Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

Did your spouse do her oath ceremony as well? And received her naturalinaction cert?

Yes she did receive oath and certificate in the end.

I'm trying to contact uscis over the phone but Its not transferring my call to the agent. Generally if you say "technical support" it transfer you call to the agent but its not working this time. Does anyone know how to get through the recording? I'm at MSC service center. Case status is 'ready to schedule interview' since November 2021.

3 hours ago, NMandAD said:

I'm trying to contact uscis over the phone but Its not transferring my call to the agent. Generally if you say "technical support" it transfer you call to the agent but its not working this time. Does anyone know how to get through the recording? I'm at MSC service center. Case status is 'ready to schedule interview' since November 2021.

Yeah it is very frustrating to get through the call center and when I insisted for customer service the system hanged up the call. I suggest you mentione in automated system that you need a stamp for travel and when you get through ask your question.

10 minutes ago, hasmax80 said:

Yeah it is very frustrating to get through the call center and when I insisted for customer service the system hanged up the call. I suggest you mentione in automated system that you need a stamp for travel and when you get through ask your question.

How long before your extension letter expires can you request a stamp? 

3 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

You can request extension letter as soon as it expires. I suggested this just to allow you to go through automated system 😆 

9 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Based on some recent responses on the forum, 30 days. It also helps to have a reason why you're asking for it (travel, job appication etc)

Edited by OldUser

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Similar experience to @mtldesai809 post:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/703367-processing-times-i-751-for-msc-national-benefits-center/?do=findComment&comment=10733356

My spouse had her N400 interview today @ Newark, NJ. Lasted not more than 10mins. Right after the N400 interview she was also informed her I-751 interview was waived and automatically approved. Even though, I went with her to the appointment, I was never called. She did oath and received naturalization cert same day. Altogether, we were there by 1:30p and out by 4:00pm.

Edited by nastra30

16 hours ago, OldUser said:

Based on some recent responses on the forum, 30 days. It also helps to have a reason why you're asking for it (travel, job appication etc)

16 hours ago, hasmax80 said:

You can request extension letter as soon as it expires. I suggested this just to allow you to go through automated system 😆 

Thanks, good to know.

Mine expires December 18th but I'm on a cruise from 16th-19th and then 19th-24th. 

53 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Thanks, good to know.

Mine expires December 18th but I'm on a cruise from 16th-19th and then 19th-24th. 

When my wife made request she received an appointment within 3 weeks. I suggest you make the request by October just to have the stamp.  Mention you plan to travel in December. The stamp is valid for 1 year.

Edited by hasmax80

USCIS notice for interview scheduled was on September 13, 2022 which is for combo I-751 and N-400. Based on my reading is that the interview notice is mailed min 5 days. I was curious to get the date sooner and even was tempted to call customer service. Today I logged in my account for the second time (my N-400 was online). I noticed a link with title interview is scheduled and when I opened I found tye interview letter scheduled for October 18th 😃 exactly 5 weeks from when the notice has has interview scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How do we find the processing times for i751 for MSC?  Mine was just transferred from Potomac.  Has anyone else experienced this and is it any faster than Potomac?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
1 hour ago, JP John said:

How do we find the processing times for i751 for MSC?  Mine was just transferred from Potomac.  Has anyone else experienced this and is it any faster than Potomac?

We received a letter today in the mail from department of homeland security, was so excited thinking we finally got some good info regarding either the I-751 (filed 4/7/2021 at Potomac) or the N400 (filed 4/8/2022 at Maine)….but instead it just said out I-751 was transferred from Potomac to National Benefits Center. Like you…we are wondering is this good news or just more waiting. We couldn’t find anything on processing times for them, what led me to this topic. So curious for any info anyone has 

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, TogoAfrica said:

We received a letter today in the mail from department of homeland security, was so excited thinking we finally got some good info regarding either the I-751 (filed 4/7/2021 at Potomac) or the N400 (filed 4/8/2022 at Maine)….but instead it just said out I-751 was transferred from Potomac to National Benefits Center. Like you…we are wondering is this good news or just more waiting. We couldn’t find anything on processing times for them, what led me to this topic. So curious for any info anyone has 

Let me know if you find anything out. I am just like you, no clue as to whether we are good or not. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, JP John said:

There is no processing time for MSC I-751 on USCIS yet. That's why we actually have this thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.