dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2019

1,277 posts in this topic

if im the sole sponsor for my spouse, should i submit the I864 or the I864EZ? On the NVC website its a bit confusing. Anyone else  submitted one or the other. I also have my Tax account transcripts ( as the IRS.GOV site mentioned that

its the preferred one for immigration purposes) Anyone have a issue with submitting the account transcripts?  i have W2 for the past 2 years but not for 2016, will that be a issue?

3 hours ago, DDP&JDP said:

if im the sole sponsor for my spouse, should i submit the I864 or the I864EZ? On the NVC website its a bit confusing. Anyone else  submitted one or the other. I also have my Tax account transcripts ( as the IRS.GOV site mentioned that

its the preferred one for immigration purposes) Anyone have a issue with submitting the account transcripts?  i have W2 for the past 2 years but not for 2016, will that be a issue?

I used I-864EZ. Submitted April 9, Accepted today. My spouse submitted DS-260 and other documents on April 16, all accepted today. We did it all ourselves by reading thru. the USCIS I-130 instruction and CEAC website.  For I-864EZ, quite simple: 1) You are the petitioner. 2) Your income as shown on 2018 W2 is good enough to sponsor. And 3) Your spouse is the only person immigrating based on your petition. No confusing at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, kimson said:

I used I-864EZ. Submitted April 9, Accepted today. My spouse submitted DS-260 and other documents on April 16, all accepted today. We did it all ourselves by reading thru. the USCIS I-130 instruction and CEAC website.  For I-864EZ, quite simple: 1) You are the petitioner. 2) Your income as shown on 2018 W2 is good enough to sponsor. And 3) Your spouse is the only person immigrating based on your petition. No confusing at all.

Resubmitted a document April 17 at night! If they review first in first out, I shld be getting some update soon! Do you have any idea if they work Saturdays at NVC? Thank you

13 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Resubmitted a document April 17 at night! If they review first in first out, I shld be getting some update soon! Do you have any idea if they work Saturdays at NVC? Thank you

They probably do! I saw some posts that case # emails do come out on weekends sometime... you will get your "Document Qualified" soon. Don't worry, cheer!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kimson said:

They probably do! I saw some posts that case # emails do come out on weekends sometime... you will get your "Document Qualified" soon. Don't worry, cheer!

I did get a Saturday e-mail before for my case and invoice number. 😊 Thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, GiveYurLife2Jesus said:

I wish you luck , pls can you describe to me which tax transcripts you submitted ,I ordered two different transcripts

account transcripts which is just 2 pages and has form number 1040 on it

and  Return Transcripts 

which is about 3 to 4 pages 

Thanks  

NVC Accepts the return transcripts : usually four pages and detailed . If you can please provide w2s with that . All my documents were submitted and accepted however NVC requested my w2s So now I wait due to missing item . I rectified the error in like 30 minutes though lol

They have really slowed down Document approvals, last couple of months, it was averaging 2 weeks, this month it has gone up to 3 weeks apart from a few cases.

NOA1: Feb 13 2018

NOA2: Feb 15 2019

NVC Case Number assigned: Apr 3 2019

NVC IV Fees paid: Apr 5 2019

DS-260 filled: Apr 10 2019

IV Docs submitted: Apr 12 2019

IV Docs resubmitted: May 1 2019

Case complete: may 3 2019

Expedite requested: May 15 2019

Expedite approved: May 23 2019

Case sent to Consulate: May 24 2018

Case status Ready: May 28 2019

Interview date: June 20 2019

Interview status: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, shoowlaar said:

Hello,

you need to redo it... they can easily write it in it... or just do a new one.... to avoid 3 weeks of unnecessary delay. you would have to scan all the documents seperately, if not they will reject it.

Thank you. I have just gone back to have it rectified. I believe it was a mistake from the person typing the form. Submitting our forms this weekend. Finger crossed

Timeline
6 hours ago, dxb_Indian said:

They have really slowed down Document approvals, last couple of months, it was averaging 2 weeks, this month it has gone up to 3 weeks apart from a few cases.

I’ve seen a couple of a week n a few days intervals dis month 

hopefully we dnt wait out 3weeks nxt month Lool 

I submitted again two  documents of petitioner (my son) after correction as requested on Messages on April 13, all other documents have been accepted in 4 days. Since then nothing new happened. How long on average should I wait before all documents are accepted or new messages arrive ? Do I have to call NVC for update or email them?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, E P said:

I submitted again two  documents of petitioner (my son) after correction as requested on Messages on April 13, all other documents have been accepted in 4 days. Since then nothing new happened. How long on average should I wait before all documents are accepted or new messages arrive ? Do I have to call NVC for update or email them?

2-3 weeks. You can also call if you want but they will say the same thing. 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.