Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Friends I need your advice.  If I drive to my field office in Miami will I be allowed to enter to get my i551 stamp? Anybody ever tried to enter without appointment? Uscis refuses appoitment due to lack of slots and I'm facing losing my job! 

When I went to mine in Orlando you couldn't get past security without appointment. I would call and get appointment. 

How are you losing your job?

4 hours ago, lottles said:

When I went to mine in Orlando you couldn't get past security without appointment. I would call and get appointment. 

Yeah that makes zero sense 

I need to renew my work badge and since my last  stamp expired, green card and extension expired I have no proof that I can legally work

6 hours ago, lottles said:

They don't want to give me an appointment due to lack of slots available 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I need to renew my work badge and since my last  stamp expired, green card and extension expired I have no proof that I can legally work

Well....all I can offer is to call again and get next available appointment. I was informed to call a month ahead of expiration and had time to spare so I can't imagine you will have long to wait. Surely they are not booked forever....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

How are you at risk for losing your job?  Employee verification happens initially and then that's it...I can see challenges if you are changing jobs.

Edited by Duncan21

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

1 minute ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I need to renew my work badge. In order to do it I need a valid green card or stamp i551. 

Call and ask for a talk with an officer (second tier)  Keep calling until you will be able to talk with someone compassionate and knowledgeable. 

And that's for an expedite criteria:

"Job loss may be sufficient to establish severe financial loss for a person, depending on the individual circumstances" 

There is also an option to write a letter to your Field Office (not an usual route but since you have a pressing matter, then why not?) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I need to renew my work badge. In order to do it I need a valid green card or stamp i551. 

If your HR refuses to verify your eligibility online, please call USCIS and request the appointment, that's what I personally did, the next day another agent called me back and scheduled the appointment for me.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:43 AM, Duncan21 said:

How are you at risk for losing your job?  Employee verification happens initially and then that's it...I can see challenges if you are changing jobs.

Not even, you only need your social security card and drivers license for initial employment verification. You're not legally obligated to provide your green card. And your SS check will confirm you're legally able to work in the United States. So I don't understand the OP's dilemma. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.