db2016

One week after approval...

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, db2016 said:

they do not answer any case information over the phone. plus there is no direct way of calling IV, just email.

I’ve actually called before when I was in Egypt and told the operator to connect me to the consul himself and he did and I spoke with him directly. You could try that and maybe it’ll help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
20 hours ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

I’ve actually called before when I was in Egypt and told the operator to connect me to the consul himself and he did and I spoke with him directly. You could try that and maybe it’ll help. 

yeah I called many times but they said they only answer through emails for immigrant cases maybe because you applied for your fiance and it is non immigrant you were able to get a response.

Timeline

Did 

30 minutes ago, db2016 said:

yeah I called many times but they said they only answer through emails for immigrant cases maybe because you applied for your fiance and it is non immigrant you were able to get a response.

Did you have to fill out a supplemental form after your interview? The ds5535? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Did 

Did you have to fill out a supplemental form after your interview? The ds5535? 

No it was not asked of us, we were already approved and they have my husband's passport and our case status doesnt say were in AP (though it seems we are). It still says ready.

Timeline
3 hours ago, db2016 said:

No it was not asked of us, we were already approved and they have my husband's passport and our case status doesnt say were in AP (though it seems we are). It still says ready.

The reason I ask is because I emailed them last week asking why my case status still says ready and they replied by asking me to fill out this “supplemental questions” form that looks a lot like the questions from the ds form. We were also approved verbally and the embassy has his passport so idk why it would go to AP and if it did why would they not notify us. They’re so disorganized. I hope everything gets resolved 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.