Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2021 at 11:44 PM, davidoffbln said:

Just got an email that our interview is scheduled. Don’t have the letter yet. I filed in December 2019. 

How long does it usually take to receive the letter in the mail? I still don’t have it. 

On 12/7/2021 at 1:47 PM, AlexeiMaughan said:

What information did you provide with the form if you don't mind me asking? 

Really sorry for the late response.

I sent the following:

tax returns
photos of my family

car insurance slips

bank statements

plane ticket to mexico for my brothers wedding

financial breakdown for a mortgage of a house we were going to offer (we didn't and got out bid by a lot)

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interview scheduled today, oh my god after 2 years filing  of ROC. Just asking what should I bring on the interview?

1 hour ago, Arnel villarreal said:

Interview scheduled today, oh my god after 2 years filing  of ROC. Just asking what should I bring on the interview?

I brought a continuation of everything I filled with the 751 to account for the 2 years since filing.  All the IO asked for was our original marriage certificate and IDs.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, lsu_mike said:

I brought a continuation of everything I filled with the 751 to account for the 2 years since filing.  All the IO asked for was our original marriage certificate and IDs.  

How was the interview? I was scheduled 01/18/2021. I’m just a lil nervous 

11 minutes ago, Emeaba said:

How was the interview? I was scheduled 01/18/2021. I’m just a lil nervous 

I think it went great. It was yesterday (12/13/21).  IO was super nice. Took us to his office and swore us in.  He asked a few basic questions. We had to verify our identity and signatures on the 751 form we filed.  A few questions about how we met, when we decided to get married, where we got married.  If I had traveled to my wife’s home county. He spent about 3-5 minutes going thru our packet we submitted.  

he told us everything looks good and favorable.  He then asked if we had anything else to add to our file. I handed over our tax returns for the time in between filling and interview. Also pictures and social media screen shots of trips and get togethers with family and friends.  

he looked over some of the pics and told us we would be notified of a decision in 2-3 weeks.  Said if he needed anything else he’d be in touch.  Wished us a merry Christmas as we said goodbye and left his office.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, lsu_mike said:

I think it went great. It was yesterday (12/13/21).  IO was super nice. Took us to his office and swore us in.  He asked a few basic questions. We had to verify our identity and signatures on the 751 form we filed.  A few questions about how we met, when we decided to get married, where we got married.  If I had traveled to my wife’s home county. He spent about 3-5 minutes going thru our packet we submitted.  

he told us everything looks good and favorable.  He then asked if we had anything else to add to our file. I handed over our tax returns for the time in between filling and interview. Also pictures and social media screen shots of trips and get togethers with family and friends.  

he looked over some of the pics and told us we would be notified of a decision in 2-3 weeks.  Said if he needed anything else he’d be in touch.  Wished us a merry Christmas as we said goodbye and left his office.  

Wow! That was awesome. Thanks so much!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, lsu_mike said:

Should I wear a casual shirt on the day of interview?

3 hours ago, Arnel villarreal said:

Should I wear a casual shirt on the day of interview?

Business casual.  We dressed as if we were going to a job interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys, I called USCIS for infopass appointment on 12/01/2021 and today I called again to get update because I haven't received from call them. USCIS told me that we  have send 24 month extension letter in yesterday (12/15/2021). so my question is how long does it take to get letter and what to do with the infopass appointment. My 18 month extension letter will expired on 01/03/2021 so the 24 month letter expire from 01/03/2021 or my green card expiration date. My local office in Newark,NJ.

Edited by mtldesai809
added few lines

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Apparently  my interview was scheduled the beginning of december, however I have not received my letter in the mail yet. 

Any suggestions on how long to wait? I know it’s before the holidays but I don’t want to miss anything because of not receiving the letter

Edited by mrmvkjts

4 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

Apparently  my interview was scheduled the beginning of december, however I have not received my letter in the mail yet. 

Any suggestions on how long to wait? I know it’s before the holidays but I don’t want to miss anything because of not receiving the letter

My wife received her letter about 4 weeks before the interview.  USCIS online status check was updated on November 8 to show “scheduled for interview”. The interview was December 13.  

I would definitely contact USCIS to confirm the interview date.  That’s something you DON’T wanna miss!!

Initiated Divorce Right Before I-751 Joint Filling ROC Interview

Hi Guys, 

I have some URGENT questions.

I filed I751 joint filing back in Jan 2020. We've recently filed for a divorce, and the filing date is Dec 2nd(Final decree will be issued after June according to the family law of California). But on Dec 9th I got an update that our interview had been scheduled. The mail notice just came in yesterday showing that the interview date is Jan 6th. I know I'm not eligible to switch to waiver at the moment because our final decree won't be available until June this year. My questions are: 
- Are we allow to proceed I751 joint petition process at the interview even if we filed for divorce ? My spouse agrees to show up at the interview with me. If not, what can happen?
- If USCIS happens to issue an RFE to me asking for decree, but there's no way I can provide my final decree within that 87 days, what would happen and what should I do?
- What evidences should I bring?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, wtl751 said:

Initiated Divorce Right Before I-751 Joint Filling ROC Interview

Hi Guys, 

I have some URGENT questions.

I filed I751 joint filing back in Jan 2020. We've recently filed for a divorce, and the filing date is Dec 2nd(Final decree will be issued after June according to the family law of California). But on Dec 9th I got an update that our interview had been scheduled. The mail notice just came in yesterday showing that the interview date is Jan 6th. I know I'm not eligible to switch to waiver at the moment because our final decree won't be available until June this year. My questions are: 
- Are we allow to proceed I751 joint petition process at the interview even if we filed for divorce ? My spouse agrees to show up at the interview with me. If not, what can happen?
- If USCIS happens to issue an RFE to me asking for decree, but there's no way I can provide my final decree within that 87 days, what would happen and what should I do?
- What evidences should I bring?

Thank you!

Not completely sure on the 2nd half, but don't show up pretending you're still together because that would be fraud and cause a lot more issues for you. 

The correct course will be to change to a divorce waiver, but I'm not sure the process with waiting for the divorce decree. I think you just keep responding to the RFE till you have the decree in hand? Show evidence that it's currently processing. After that, it's out of your hand and I don't think it can be used against you. 

Edited by HarryWL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.