RenoBound

Waiting time for Montreal Canada Interview

349 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, MBNB said:

SAME THING happened to us! So annoying! 

We got another notice last May 7. Asking for W2 of our joint sponsor’s husband (since theh file jointly). The attorney never told us about it! 😓 another 3 weeks of waiting for us. 😭

Timeline
16 minutes ago, MBNB said:

CC: April 10th 2018

still waiting for interview date! Really glad I found this thread! 

I hope you get yours soon. It’s been over a month since your CC. There are so many K1 applicants for Montreal so who knows if there is still spot for IR-CR1 

1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

We got another notice last May 7. Asking for W2 of our joint sponsor’s husband (since theh file jointly). The attorney never told us about it! 😓 another 3 weeks of waiting for us. 😭

We went back and forth with tax related documents for over 2 months! I'm so sorry you're going through this! 

Just now, Kartinee23 said:

I hope you get yours soon. It’s been over a month since your CC. There are so many K1 applicants for Montreal so who knows if there is still spot for IR-CR1 

Yeah I knew someone who filed around the same time we did (K1) and they have had their interview already! Heard Montreal can take a while but I hope nothing more than 2 months! I saw someone had been waiting since January :( Fingers crossed 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MBNB said:

We went back and forth with tax related documents for over 2 months! I'm so sorry you're going through this! 

Would you mind sharing your experience about the tax? This is all about tax and w2 back and forth now. We first submitted April 1. By the time they review the second resubmitted W2, it will be 2 months since we started 😓

Would you mind sharing your experience about the tax? This is all about tax and w2 back and forth now. We first submitted April 1. By the time they review the second resubmitted W2, it will be 2 months since we started 😓

We filed our taxes jointly, and our lawyer uploaded them all in the same place and the documents weren't labeled correctly to what NVC wanted. (So he corrected them and submitted) We then had to submit my Canadian tax documents in addition to the W-2's (another submission and wait) Then we were told my husband was not able to support me (they were looking at my Canadian tax return as a part time worker) so then we re-uploaded his W-2 separately (another submission and wait) Then we finally document qualified - April 10th. More so frustrating that we hired a lawyer to help us with the process and minor mistakes have delayed us immensely! It feels like we have been at the NVC forever! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MBNB said:

We filed our taxes jointly, and our lawyer uploaded them all in the same place and the documents weren't labeled correctly to what NVC wanted. (So he corrected them and submitted) We then had to submit my Canadian tax documents in addition to the W-2's (another submission and wait) Then we were told my husband was not able to support me (they were looking at my Canadian tax return as a part time worker) so then we re-uploaded his W-2 separately (another submission and wait) Then we finally document qualified - April 10th. More so frustrating that we hired a lawyer to help us with the process and minor mistakes have delayed us immensely! It feels like we have been at the NVC forever! 

Wait, I never submitted anything about financial documents on my side (canadiantax return) We also have a lawyer. And it is also them who delayed us like 3 times now.

Wait, I never submitted anything about financial documents on my side (canadiantax return) We also have a lawyer. And it is also them who delayed us like 3 times now.

We had to submit my tax return to allocate the missing $ from our whole return as a couple (because we filed jointly) Yes! Same thing with us! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MBNB said:

We had to submit my tax return to allocate the missing $ from our whole return as a couple (because we filed jointly) Yes! Same thing with us! 

Oh i didnt know it’s possible to file jointly even we are not living in the same country. We used a joint sponsor instead. My husband made enough for 2018 but we were not able to provide 3 months latest pay stub April 1. He just started with his new job March 5. So we got a joint sponsor to be safe but everything is messed up now and by the time we get Cc, for sure we can already provide 3months paystubs. ☹️ 

1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

Oh i didnt know it’s possible to file jointly even we are not living in the same country. We used a joint sponsor instead. My husband made enough for 2018 but we were not able to provide 3 months latest pay stub April 1. He just started with his new job March 5. So we got a joint sponsor to be safe but everything is messed up now and by the time we get Cc, for sure we can already provide 3months paystubs. ☹️ 

Hindsight just filing separately until we were together would have made this process a lot easier! Oh I see, I'm so sorry you got delayed so long, but you got to do what's best at the time which was a joint sponsor. Hopefully you get CC after this submission!! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MBNB said:

Hindsight just filing separately until we were together would have made this process a lot easier! Oh I see, I'm so sorry you got delayed so long, but you got to do what's best at the time which was a joint sponsor. Hopefully you get CC after this submission!! 

I hope so too. We thought NVC will be faster and easier than USCIS but... oh well!

I just want the Cc so we can finally be in queue for interview. Speciallywith Montreal’s long list. I want to get CC ASAP. Hopefully you get your email soon. I checked timelines of canadian members and I’ve seen K1 applicants who got July 7 or 10 date already. This means, May and june is full? 

12 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

I hope so too. We thought NVC will be faster and easier than USCIS but... oh well!

I just want the Cc so we can finally be in queue for interview. Speciallywith Montreal’s long list. I want to get CC ASAP. Hopefully you get your email soon. I checked timelines of canadian members and I’ve seen K1 applicants who got July 7 or 10 date already. This means, May and june is full? 

I received my email this morning and was booked for June 21st! So we only waited just a little over a month for an interview date! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MBNB said:

I received my email this morning and was booked for June 21st! So we only waited just a little over a month for an interview date! 

Yay! Congratulations! Please get back in here for more updates in every step you make after this! 

I can’t wait for CC! You getting a June interview is giving me hope that JUNE is really full for montreal even after seeing interview schedules of July!!! Thank God! Now go get your medical! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Ooopsy i think register first? Is it? Lol! Too excited

Edited by Kartinee23

41 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yay! Congratulations! Please get back in here for more updates in every step you make after this! 

I can’t wait for CC! You getting a June interview is giving me hope that JUNE is really full for montreal even after seeing interview schedules of July!!! Thank God! Now go get your medical! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Ooopsy i think register first? Is it? Lol! Too excited

@MBNB -  great news, congratulations!! 

I am asking a silly question - what does CC stand for?  Thx!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.