Tyron36

Russian laws regarding woman surname after marriage

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello :help::blink: .

I just got married with a great lady who has 3 year old girl.

the ex husband gave his permission for the girl to leave Russia and come to my country.

He stated at the agreements - my wifes before marriage name and surname.

Turkish laws doesn't allow my wife to keep her surname and added mine.

which means all permissions we have on hand are not valid any more,as for Russia the new surname is different.

we don't have any contact with the ex as he left the country and we don't know if and when he comes back.

please , if you know the Russian law regarding this matter please advise .

it leaves all our marriage on danger,we waited 2 years to get married and we love each other very much.

please advise what is the fastest way for her to keep her surname .

we don't have any Hidden motives, but our love, nor she gets any child alimony in case you think thats the motive of this request as her ex is a complete bum!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

the ex husband gave his permission for the girl to leave Russia and come to my country.

which means all permissions we have on hand are not valid any more,as for Russia the new surname is different.

we don't have any contact with the ex as he left the country and we don't know if and when he comes back.

it leaves all our marriage on danger,we waited 2 years to get married and we love each other very much.

we don't have any Hidden motives, but our love, nor she gets any child alimony in case you think thats the motive of this request as her ex is a complete bum!

I don't get it. You mention only Turkey and Russia and "my country" (whatever that might be). Somebody here might be able to help but this is a group of people familiar with immigrating to the USA. Your post doesn't mention that you are a US Citizen or even where you live, or why you ask the question. I'm lost.

In general, I expect your wife can document her name changes. She would have a birth certificate in her maiden name, and a marriage certificate to any husbands. What am I missing.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hello.

I am from Israel and she is from Russia .

we are forced to get married in other country as we are from different religions.

we didn't know that she is forced to get my family name,by Turkish laws , which leaves all our documents in big question.

she would immigrate to Israel and Not to the US.

What i am concerned is the Russian law -and how they see the new surname change .

regards

Tyron

I don't get it. You mention only Turkey and Russia and "my country" (whatever that might be). Somebody here might be able to help but this is a group of people familiar with immigrating to the USA. Your post doesn't mention that you are a US Citizen or even where you live, or why you ask the question. I'm lost.

In general, I expect your wife can document her name changes. She would have a birth certificate in her maiden name, and a marriage certificate to any husbands. What am I missing.

Tyron -- not sure if anyone here can help you then as this is a site for people seeking to immigrate to the US, not Israel. Someone may have some past experience of this, but as this is not an Israeli or Russian immigration site you might find it hard to get an answer. Good luck! :thumbs:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Well, Tyron, that's a start but we still have no context to your question. Why do you think, which documents will be a problem in accomplishing the goal of immigrating to Israel? You refer to the permissions. Are you concerned that the child will not be allowed out of Russia? If so, please refer to my original answer. You have a paper trail of your wife's various names. Take those papers with you as you exit Russia. Does the name in your wife's Russian passport match the child's permission document?

Hello.

we are forced to get married in other country as we are from different religions.

we didn't know that she is forced to get my family name,by Turkish laws , which leaves all our documents in big question.

What i am concerned is the Russian law -and how they see the new surname change .

regards

Tyron

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Dear Sir.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

The law in Russia, as we know, compels the woman who got married abroad to change her surname within a month time maximum.

If she married in Russia or any former soviet countries , she could choose if she wants to keep her surname.

The only issue we face :

The permission given by ex -were for her name and former surname.

we don't have contacts with the ex.

The Turkish added my surname to her-which means the documents we have are no longer void.

My wife can leave Russia any time, we did all this because of the child, as my country doesn't allow bringing kids without having a status or marriage certificate.

I am searching how I can solve this mater and unite with them asap.

thank you .

Regards

Tyron

Hello.

regards

Tyron

Timeline

Tyron,

I asked very specific questions because without the answers to them, I can't help you and I doubt nobody else can either. If you'll answer the questions directly, maybe I can help. If not, I'm afraid I have nothing more to offer.

Dear Sir.

The law in Russia, as we know, compels the woman who got married abroad to change her surname within a month time maximum.

If she married in Russia or any former soviet countries , she could choose if she wants to keep her surname.

The only issue we face :

The Turkish added my surname to her-which means the documents we have are no longer void.

My wife can leave Russia any time, we did all this because of the child, as my country doesn't allow bringing kids without having a status or marriage certificate.

thank you .

Regards

Tyron

Hello.

regards

Tyron

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Hello Sir.

I answered your questions , I think.

I am an Israeli Citizen ,My wife is Russian Citizen.

