1,140 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, llama said:

This is true, we got our letter and the appointment is next week. 

Fingers crossed this will not be the case for me... Which service center do you have?

• 4 weeks later...

Ready to schedule for interview received 7/24/2019.  It took 3 months.  MSC case.

Date Filed : 2019-04-22
NOA Date : 2019-04-25
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-05-23
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  
Comments : 7/24/2019 ready to be scheduled for interview

Timeline
3 hours ago, MLK2016 said:

Ready to schedule for interview received 7/24/2019.  It took 3 months.  MSC case.

Date Filed : 2019-04-22
NOA Date : 2019-04-25
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-05-23
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  
Comments : 7/24/2019 ready to be scheduled for interview

Great! Congratulations!

Hi all,

I am glad to find my fellow 2019 April filers! Here are some of my status:

Package sent to AZ lockbox: 04/16/2019

Received: 04/18/2019

NOA received in mail: 04/24/2019 WAC center

Current status: Case was transferred to another office as of 07/23/2019

I did not receive any biometric appointment letter or a waiver. Is there anyone who has a similar timeline? I am a bit confused. We interviewed when we first apply for green card two years ago and it was approved on the spot. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Good luck to all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, roadtoPR said:

Hi all,

I am glad to find my fellow 2019 April filers! Here are some of my status:

NOA received in mail: 04/24/2019 WAC center

Current status: Case was transferred to another office as of 07/23/2019

I did not receive any biometric appointment letter or a waiver. Is there anyone who has a similar timeline? I am a bit confused. We interviewed when we first apply for green card two years ago and it was approved on the spot. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Good luck to all!

Biometrics are valid for 15 months, so you will receive a biometrics appointment at some point during your ROC process (could be in a month, could be a year from now).

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

20 hours ago, Scandi said:

Biometrics are valid for 15 months, so you will receive a biometrics appointment at some point during your ROC process (could be in a month, could be a year from now).

Thank you for letting me know. This makes me feel so much better. I thought that my case will stay at WAC for a year until they make any action like transferring. But that is not the case. My case was transferred after three months they received the package. I will update to this thread once I receive the NOA for this action.

On 7/26/2019 at 7:37 AM, roadtoPR said:

Thank you for letting me know. This makes me feel so much better. I thought that my case will stay at WAC for a year until they make any action like transferring. But that is not the case. My case was transferred after three months they received the package. I will update to this thread once I receive the NOA for this action.

Here is an update. 

NOA received in mail: 04/24/2019 WAC center

Transfer notice: Case was transferred to the National Benefits Center on 07/23/2019. The NOA says that the new office now has justification over my case. Nothing about RFE or interview mentioned in the letter.

Is it a typical process for WAC cases? My AOS case was processed at MSC. Any information will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Timeline

I just arrived from traveling abroad with my extension letter. I faced no problems other than not being able to use the automated customs machines at point of entry because my green card is expired.

• 2 weeks later...

My green card expired on 7/12/2019. I filed I-751 with a receipt notice date of 4/19/2019. Sent to AZ lockbox. My receipt number begins with LIN. I received the 18months extension but I am yet to receive any email or mail update yet. No biometric schedule yet. Anyone with similar timeline? We are beginning to feel worried we missed a mail or something. 

Edited by Jaynwez

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jaynwez said:

My green card expired on 7/12/2019. I filed I-751 with a receipt notice date of 4/19/2019. Sent to AZ lockbox. My receipt number begins with LIN. I received the 18months extension but I am yet to receive any email or mail update yet. No biometric schedule yet. Anyone with similar timeline? We are beginning to feel worried we missed a mail or something. 

My case was received 4/08/2019 and I have the extension letter but nothing else. My last status change was 127 days ago... My case starts with WAC. I renewed my driver’s license the other day so I’m hoping there is no problem with the case. Sometimes I worry I might have missed a letter too, but I’m hoping I would have received another letter if that had happened. I guess we just have to be patient. Has anybody called to ask if their case is taking too long?

On 8/13/2019 at 4:13 PM, Jaynwez said:

Some people have received biometrics appointments right away (my husband is one of them) while others receive an appointment later on or even not at all, depending on how quickly the case is processed. I don't think you need to worry about it right now. They may not have gotten to your case yet. You'll probably get a biometrics appointment letter once an officer opens your case. 

On 8/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, Gatsby9 said:

My case was received 4/08/2019 and I have the extension letter but nothing else. My last status change was 127 days ago... My case starts with WAC. I renewed my driver’s license the other day so I’m hoping there is no problem with the case. Sometimes I worry I might have missed a letter too, but I’m hoping I would have received another letter if that had happened. I guess we just have to be patient. Has anybody called to ask if their case is taking too long?

I wouldn't worry too much about the length of time at this point. Although some people have been lucky and had their ROC processed within 3-4 months, it seems the vast majority of us are in for a 12-18 month wait. There's an enormous backlog of immigration cases, so I don't think there is anything to worry about right now. If you were able to renew your driver's license, you're definitely still in status with the extension letter. All we can do now is be patient and live life. 

Edited by Linyahui

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 8/5/2019 at 5:53 AM, RandB said:

I just arrived from traveling abroad with my extension letter. I faced no problems other than not being able to use the automated customs machines at point of entry because my green card is expired.

Hi, I’m traveling abroad in a week and I need to put my passport information on the airline website. But when i put the green card information, it tells me it’s expired (it is, I intend on using the extension letter to come back) and won’t let me continue, but I need to put my passport information before flying. Did you have this problem? Should I put that I don’t have a green card? Or put a fake expiration date?

The airline is not very helpful, they don’t want to risk telling me what to do and have only told me to check the countries regulations but I can’t find any information on my situation.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gatsby9 said:

Hi, I’m traveling abroad in a week and I need to put my passport information on the airline website. But when i put the green card information, it tells me it’s expired (it is, I intend on using the extension letter to come back) and won’t let me continue, but I need to put my passport information before flying. Did you have this problem? Should I put that I don’t have a green card? Or put a fake expiration date?

The airline is not very helpful, they don’t want to risk telling me what to do and have only told me to check the countries regulations but I can’t find any information on my situation.

Thanks.

Two options I would try if it was me 

1. Call CBP and ask

2. Add the time length of the extension to the date on your green card expiry date and use that 

https://www.shusterman.com/pdf/Carrier_Information_Guide_English.pdf

page 10. Section B residents 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.