dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2019

1,277 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got an update from NVC. All my documents were accepted except for one which was uploaded incorrectly by my lawyer. I resubmitted it within an hour but the 3 weeks wait begins.

I see some people get documents rejected after they were accepted before. That is soo weird. How can you reject it? If it was bad or incorrect why did you even accept it in the first place? Reject once and get it done. This back and forth looses a lot of time.

Hi guys! I’m new to this thread! I submitted my documents to NVC on 4/8 and it got reviewed today. All but one document was accepted because the NVC reciprocity website changed one of the documents they accept after I submitted my documents. I’ll be resubmitting the updated document today but does it really take the full 3 weeks for them to review my resubmission for this document? If anyone has any information, I’d appreciate it!! 

Good luck to all of us 😃😭

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jungy said:

Hi guys! I’m new to this thread! I submitted my documents to NVC on 4/8 and it got reviewed today. All but one document was accepted because the NVC reciprocity website changed one of the documents they accept after I submitted my documents. I’ll be resubmitting the updated document today but does it really take the full 3 weeks for them to review my resubmission for this document? If anyone has any information, I’d appreciate it!! 

Good luck to all of us 😃😭

Welcome!

Unfortunately it does takes up to 3 weeks for them to review resubmitted documents. 

I also resubmitted  “proof of domicile” documents on April 8th and today they rejected it as they want the 2 documents to be loaded separately even though they are both related to my “proof of domicile”. It’s crazy! So now I just resubmitted both documents separately and the 3 weeks wait time begins again. Ugh!

Edited by CarlosSeoanes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, please I’m in a dilemma right now regarding my police report.

I went ahead to do my police clearance at Alagbon, Ikoyi but I have just realized on the Police Character Certificate that was issued to me, it only carried my middle name and my first name but surname was omitted.

Do I need to go back or not for this correction or I shouldn’t since the CRO 21A form carried my full name including my surname. 

30 minutes ago, Bini & Ladonna said:

I went ahead to do my police clearance at Alagbon, Ikoyi but I have just realized on the Police Character Certificate that was issued to me, it only carried my middle name and my first name but surname was omitted.

Do I need to go back or not for this correction or I shouldn’t since the CRO 21A form carried my full name including my surname. 

It happened to me, but I did mine in Porthacourt, go back and tell them. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Bini & Ladonna said:

Hello,

you need to redo it... they can easily write it in it... or just do a new one.... to avoid 3 weeks of unnecessary delay. you would have to scan all the documents seperately, if not they will reject it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Anyone who car went from accepted and rejected or rejected to accepted call NVC see if you CAN get A nice person over the phone and explain to his/she can what is going on.

call twice and if you feel kind off then call back and ask to speak with a supervisor and they will be able to tell you or call and ask to speak to the supervisor.

i will make y’all laugh and if that supervisor want dumb then tell him while you talking to them to give you their email so you can send them the pictures now.

that is how you want straight answers.

Edited by nyokie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Happy Friday!

Just an FYI,  on Monday the CEAC website will be down for maintenance from 9am to 5pm (or longer). Please see picture attached.

Hope this doesn’t delay for them to review our cases! 

A085316C-571C-47EA-8AB9-B6E508D445F8.jpeg

Timeline
6 hours ago, nicedamsel said:

It happened to me, but I did mine in Porthacourt, go back and tell them. 

This is in Nigeria?  If so , yes go back and make sure you also upload fingerprints too. 

15 hours ago, hetakshpatel said:

I resubmitted it within an hour but the 3 weeks wait begins.

I thought the re-review only took 2 weeks.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I thought the re-review only took 2 weeks.

In theory yes, even for resubmitted documents its 3 weeks. If youre lucky you might skip the line. Some people get that chance and it gets reviewed within a week. But mostly it takes between 2-3 weeks for resubmission.

Submitted all documentation today so now ANOTHER wait begins! Fingers crossed that everything will get accepted..

I thought the USCIS stage was difficult because you knew it would take a long time before hearing anything back (and we got through that relatively quick with only about 6 months..) but the NVC stage is even worse! What a roller coaster ride with all these highs of getting 1 step closer and the lows of yet another anxious wait...

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.