mariam w.

the sealed envelope

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Some of the embassies are going completely electronic. It's a good possibility everything you would normally carry with you to POE was transmitted electronically. It Should say that somewhere on the paper you got.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

22 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

They're moving towards packetless, starting last year. It's fine, all the information is being sent electronically to CBP

I hope so realy 

and if it's like that why they didn't inform me from the begening why the other applicants had their packet ! the selection is based on what 

22 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Some of the embassies are going completely electronic. It's a good possibility everything you would normally carry with you to POE was transmitted electronically. It Should say that somewhere on the paper you got.

I hope so really

and if it's like that why they didn't inform me from the beginning why the other applicants had their packet ! the selection is based on what 

13 minutes ago, mariam w. said:

I hope so realy 

and if it's like that why they didn't inform me from the begening why the other applicants had their packet ! the selection is based on what 

I hope so really

and if it's like that why they didn't inform me from the beginning why the other applicants had their packet ! the selection is based on what 

I think the selection is random. I think they started rolling this out from certain Embassies with the goal of probably in a year or two, all Embassies will be packetless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, mariam w. said:

I hope so really

You mentioned you got a yellow paper with your passport.  What does it say on the yellow paper?

On 3/26/2019 at 2:55 PM, mariam w. said:

Hey,

I received my immigrant visa in the mail in my passport yesterday. All that was sent to me was my passport alone, & yellow paper
i didn't receive my sealed envelope
what can i do ?

Was your visa in your passport? If so its just like others said they filed it electronically

PS create a timeline. It helps us all with more data on things are progressing. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, mariam w. said:

thz yellow paper i received with the passport
the white one i received from the officer after the interview so i am confused

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

Did you upload your NVC documents directly to the system ... other options in use are paper copies sent by mail and scan and email. 

If you uploaded directly then your case is fully electronically recorded and you do not carry any document pack .. just your passport with the visa in it 

The yellow paper is giving you instructions on paying the fee to cover the manufacture of the physical Green Card , which you will get after arriving in the US. 

Enjoy not  having to guard the document envelope with your life as you prepare to leave and travel to the US 🤪

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Just to cut to the chase: simply see what is said in the "Annotations" part of your printed visa, if it says "IV Docs in CCD" you just carry your visa, no paper docs to be given to you to hand over to CBP (at the port of entry).

Also, today, uploading docs in CEAC does not necessarily mean that the visa will be without a packet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/28/2019 at 7:19 PM, mariam w. said:

i have  star * in my "Annotations" part of my  printed visa ... no ccd
i don't what this star means?

When was your Priority date? I130 approval date, cc date?  Soo many dates are missing. Please complete your timeline, it helps give us a better estimate of how this process is moving. It’s not fair to answer questions if your timeline is not complete. You got a visa and we have no clue how long it took you to get it. We all need that info cause it gives the rest of us estimates. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I would bet it’s electronic.

I am in favor of the efficiency but it’s been rolled out horribly.  Lack of coordinated communication.

ive seen several posts where no packet was received and nothing stated and it was always electronic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.