DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Congratulations! If you don’t mind I ask , did your case ever changed to “interview is ready to be scheduled “  at the San Diego local office? 

Thanks.

Our case had been "ready to be scheduled" since a few days after Anastasia's biometrics.

We don't have the letter yet, but since San Diego is by far the closest office (and the one that's supposed to cover our zip code), San Diego isn't especially slow and the next-closest offices are all slower than San Diego (except possibly Imperial), I'm almost certain we'll be heading downtown sometime in mid to late September.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
16 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Thanks.

Our case had been "ready to be scheduled" since a few days after Anastasia's biometrics.

We don't have the letter yet, but since San Diego is by far the closest office (and the one that's supposed to cover our zip code), San Diego isn't especially slow and the next-closest offices are all slower than San Diego (except possibly Imperial), I'm almost certain we'll be heading downtown sometime in mid to late September.

I’m in the San Diego county so I think San Diego should be my office too. I’m so happy to see cases moving forward in this area.  It’s been 30 days since my biometrics. Fingers crossed they don’t get any slower. Again, congratulations. 

I’ll be be checking your profile for updates  lol  

thanks for replying 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's great to see March EADs moving forward, current date for inquiry on USCIS is March 24th. We filed early on in April so I am really hoping we will hear something within the next 4 weeks or so. Crossing our fingers. My husband told me that he's feeling very depressed being unable to work for this long. I really wish I could help him more. I work full time and I'm in school full time so it's been really hard for me to find enough time to entertain him. He feels trapped in the house, lonely and depressed. I feel so sad for him and I don't know what to do. I keep telling him to stay positive and try to find little things to do to keep busy but I think not working just bleeds apathy into everything. I don't have many friends as it is, so it's not like I can introduce him to many people either. I dont want to get his hopes up and tell him it could be within the next month, because we all know how unreliable USCIS is. What are you or your spouses doing to pass time until getting a job? We're feeling hopeless here. 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

41 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

It's great to see March EADs moving forward, current date for inquiry on USCIS is March 24th. We filed early on in April so I am really hoping we will hear something within the next 4 weeks or so. Crossing our fingers. My husband told me that he's feeling very depressed being unable to work for this long. I really wish I could help him more. I work full time and I'm in school full time so it's been really hard for me to find enough time to entertain him. He feels trapped in the house, lonely and depressed. I feel so sad for him and I don't know what to do. I keep telling him to stay positive and try to find little things to do to keep busy but I think not working just bleeds apathy into everything. I don't have many friends as it is, so it's not like I can introduce him to many people either. I dont want to get his hopes up and tell him it could be within the next month, because we all know how unreliable USCIS is. What are you or your spouses doing to pass time until getting a job? We're feeling hopeless here. 

I’m sorry he feels that way. I managed to find wifey an unpaid internship and I’ve heard of people volunteering and stuff. I think he should look into that? And maybe he should start applying for jobs since the hiring process takes a while at most companies so he can have an offer by the time he gets his EAD.

Naturalization

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Package Filed

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Biometrics Reused

Day 038 - 02/03/2024 Interview Notice

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 N-400 Interview

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 Oath Scheduled

Day 117 - 04/22/2024 Oath Ceremony

ROC 

Day 000 - 10/04/2021 Package mailed

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 Package arrived at Phoenix PO Box

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 NOA1 Date

Day 004 - 10/08/2021 Credit card charged

Day 012 - 10/16/2021 NOA1 Received

Day 016 - 10/20/2021 Notification that biometrics were waived

Day 035 - 11/08/2021 Biometrics waived NOA received

Day 696 - 08/31/2023 NOA Approval Received

Day 702 - 09/06/2023 Green card in hand

AOS 

Day 000 - 04/08/2019 Package mailed

Day 001 - 04/09/2019 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex

Day 010 - 04/17/2019 Check cashed

Day 035 - 05/12/2019 NOA1 received in the mail

Day 047 - 05/24/2019 Biometrics notice received in the mail for 06/05/2019

Day 051 - 05/28/2019 Biometrics - Early walk-in

Day 119 - 08/02/2019 InfoPass to apply for Emergency AP (Approved)

Day 120 - 08/03/2019 EAD Card in production

Day 179 - 10/03/2019 Interview Notice

Day 213 - 11/06/2019 Interview 

Day 219 - 11/12/2019 I-130 & I-485 Approval Notice Received (Approved 11/06/2019)

Day 220 - 11/13/2019 Email Notification (Card was mailed)

Day 221 - 11/14/2019 Green card in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

Luckily my wife has our 9 month old baby to keep her occupied, but like a few have already said, the lack of public transportation in a lot of the USA is the depressing factor as she is use to just hopping on the bus and going to places in both of the countries she has lived in. Though, I have to teach her how to drive (Uuuiiiiiii).

