1,140 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, llama said:

Thanks, glad we are done with this!

Congrats IIama! I bet its a relief. What was your NOA receipt date?  Did you have interview before during conditional GC process? Also, did you guys have proof of joint bank account and co-owned assets?

Earliest date of filing: May 26 2019

Package Delivered: May 29th 10AM via UPS Overnight 

Money Order Paid: June 03 2019

Text Message with LIN# : Jun 04 2019 6:18PM

NOA Received : Jun 06 2019 (dated  05/31/2019)

Biometrics appointment letter received: 10/11/2019

Biometrics completed: 10/21/2019

Online Approval: 04/17/2020 " new card is being produced"

1 hour ago, Rash1804 said:

Congrats IIama! I bet its a relief. What was your NOA receipt date?  Did you have interview before during conditional GC process? Also, did you guys have proof of joint bank account and co-owned assets?

Hey rash, we did the process when he was back home so he came in on a 2 year gc I think our noa date was sometimes in late April. The only proof we had was lease, joint tax returns, pictures and a loan for school. That’s it. 

39 minutes ago, lauren12 said:

any updates for people who says their case was received April 30th or around that date? Just have gotten the extension letter but nothing else. 

Mid-April filer. Recent approvals and updates on Case tracker app suggests they are near April cases if not already working on them. So like Africanqueen19, expect a decision by month end or mid March. My guess

Hey everyone.

I posted last year when this thread was opened and wanted to give a quick update on my WAC application. 

-I filed early April, last year and had my extension letter within few days. 

-Waited till early December to get my Biometrics. I had to move it because I was traveling (FYI: I travelled out of country through-out my process with no issues on an expired green-card and ext letter).

-Rescheduled and completed my Bio, end of Dec.

-Approval and Green card received early Feb. (without interview which was great)

My case moved a bunch of times in between centers, but came to my home state of CA at the end. I am already close to when I can file for my citizenship, so that will be the next process to start:)

Lessons learned:

-The process takes its own sweet time so don't worry.

-The moving of your case has nothing to do with incomplete submission, or escalation. Its completely depended on how much work the center can handle. 

-My doc submission was a simple file, but it had everything needed, so don't stress out on whether your file is missing information.

-I didn't go through a lawyer because it was easy and I would do the same with my citizenship process, but if you are not comfortable, get professional help.  

Good luck to everyone in process.

Edited by kittyK

20 hours ago, lauren12 said:

any updates for people who says their case was received April 30th or around that date? Just have gotten the extension letter but nothing else. 

We submitted end of April and are in the same boat as you--have received the extension letter, but no updates since June 2019 when hubby did biometrics.

Edited by Linyahui

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

On 2/20/2020 at 9:24 PM, kittyK said:

Hey everyone.

I posted last year when this thread was opened and wanted to give a quick update on my WAC application. 

-I filed early April, last year and had my extension letter within few days. 

-Waited till early December to get my Biometrics. I had to move it because I was traveling (FYI: I travelled out of country through-out my process with no issues on an expired green-card and ext letter).

-Rescheduled and completed my Bio, end of Dec.

-Approval and Green card received early Feb. (without interview which was great)

My case moved a bunch of times in between centers, but came to my home state of CA at the end. I am already close to when I can file for my citizenship, so that will be the next process to start:)

Lessons learned:

-The process takes its own sweet time so don't worry.

-The moving of your case has nothing to do with incomplete submission, or escalation. Its completely depended on how much work the center can handle. 

-My doc submission was a simple file, but it had everything needed, so don't stress out on whether your file is missing information.

-I didn't go through a lawyer because it was easy and I would do the same with my citizenship process, but if you are not comfortable, get professional help.  

Good luck to everyone in process.

Congratulations!

It's agreeable that it's completely depended on how much work the center can handle - however, I wonder how come the cases from the same month in the same center get approved/delayed for months... Instead of all us getting approved around the same time.

Got approved today...card being produced. I can finally say I'm done. Lord i am grateful. It was quite a journey. Gosh 

Submitted April 9th

Biometrics October 18th

Approved February 26th

Taking a bow finally...good luck to all waiting. It's been one hell of a journey I must say.

My center was Nebraska with a Lin receipt number.

8 minutes ago, Africanqueen19 said:

Got approved today...card being produced. I can finally say I'm done. Lord i am grateful. It was quite a journey. Gosh 

Submitted April 9th

Biometrics October 18th

Approved February 26th

Taking a bow finally...good luck to all waiting. It's been one hell of a journey I must say.

Wow congrats that great news ..do you mind telling when you filed and the last part of your num

11 minutes ago, Africanqueen19 said:

Submitted April 9th

Biometrics October 18th

Approved February 26th

Congrats! Which initial visa were you on K1 or CR1? Can you share lin number without last 3 numbers so we can see how close they are?

K-1 VISA

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Spoiler

N-400

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Jaynwez said:

Mid-April LIN filer. 
Biometric: Oct 15

Card Ordered: Feb 22

Congrats to those approved recently, Goodluck to those waiting on a decision!

Congrats!! Same question for you  - K1 or CR1 and can you share LIN number without last 3 numbers so wee where they're at?

Thanks!!

K-1 VISA

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Spoiler

N-400

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Kimkim21 said:

Wow congrats that great news ..do you mind telling when you filed and the last part of your num

Sorry I thought you were an EAC filer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.