dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2019

1,277 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, alannah_rose said:

Hey everyone - happy new week.

I have a quick question. We previously were asked to organised a joint sponsor and submit more proof of domicile. So we were organizing all of this, and then our case got updated and everything was accepted. So we called to confirm and they said yep we are organizing the interview with the Sydney consulate. However we have everything they asked for originally so my question is if I upload the Joint sponsor form and the proof of domicile, will this push our case back?

I was told by others on FB that if we brought new documents to the interview and not upload them, they would get us to upload them anyway. But I'm concerned if we upload new docts this will push our interview date back. 

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Did the RFE tell you to take it to the interview or upload the joint sponsor docs to CEAC?   Ours told us to take the docs to the interview (SYD ) 

If NVC is now about to schedule your interview, I would take the docs to the interview. The IO is the one who finally decides if you need a joint sponsor so add it to the docs for  the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrs Oduro said:

I think u shld check ur country members timeline n see which ppl have interview dates or dos dt already had their interviews  to give u an idea cus how long it takes depends on ur embassy 

Alright. Thank you for the feedback 

2 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Did the RFE tell you to take it to the interview or upload the joint sponsor docs to CEAC?   Ours told us to take the docs to the interview (SYD ) 

If NVC is now about to schedule your interview, I would take the docs to the interview. The IO is the one who finally decides if you need a joint sponsor so add it to the docs for  the interview. 

I was able to read the message again and it says "The Consular Officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview." So perhaps based on that I just bring the paperwork with me to the interview, when it gets scheduled?

As for the domicile the message said "[husband] might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the US. Please submit proof of domicile." So i think this one i will need to upload it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, alannah_rose said:

I was able to read the message again and it says "The Consular Officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview." So perhaps based on that I just bring the paperwork with me to the interview, when it gets scheduled?

As for the domicile the message said "[husband] might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the US. Please submit proof of domicile." So i think this one i will need to upload it?

Yes I think so. Definitely take the joint sponsor documents to the interview ... just add it behind the principal sponsor documents. 

Try uploading  the domicile documents .. I have no idea if it will allow you to do so at this stage but you have nothing to lose. Take the originals with you to the interview also!!! 

I’m hoping you get an interview soon. Ours was 6 weeks out from the case complete notification ... but that was 3 years ago. 

But you are nearly there !!  😁

35 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Yes I think so. Definitely take the joint sponsor documents to the interview ... just add it behind the principal sponsor documents. 

Try uploading  the domicile documents .. I have no idea if it will allow you to do so at this stage but you have nothing to lose. Take the originals with you to the interview also!!! 

I’m hoping you get an interview soon. Ours was 6 weeks out from the case complete notification ... but that was 3 years ago. 

But you are nearly there !!  😁

Okay will try! Thanks so much for your help! My sister in law has her interview next week so hopefully ours isn't too far behind!

7 hours ago, Peris said:

Hey good people.

How long does it take to have interview date after NVC approves the documents? Or how can I find out how long my consulate takes to schedule interviews? 

Consulate is in Nairobi, Kenya 

Have you gotten your CC already?

NOA1: Feb 13 2018

NOA2: Feb 15 2019

NVC Case Number assigned: Apr 3 2019

NVC IV Fees paid: Apr 5 2019

DS-260 filled: Apr 10 2019

IV Docs submitted: Apr 12 2019

IV Docs resubmitted: May 1 2019

Case complete: may 3 2019

Expedite requested: May 15 2019

Expedite approved: May 23 2019

Case sent to Consulate: May 24 2018

Case status Ready: May 28 2019

Interview date: June 20 2019

Interview status: Approved

9 hours ago, Jesse+Blaise said:

Hi everyone, our !-130 was approved at the beginning of April. Not sure if I'll be hearing from NVC this month or in may. 

Just so that I know...did anybody else's case status not change on the USCIS website after they received their NOA2? I have checked by calling the automated service and by entering the receipt number online, and it still just says 'application received'. Has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks for any help! :D 

Ours still hasn’t changed since January, lol. Still showing application received. We have CC and waiting for interview date now.

We received i-130 approval by mail.

Edited by Schalcon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Schalcon said:

Ours still hasn’t changed since January, lol. Still showing application received. We have CC and waiting for interview date now.

We received i-130 approval by mail.

hi. what date did you upload/submit your civil and financial documents, and when did you get a CC?

On 4/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, bishnup said:

Mine also same date. USCIS didn’t send nvc yet . Is your case status shows transferred to nvc.

@bishnup.. Anything yet? My case status is still not showing transferred to NVC. How about you? 

NOA2 : March 19th.

Anyone with similar dates got case number?

19 minutes ago, Ammy said:

@bishnup.. Anything yet? My case status is still not showing transferred to NVC. How about you? 

You need to call NVC first and confirm if they received your case...sometime online app don’t get updated...if NVC knowledges that they have received your case then u don’t have to worry about anything...but if NVC don’t have your case as of this date ...u need to call USCIS and speak to Tier 2 officer or supervisor and find out why your case has not been transferred to NVC....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ammy said:

You could do what the person above me said using their Inquiry form, too, if phone isn't an option. Back then, I was waiting quite a bit to get someone on the phone there, and I decided to just e-mail. They replied me within 3 days confirming they had received everything and told us to wait for case number (case number then was assigned ~2 weeks later).

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Edited by luneta

11 minutes ago, luneta said:

You could do what the person above me said using their Inquiry form, too, if phone isn't an option. Back then, I was waiting quite a bit to get someone on the phone there, and I decided to just e-mail. They replied me within 3 days confirming they had received everything and told us to wait for case number (case number then was assigned ~2 weeks later).

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

1 hour ago, The Rock ll said:

You need to call NVC first and confirm if they received your case...sometime online app don’t get updated...if NVC knowledges that they have received your case then u don’t have to worry about anything...but if NVC don’t have your case as of this date ...u need to call USCIS and speak to Tier 2 officer or supervisor and find out why your case has not been transferred to NVC....

Thank you so much for responding, both of you. I will try what you have suggested.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:09 AM, CarlosSeoanes said:

This give me hope that hopefully they approve faster! The person below resubmitted on April 16th and got CC yesterday 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽:

E59D8177-53A4-4483-9598-E50581B4EFE0.jpeg

Hey morning I’m from Senegal and I’m at the Nvc stage right now already paid fees waiting to upload docs but i got a question do I need to upload two photos forma us or just a copy of the biometric page of my spouse 

thanks Good luck on your journey 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Maxino20 said:

Hey morning I’m from Senegal and I’m at the Nvc stage right now already paid fees waiting to upload docs but i got a question do I need to upload two photos forma us or just a copy of the biometric page of my spouse 

thanks Good luck on your journey 

Where it says to upload 2 photos you just need to scan 2 passport photos. For biometric page of passport you need to upload the passport page where it has the picture and passport holder info.

good luck!

16 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Where it says to upload 2 photos you just need to scan 2 passport photos. For biometric page of passport you need to upload the passport page where it has the picture and passport holder info.

good luck!

Oh ok so I just need to upload a scanned of her biometric page of her passport?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.