We live in a large apartment complex so she can go out, walk, talk to neighbors (most are old people who just love having someone to talk to), etc. 

Are there sidewalks for your spouse to walk around / develop a fitness routine? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
19 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

Hi! I also filed early april and really looking forward for the EAD....I think is unbelivable that the wait went up! I saw the processing time for the I 129F going down to 3 months (mine took almost 7 last year!) And I was hoping to see the EAD time going down as well...but it went up it seems!!! It is really frustrating....I saw timeline if 5 months an other of even 9 months!!! I would like to begin to apply to jobs but with all this uncertainty I dont know what to do. March 24 is the date inquire? Is it the date they received the application or the NOA1 date? Anyway that's great news!!! The uscis website seems more optimistic than VJ timelines.... Let's hope for the best 

Edited by Chiara_5

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
19 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

What I am doing is losing my God damn mind in this house alone. My husband is a high school teacher so I had two months with him over the summer and that was great but now school has start again I find my self being depress and longing for socializing. My interview is next week so I’m trying to be positive and wait but there isn’t nothing much you can do really to help him and I think this situation is harder on men. What I do to pass the time is clean, cook (love trying new dishes), and rearranging the house stuff guys not to fancy about lol. I hope you hear good news soon on your case.

Timeline

I've seen some comments about not being able to drive. Please check your state requirements about getting a drivers license. Some of them accept the form 797 ou a simple i-94 as prove of status. Once with the Green Card, all you have to do is renew the license.

Here's a document for Texas (see page 3) @BananaButton5https://www.dps.texas.gov/driverlicense/documents/verifyinglawfulpresence.pdf

N-400 - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 177 Days (+124 days for Passport)

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Applied Online

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Biometric Reuse

Day 112 - 12/07/22 - Interview Letter

Day 147 - 01/11/23 - Interview 

Day 177 - 02/10/23 - Oath

Day 301 - 06/14/23 - Passport

ROC - Texas Service Center - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 469 Days

Spoiler

Day 000 - 09/29/21 - Sent Mail

Day 001 - 09/30/21 - ROC Delivered

Day 009 - 10/10/21 - NOA Received in the mail

Day 059 - 11/30/21 - Biometrics

Day 323 - 08/18/22 - Case transferred to another office

Day 382 - 10/16/22 - Fingerprints were applied

Day 469 - 01/11/23 - Approval/Interview

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ - 212 Days

Spoiler

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ

Day 000 - 04/20/19 - Sent Priority Mail (4lb - 12oz, ~700 pages, $19)

Day 001 - 04/24/19 - AOS Delivered

Day 007 - 04/30/19 - Credit Card Charged & Text for NOA.

Day 012 - 05/05/19 - NOA Received in the mail (PD: 04/23/19, RD: 04/23/19)

Day 017 - 05/10/19 - NOA2 Biometrics Appointment (Action Date: 05/03/19)

Day 031 - 05/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment

Day 042 - 06/04/19 - Case Ready to be Scheduled an Interview

Day 160 - 09/27/19 - Interview Scheduled

Day 173 - 10/10/19 - EAD Card in Production

Day 204 - 11/14/19 - Interview Date

Day 204 - 11/14/19 -  Approved and Card in Production

Day 212 - 11/22/19 - Card Received in the Mail

Filed: Other Timeline
20 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

I feel your pain. My husband feels the same way. At first, it was an awesome "staycation" period of playing video games and binge watching TV shows and learning how to cook, etc. But now that all that has worn out, he's falling into this pitiful depression where he feels he's doing nothing with his life and feels useless. I hate seeing him this way and not being able to help. Texas only allows driver licenses during the I-94 period (they expire when the I-94 expires) and I've never been on public transportation and neither has he so we don't know how safe it is here in San Antonio; therefore, he hasn't taken any volunteering opportunities etc. At first, he used to look forward to going to church on Sundays but he feels so bummed he doesn't even wake up for it. And I'm working two jobs so I'm not much help these days. I'm also at a loss on what to do and I hate seeing him this way. I wish this EAD would come soon already.

