-7 months to get it done. But now eternity. All we can do is wait😒

Btw Have u travelled outside the country with extension letter?

yeah I did travel this year in feb internationally. You just have to carry letter with your green card to show them as proof when needed at immigration.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, jd2502 said:

yeah I did travel this year in feb internationally. You just have to carry letter with your green card to show them as proof when needed at immigration.

I am planning to travel to India. Where u went and on the way back, specially entering in the USA was there any problem with the letter?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

I am planning to travel to India. Where u went and on the way back, specially entering in the USA was there any problem with the letter?

No I didnt have any problems going out or coming into US. It was only asked from me at the connecting airports if any you have in between. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jd2502 said:

No I didnt have any problems going out or coming into US. It was only asked from me at the connecting airports if any you have in between. 

Yes. I am gonna Take Emirates. Boston to India and one stop in Dubai. If u don't mind telling which airport u took your flight from?

I am more concerning of coming back. hopefully It won't be a problem with the extension letter. I guess CBP officials are aware of the letter.

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 2:54 PM, Ajt3 said:

Yes. I am gonna Take Emirates. Boston to India and one stop in Dubai. If u don't mind telling which airport u took your flight from?

I am more concerning of coming back. hopefully It won't be a problem with the extension letter. I guess CBP officials are aware of the letter.

Yes they are aware of the letter and they do not question while going from here or coming back into US. Its just the connecting airports my ask you to show it when they see your GC with an expired dates. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I saw a lot people had their previous biometrics applied. I think because they got biometrics taken in the US through K1 visas process. I wonder if CR1 visas had biometrics taken in the visa interviews at their home country's US consulates? If so would those biometrics also be applied too?  Thanks.

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
17 minutes ago, hopelifebetter201 said:

I saw a lot people had their previous biometrics applied. I think because they got biometrics taken in the US through K1 visas process. I wonder if CR1 visas had biometrics taken in the visa interviews at their home country's US consulates? If so would those biometrics also be applied too?  Thanks.

Wondering the same thing. My husband came on a CR-1. He got his extension letter in April. Nothing has happened since. I’m assuming because of covid. So, I’m sure he will have to do his biometrics and have an interview but who knows when. He will be applying for citizenship in Jan so hopefully it’ll all be merged together and be done. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 2:54 PM, Ajt3 said:

I had a family friend travel to India back in Jan 2020 and return without any problem. You have to just show your letter and GC even if it is expired. 

Side note: traveling to India during this COVID situation is like taking part in ninja! Stay safe!! 🤗

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Timeline
3 hours ago, rajeejunie said:

I had a family friend travel to India back in Jan 2020 and return without any problem. You have to just show your letter and GC even if it is expired. 

Side note: traveling to India during this COVID situation is like taking part in ninja! Stay safe!! 🤗

Then it must not be any problem with the extension letter .. thank u and yes. I am worried of travelling there. But it is 3months far .. so things might get changed .Just hopeful about it.🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.