I wish to bring her with daughter to Israel , not to the US.

the new surname she got by Turkish laws comprises her surname and mine.

which according to Russian laws is considered different name.

all the documents and permission for the baby are on her old surname not new.

we don't have access to the Ex husband , so we cant issue a new one .

she can't ask for sole custody as it's very complex and would take 2 years or more by court.

I hope you /or any one can suggest what there is to do with the new situation.

Best regards

Tyron

Tyron,

I asked very specific questions because without the answers to them, I can't help you and I doubt nobody else can either. If you'll answer the questions directly, maybe I can help. If not, I'm afraid I have nothing more to offer.

Dear Sir.

The only issue we face :

thank you .

Regards

Tyron

Hello.

regards

Tyron

Timeline

Ok, one more try. Here are the questions again. They have not been answered. Please help us help you.

Well, Tyron, that's a start but we still have no context to your question.

\

1. Why do you think, which documents will be a problem in accomplishing the goal of immigrating to Israel?

2. Are you concerned that the child will not be allowed out of Russia?

3. Does the name in your wife's Russian passport match the child's permission document?

Here's how I see your situation. Please correct any errors.

1. You married before filing any papers to immigrate to Israel, so you can use her name, as it appears on your Turkish Marriage certificate on any papers delivered to the Israeli immigration authorities.

2. Her name in her current Russian passport may not match the name above. I don't know because you haven't answered that question but if it doesn't she needs a new passport issued in her current married name.

3. You have a paper trail showing the changes in her name.

4. When you take the child out of Russia you'll need to use that paper trail to demonstrate that, for instance, Mary Jones, married the child's father, and became Mary Smith, then later married you and became Mary Jones Cohen. Mary Jones Cohen is taking her child to Israel from Russia. You have a copy of all Mary's Id's in her various names as well as the documents showing when and how her name changed as well as why.

My question 1 above is to clear up exactly what you think will be a problem. I see two potential hurdles, getting the child out of Russia and getting a Russian passport in the same name as your marriage certificate. I don't know why either of those would be a problem, based on what I've told you above but still need the direct and specific answers to the above questions. If you won't help me help you, I can't help.

Tyron,

Dear Sir.

The only issue we face :

thank you .

Regards

Tyron

Hello.

regards

Tyron

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Tyron,

Perhaps this will help. My (Russian) wife is on her third marriage. At her first marriage, she changed her surname to her husbands. When she divorced, she left it that way. It is a big bureaucratic hassle to change names there. When she remarried, she left her surname as that of her first husband. (Same reason.) When they divorced, it stayed the same. I see no reason for her to change her surname at this time and, indeed, there are some Russian-peculiar reasons having to do with internal and external passports that make it advantageous for her to retain her current surname until after she becomes a US citizen.

If, in Russia, her surname is currently registered as that of her former husband, then that is her name as far as the Russian authorities are concerned.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

ah...... um..... well,

I guess what you're trying to ask here is how does she get her surname (or, more importantly the child's surname) to match up with the documents from the ex-husband for the purpose of having the child immigrate to Israel with her.

To do that, what you'll need to do is go through the nearest Russian embassy and have her (the child's) name placed inside the mother's international passport with the surname that you're using throughout the rest of your paperwork.

This is a strictly Russian deal, as Russia will only recognize "Russian" documents (necessary for child) so you're going to have to go through the Russian embassy/consulate nearest you, or if she's still in Russia, have her go to the local authority and have her Propiska (domestic passport) and her international passport amended to include the child's correct name.

Good luck with this. Also, stop by here from time-to-time. It would be interesting to hear about the future of your Visa Journey. Very interesting thus far! I'd like to hear more!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
ah...... um..... well,

I guess what you're trying to ask here is how does she get her surname (or, more importantly the child's surname) to match up with the documents from the ex-husband for the purpose of having the child immigrate to Israel with her.

yes that is correct , as new surname is not matching.

To do that, what you'll need to do is go through the nearest Russian embassy and have her (the child's) name placed inside the mother's international passport with the surname that you're using throughout the rest of your paperwork.

You mean the new added surname -hers and mine?

This is a strictly Russian deal, as Russia will only recognize "Russian" documents (necessary for child) so you're going to have to go through the Russian embassy/consulate nearest you, or if she's still in Russia, have her go to the local authority and have her Propiska (domestic passport) and her international passport amended to include the child's correct name.

child's name hasn't been changed , only mother's /

Good luck with this. Also, stop by here from time-to-time. It would be interesting to hear about the future of your Visa Journey. Very interesting thus far! I'd like to hear more!

Spasivo Bolshoy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.