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
27 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

I feel your pain. My husband feels the same way. At first, it was an awesome "staycation" period of playing video games and binge watching TV shows and learning how to cook, etc. But now that all that has worn out, he's falling into this pitiful depression where he feels he's doing nothing with his life and feels useless. I hate seeing him this way and not being able to help. Texas only allows driver licenses during the I-94 period (they expire when the I-94 expires) and I've never been on public transportation and neither has he so we don't know how safe it is here in San Antonio; therefore, he hasn't taken any volunteering opportunities etc. At first, he used to look forward to going to church on Sundays but he feels so bummed he doesn't even wake up for it. And I'm working two jobs so I'm not much help these days. I'm also at a loss on what to do and I hate seeing him this way. I wish this EAD would come soon already.

I'm curious about the fact that they only accept the i-94. In the PDF that I mentioned above it reads:

Applicants for adjustment of status Note: These are individuals applying to become lawful permanent residents. => Immigration documentation with an alien number or I-94 number This can include but is not limited to a form I-797 indicating pending I-485 or pending application for adjustment of status.

Wouldn't that means that with the NOA you can get your license? 

Also, it is worth noting that some of us don't have an expiration date for the i-94 (D/S). Some even still bound to their original visa. In these cases it is possible to renew the DL with their previous visa paperwork. 

N-400 - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 177 Days (+124 days for Passport)

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Applied Online

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Biometric Reuse

Day 112 - 12/07/22 - Interview Letter

Day 147 - 01/11/23 - Interview 

Day 177 - 02/10/23 - Oath

Day 301 - 06/14/23 - Passport

ROC - Texas Service Center - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 469 Days

Spoiler

Day 000 - 09/29/21 - Sent Mail

Day 001 - 09/30/21 - ROC Delivered

Day 009 - 10/10/21 - NOA Received in the mail

Day 059 - 11/30/21 - Biometrics

Day 323 - 08/18/22 - Case transferred to another office

Day 382 - 10/16/22 - Fingerprints were applied

Day 469 - 01/11/23 - Approval/Interview

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ - 212 Days

Spoiler

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ

Day 000 - 04/20/19 - Sent Priority Mail (4lb - 12oz, ~700 pages, $19)

Day 001 - 04/24/19 - AOS Delivered

Day 007 - 04/30/19 - Credit Card Charged & Text for NOA.

Day 012 - 05/05/19 - NOA Received in the mail (PD: 04/23/19, RD: 04/23/19)

Day 017 - 05/10/19 - NOA2 Biometrics Appointment (Action Date: 05/03/19)

Day 031 - 05/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment

Day 042 - 06/04/19 - Case Ready to be Scheduled an Interview

Day 160 - 09/27/19 - Interview Scheduled

Day 173 - 10/10/19 - EAD Card in Production

Day 204 - 11/14/19 - Interview Date

Day 204 - 11/14/19 -  Approved and Card in Production

Day 212 - 11/22/19 - Card Received in the Mail

7 minutes ago, okland said:

I'm curious about the fact that they only accept the i-94. In the PDF that I mentioned above it reads:

Wouldn't that means that with the NOA you can get your license? 

Also, it is worth noting that some of us don't have an expiration date for the i-94 (D/S). Some even still bound to their original visa. In these cases it is possible to renew the DL with their previous visa paperwork. 

I'm assuming that's an old form that they've not updated on their website. The requirements they follow when you go to the office are these:

https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-15.pdf

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

4 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

I'm assuming that's an old form that they've not updated on their website. The requirements they follow when you go to the office are these:

https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-15.pdf

I'm in Austin TX and was able to get my learner's permit in July of this year. I brought the NOA1s I had for verifying lawful presence:

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/documents/verifyingLawfulPresence.pdf (search "Applicants for adjustment of status Note: These are individuals applying to become lawful permanent residents" catoegory). The DPS officer was nice to us.

Just now, isabel_sh said:

I'm in Austin TX and was able to get my learner's permit in July of this year. I brought the NOA1s I had for verifying lawful presence:

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/documents/verifyingLawfulPresence.pdf (search "Applicants for adjustment of status Note: These are individuals applying to become lawful permanent residents" catoegory). The DPS officer was nice to us.

Was your I94 expired?

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.